Manaphy and Phione - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manaphy and Phione

Default Re: Manaphy and Phione

I consider Phione to be like Rotom, you can breed and get endless Phiones, Like Rotom of whom I don't consider a legendary.

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phione is confirmed to not be a legendary. Check the talk page for the Celebi article if you don't believe me.

With a mustache.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well, that sounds good enough for me then. Though that still begs the question of Manaphy.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

This begs the question of "why are we trusting a side game?" to mind. If we are counting sidegames, then a lot of things fans assume about legendaries would be untrue.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

I consider Phione a legendary, just the worst one there is. Does anyone consider Rotom a legendary?
    I claimed Squirtle.

My SoulSilver Info:
    Name: Allan
    Friend Code: 0818 5931 2255

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

We can't really discount anything if we're willing to believe both the anime AND games in this section. The contradictions there are astounding.

Though even in the anime phione was never a legendary.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Truthfully, the anime doesn't decide whether Phione is a legendary. Neither do side games. They may be overseen by the Pokemon company but even true official sources have been confused on Phione's status, calling it both a legendary and a non-legendary at varying times. I guess the only ones who will ever truly know what Phione is is the designers themselves.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    This begs the question of "why are we trusting a side game?" to mind. If we are counting sidegames, then a lot of things fans assume about legendaries would be untrue.
    Such as...?

With a mustache.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Such as...?

With a mustache.
    For a few, the "One of each" rule of Legendaries that fans assume to be true would be broken on several occasions, Legendaries would hatch froms eggs on a few occasions and etc. Also, Dialga has been shown to actually be controlled by time more than it controls it in PMD2 and 3 (Why else would Primal Dialga exist?).

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfire View Post
    We can't really discount anything if we're willing to believe both the anime AND games in this section. The contradictions there are astounding.

Though even in the anime phione was never a legendary.
    They had a Heatran just chilling with a trainer during the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Phione is confirmed to not be a legendary. Check the talk page for the Celebi article if you don't believe me.

With a mustache.
    Can we be more specific? Pretty long talk page, and honestly, the logic that goes into arguments on those talk pages frustrate me.

EDIT: Nvm found it, GS seems to be consistent with their categorization, though what do they call Mewtwo when you fight it?

Found the clip here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f313/manaphy-phione-85627-post2455512/#post2455512

I can't find anything similar with the writing.

EDIT: Okay, so it just says Edward's Mewtwo, so no help there since its counting it as a trainer's Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    For a few, the "One of each" rule of Legendaries that fans assume to be true would be broken on several occasions, Legendaries would hatch froms eggs on a few occasions and etc. Also, Dialga has been shown to actually be controlled by time more than it controls it in PMD2 and 3 (Why else would Primal Dialga exist?).
    Well, PMD is alternate universe, while Manaphy's entire existence in the main series is due to the Ranger games, so I wouldn't discount them. Sure, Game Freak may have made Manaphy, but it still holds that its origin of capture is in Ranger.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 15th November 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123