Mindblowing thing i just noticed - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

  1. #16
    Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    952
    Blog Entries
    64

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    065 Venonat
    119 Venomoth
    123 Caterpie
    124 Metapod
    125 Butterfree

    Order they were created in.

  2. #17
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Up my own ass! Feels good man!
    Posts
    5,253
    Blog Entries
    64
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    This is as old as Clefable and Gengar.

  3. #18
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,171
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by hippojoe View Post
    ok, lets just say we forget the venomoth caterpie thing

    are you going to honestly say venonat and butterfree aren't EXTREMELY similar?

    like....their eyes, hands, mouth, antennas, their eye color and body color, as well as arrangement of all of these features?
    You know, like Luvdisc and Mamanbo.

  4. #19
    What Fourth Gen.?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gen 2 Slowpoke Well
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    You know, like Luvdisc and Mamanbo.
    yeah....cuz those were in the same game, they werent made a decade apart or anything
    I think Pearl, Diamon, and Platinum Versions suck. Sorry


  5. #20
    What Fourth Gen.?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gen 2 Slowpoke Well
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Butterfly View Post
    065 Venonat
    119 Venomoth
    123 Caterpie
    124 Metapod
    125 Butterfree

    Order they were created in.
    those numbers do not mean that they created one before the other, only that they were put into the game in that order...
    I think Pearl, Diamon, and Platinum Versions suck. Sorry


  6. #21
    back to the start Arc Blader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,510
    Blog Entries
    19

    Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    This whole idea seems pretty idiotic. By this reasoning, Gastly was meant to evolve into Voltorb (similar eyes and round shape), Dewgong was supposed to evolve into Dragonite (both have single horns and round heads), and Flareon was supposed to evolve into Arcanine (both red and very furry). See? Anyone can do this.

  7. #22
    Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,563
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Just because something looks like it evolved from something doesn't mean that it actually did evolve from it.

    Luvdisc and Mamanbou aren't related at all despite looking nearly identical

  8. #23
    What Fourth Gen.?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gen 2 Slowpoke Well
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by Arc Blader View Post
    This whole idea seems pretty idiotic. By this reasoning, Gastly was meant to evolve into Voltorb (similar eyes and round shape), Dewgong was supposed to evolve into Dragonite (both have single horns and round heads), and Flareon was supposed to evolve into Arcanine (both red and very furry). See? Anyone can do this.

    really? you think ghastly looks as similar to voltorb as venonat does to butterfree

    get some glasses?
    I think Pearl, Diamon, and Platinum Versions suck. Sorry


  9. #24
    Registered User Dusktrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    while it seems possible that butterfree and venonat were ate one point supposed to be switched in their evolution families, the V/Y shape thing probably has nothing to do with it...

  10. #25
    is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,658
    Blog Entries
    108

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain902 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is true, I heard it on another site or something. But the thing I don't get is why Venomoth is purple, and Caterpie and Metapod are green (but Butterfree is also purple)? Also, why is it Venonat and Venomoth?
    As the theory goes, Venomoth and Butterfree's names were switched around somehow.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

  11. #26
    Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,563
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by Arc Blader View Post
    This whole idea seems pretty idiotic. By this reasoning, Gastly was meant to evolve into Voltorb (similar eyes and round shape), Dewgong was supposed to evolve into Dragonite (both have single horns and round heads), and Flareon was supposed to evolve into Arcanine (both red and very furry). See? Anyone can do this.
    Or that the inside of a Cloyster is a ghastly.

    Finding such similarities is not hard at all.

  12. #27
    back to the start Arc Blader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,510
    Blog Entries
    19

    Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by hippojoe View Post
    really? you think ghastly looks as similar to voltorb as venonat does to butterfree

    get some glasses?
    It most certainly does, especially by the criteria you've set up (disregard color, size, logic, etc.). They have the same eyes. They're both round. They can both Explode. I see just as much evidence supporting Voltorb/Gastly as Venonat/Butterfree. And, as an added note, what proof - and by proof, I mean objective fact, going beyond "OMG VENONAT SO TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE BUTTERFREE LOL XD" - do you have that Game Freak even considered making Venonat evolve into Butterfree.

  13. #28
    What Fourth Gen.?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gen 2 Slowpoke Well
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by Arc Blader View Post
    It most certainly does, especially by the criteria you've set up (disregard color, size, logic, etc.). They have the same eyes. They're both round. They can both Explode. I see just as much evidence supporting Voltorb/Gastly as Venonat/Butterfree. And, as an added note, what proof - and by proof, I mean objective fact, going beyond "OMG VENONAT SO TOTALLY LOOKS LIKE BUTTERFREE LOL XD" - do you have that Game Freak even considered making Venonat evolve into Butterfree.
    well, venonat and butterfree ARE the same color. their eyes are the same, their noses are the same and have the same teeth things attatched to them, their antennas are the same, and in the same place....their hands are the exact same shape and are in the same place....and what proof besided OMG LOL VOLTORB AND GHASTLY ARE ROUND AND EXPLODE LOLOLOL XD do you have that Gamefreak DIDN'T consider it?

    and how do you think voltorb and ghastly have the same eyes? ghastlys are half circles and voltorb's are triangles.....
    I think Pearl, Diamon, and Platinum Versions suck. Sorry


  14. #29
    back to the start Arc Blader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,510
    Blog Entries
    19

    Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    Quote Originally Posted by hippojoe View Post
    well, venonat and butterfree ARE the same color.
    But Metapod and Venomoth are not. That's supposed to be part of your argument, remember? That Venomoth was originally the final Stage of the Caterpie Line?
    their eyes are the same, their noses are the same and have the same teeth things attatched to them, their antennas are the same, and in the same place....their hands are the exact same shape and are in the same place
    As Ranger Jack Walker pointed out, it could also be said that Gastly was supposed to be a relative of the Shellder family: They all consist of Black spheres inside something purple; Shellder and Gastly both enjoy sticking out their tongues; Gastly and Cloyster have similar eyes; Gastly and Cloyster both appear to be leering at you. That's pretty much the same amount of "proof" you provided for Venonat/Butterfree.
    ....and what proof besided OMG LOL VOLTORB AND GHASTLY ARE ROUND AND EXPLODE LOLOLOL XD do you have that Gamefreak DIDN'T consider it?
    ...When exactly did I try to prove that Game Freak never considered Venonat/Butterfree with Voltorb/Gastly? Furthermore, I never claimed that I could prove GF DIDN'T consider Venonat/Butterfree, I merely asked you if you could prove that they did, which you subsequently failed to do. If you cannot objectively prove that they did consider Venonat/Butterfree, then it cannot be accepted as fact. Saying "You can't prove they didn't consider it" is not proof of Venonat/Butterfree's validity.

    and how do you think voltorb and ghastly have the same eyes? ghastlys are half circles and voltorb's are triangles.....
    They're both somewhat triangular and frowned. And, keep in mind, this resemblance exists outside of the rudimentary Red/Blue sprites, unlike your "Caterpie, Metapod and Venomoth are all Ys" assertion.

  15. #30
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,171
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Mindblowing thing i just noticed

    What Arc Blader is saying highlights the problem with this fandom. Rather than taking concrete evidence to support their arguments, all people do are make casual observations which can be made about many Pokemon. There have been many 'relations' brought up that have can easily be shot down such as Cubone/Kangaskhan or Trapinch/Charizard (both of which had their possible origins thoroughly examined). Yet, with the lack of any concrete arguments apart from "they look alike", fans fall back to the "you can't prove they didn't intend it to be so, therefore I am right" argument, when that very same argument can be reflected right back at them.

    Let's look at this argument already. We've shown that "similar features" have applied through many unrelated Pokemon, yet Pokemon, both based off of insects having novel similarities is suddenly supposed to make them related? That's not grasping at straws?

    Then, when the only piece of connecting evidence between Caterpie, Metapod and Venomoth had been refuted, the argument turns to "let's ignore that and look at this instead" when the entire premise of your argument was that all three had this V/Y shaped antenna.

    and how do you think voltorb and ghastly have the same eyes? ghastlys are half circles and voltorb's are triangles.....
    Quite ironic when you used the same vague "connect the dots" argument to prove your point.

    Yes, there are casual similarities between them, there are casual similarities between a lot of Pokemon.

    Oh look, here's another Pokemon with Venonat-like eyes. Clearly the same eye type, the only difference is the shape to make Beedrill look more fierce.

    yeah....cuz those were in the same game, they werent made a decade apart or anything
    Yeah, and what's amazing is that they were made a decade apart, clearly have similarities, yet they didn't make it an evolution to Luvdisc despite the fact that they could have easily done it.

    Yet, when two Pokemon within the same generation look moderately alike, they must have originally been intended to be related. But if they're from different generations,clearly not right?

    Now, since we're playing "connect the dots", why not try connect Venomoth and Venonat?

    Venomoth has the same pincer-like mouth that Venonat has, and in fact, its quite prominent on it, not like on Butterfree. Both of them are also purple.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •