Mistaken Evolutions - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Mistaken Evolutions

Grass/Dragon Trainer Oenyxphoenix's Avatar

Follow Oenyxphoenix on Tumblr

Default Re: Mistaken Evolutions

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    I thought that Arbok evolved into Seviper waay before 4kids made the same mistake. I also thought that Eevee evolved into Espeon and Umbreon via the Sun and Moon stones.

Oh, and it took me forever to realise that Bellossom was even related to Gloom, probably had something to do with them looking nothing like one another.
    I thought the same thing for all three of those cases :P

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it would be about corrupted evolutions of Pokemon, like a corollary to Digimon's SkullGreymon and other "dark digivolutions."

Anyway...

Back in the ancient times of when Gen 2 was first debuting, I remember there were a lot of people who thought that Marill (or, as it was popularly known before it debuted, "Pikablu") was some sort of water evolution of Pikachu. I also thought, like others have mentioned, that Plusle and Minun would be related to the Pikachu family in some way when I first saw them in Gen 3.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    I thought Slowking evolved from Slowbro, but its actually from Slowpoke, I discovered that while trying to trade one and evolve it...

Also, my uncle tried to convince me that Articuno evolved into Lugia, but I didn't fall for it.
    I had a similar misconception (mentioned here already), except I attempted a trade with Slowpoke instead of Slowbro, so I was surprised this evolution happened because I didn't expect it.

I agree with the other poster: you have a cool uncle.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchikid View Post
    I thought Slowking evolved from Slowbro, but its actually from Slowpoke, I discovered that while trying to trade one and evolve it...

Also, my uncle tried to convince me that Articuno evolved into Lugia, but I didn't fall for it.
    That sounds like a cool uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post

I had a similar misconception (mentioned here already), except I attempted a trade with Slowpoke instead of Slowbro, so I was surprised this evolution happened because I didn't expect it.

I agree with the other poster: you have a cool uncle.

Thanks for reading.
    Hehe, thanks, he is, such a shame his son is just a mindless troll who can't troll right to save his life...
    Chiss and Angelic Gardevoir like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

My friend thought Trapinch was a stand-alone pokemon and didn't believe that it was the pre-evo of the Flygon family. I evolved a Trapinch in front of her for proof.

Way back when I barely had enough information about Pokemon, I thought Mew evolved into Mewtwo.

Won't be here too often! Insomniac's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To tell you the truth, I thought that Sylveon looked like that it could evolve from Victini. While I was aware that legendries cannot evolve, Sylveon just looked too much like a Victini in form of a fox.

A few seconds later, I looked at the information about Sylveon, saying that it evolves from Eevee.
    My deviantART page

Blog Entries

Back before the Gen V mons were completely revealed, I thought for sure that Alomomola was an evolution of Luvdisc. None of the others really caught me off guard, although I did try to get an Umbreon by giving Eevee a Moon Stone. Was very surprised when it didn't work...
    Angelic Gardevoir likes this.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    I thought Ninjask evolved into Shedinja. I was adamant on completing my dex in Ruby, so I trained my Jask to level 65... then when that failed I tried trading it with various items. You can only imagine my frustration when I found out it evolved (or rather appeared out of nowhere) in a special way :s
    I thought Shedninja was an alt evolution of Nincada until last week (I never bothered getting or evolving one until now)

I have two Ninjasks now :|

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    I haven't mistaken the evolutionary line itself, but I once thought Pikachu could evolve into Raichu by leveling up to 20 or 25, and that the thunderstone is just used to speed up things.
    There's actually a glitch in Red/Blue (no surprise there) where that happens if you have a Growlithe in your party.

(I tried it.)

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought that Throh evolved into Sawk. So when I caught Sawk, I attempted to breed a Throh...

...all I got was a Sawk...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

In grade school, when Ruby and Sapphire first came out, I had an argument with another student over Plusle and Minun (I had the guidebook so I already knew they couldn't evolve), but the other kid said that the evolution line went Plusle -> Minun -> Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu.

Also, when I first saw it, I thought Lickilicky looked too stupid to evolve from Lickitung and thought it was a pre-evo instead.

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Aside from the obvious Luvdisc/Alomomola and Tauros/Bouffalant connections, I thought Remoraid evolved into Mantine due to Remoraid sticking underneath Mantine in Colosseum and XD. I also thought that Zigzagoon evolved into Furret because of the color similarities.

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quotes stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

Blog Entries

I think Gogoat is a Tarous evolution.

Also, @^, Remoraid is required for Mantyke to evolve into Mantine.
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

Pokemon Lover

I was told about the whole Pikablu thing when I was nine, but didn't believe it.

One of my friends thought Togepi evolved into Chansey before Togetic was released.

As for me, I used to think Plusle evolved into Minun, and that Arbok evolved into Seviper. (Note: I believed this before I saw the infamous episode in which the dub claimed it, because Jesse had a Seviper and it was a snake, and even had the same voice that Ekans did, at least as far as I could tell.)
    Last edited by The Imaginatrix; 17th December 2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post

I thought that for a little while too but then I realized that if Slowbro reverts back into a Slowpoke if Shellder lets go of its tail then there's no way that a Slowbro can become Slowking.
    I read somewhere (a false rumour) that Slowking was from Slowbro; i assumed that the same Shellder let go of the tail THEN clamped onto the head. It wasn't until i saw artwork for the TCG that i learned the truth.

I too assumed a relationship between Shellos & Lapras. I got a Shellos TCG card before playing any gen IV games.

When i first saw Shuppet (in Colosseum) i thought it was a Misdreavus prevo. Also i thought that Illumise was the male only and Volbeat was female only; since Illumise looks like Mozart and Volbeat resembles a ladybird's colouring - even though there are male ladybirds the name automatically implies femininity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    I thought that Throh evolved into Sawk. So when I caught Sawk, I attempted to breed a Throh...

...all I got was a Sawk...
    Wait, it doesn't? I have never owned a Sawk or Throh but I thought they were a family...
    URPG Floaroma Gym Leader!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast