Manaphy and Phione

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manaphy and Phione

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Manaphy and Phione

Inspired by the Ulgamoth theory thread

I'm sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake of this, but are Manaphy and Phione legendaries?

Well, specifically Manaphy. Phione can be bred to get as many of them as you want.

But, as said above, Manaphy can breed. It can't create more of itself, but it CAN breed. Also, in Ranger, when you first find it, its an egg. This suggests that there IS some way to get more of them.

Can anyone enlighten me?

P.S. Theories about why Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy / Manaphy can breed things that don't evolve into it?
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Default Re: Manaphy and Phione

Because Manaphy is a mutation of Phione. Consider it the smae species, only a little different. When you breed a farfetch'd and get a farfetch'd, you can't expect the child to evolve into another farfetch'd, if that makes any sense. Likewise, Manaphy breeds Phiones, as well as Phiones breeding Phiones. Neither will evolve into each other.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

I would call it legendary only because you need an event to obtain it. As in, a real life event, not an in game event. So logically it would be referred o as a legendary because there is no easy means to obtain it.

Blog Entries

Its definitely a legendary. Manaphy is hard to obtain, plus, there is only one way to get it and you can only get it once. Phione, is more of a question actually. If you have a manaphy, you can get endlsess Phione's. Phione's can make more Phione's. Phione world :3

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNostalgia View Post
    Inspired by the Ulgamoth theory thread

I'm sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake of this, but are Manaphy and Phione legendaries?

Well, specifically Manaphy. Phione can be bred to get as many of them as you want.

But, as said above, Manaphy can breed. It can't create more of itself, but it CAN breed. Also, in Ranger, when you first find it, its an egg. This suggests that there IS some way to get more of them.

Can anyone enlighten me?

P.S. Theories about why Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy / Manaphy can breed things that don't evolve into it?
    Manaphy is a Legend no questions asked... Phione on the other hand... Is up fo rdebate... Even Gamefreak has gone back and forth with Phione's Legendary Status. Personally I don't see Phione as a Legend. It's stats are far to low plus it's easy to get.

I really do see phione as a legend but(i know this is silly) but a lower class one? If you would think of it as above pseudo but below normal i guess because yes you can get an endless amount IF you have a manaphy though sdo in a sense it is still only avaliable through the event. legendary in my opinion though just not on the same class
    Sludge exposed to X rays from the moon transformed into GRIMER

wat

Blog Entries

People should stop with their limited notion of what a "legendary" is and isn't.

There are no set laws on what a legendary is, get over it. There also seems to be different classes of legendaries in Japanese based on Pokemon of legend, and those that are more equated to being cryptids. We shouldn't classify something as legendary based on stats or random features that have never been set.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Manaphy is a Legend no questions asked... Phione on the other hand... Is up fo rdebate... Even Gamefreak has gone back and forth with Phione's Legendary Status. Personally I don't see Phione as a Legend. It's stats are far to low plus it's easy to get.
    Not really. If we include trading, everything is easy to get. Not taking trading into account, Phione's availability is dependent on whether or not you have a Manaphy and a Ditto.

Pokerus is technically hard to get, but once you have it, its fairly common to spread.

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

I'd consider Manaphy a legend for sure, but I don't know about Phione. You can get lots of them, but only after acquiring a Manaphy. As Outrage stated, it's like a Pokérus, hard to get but easy to make more of. I'd consider it a legend myself, because of it's relation to Manaphy. That's the only point that makes it worthy of this status, because its stats and availability show otherwise.

hi

You know, in Pokemon snap there were eggs of the trio birds.

I theories that all ledgeys lay eggs it's just that most of them don't lay eggs in the day care.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Blog Entries

I too would consider Phione a Legendary for the sheer fact that it has been called one by official sources, even if the sources were initially unsure and it's gone back and forth several times. Plus it's related to Manaphy, which is like the icing on the cake.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't call it a legend, only an event. A bit like Victini in that sense. No real legend about it, just a powerful little critter.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Yet Victini is a Legendary.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Phione dosent have the stats of Manaphy though and you can get limitless manaphy, Manaphy, not so much

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Phione dosent have the stats of Manaphy though and you can get limitless manaphy, Manaphy, not so much,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKeith View Post
    Phione dosent have the stats of Manaphy though and you can get limitless manaphy, Manaphy, not so much,
    I assume you meant to say limitless "Phione".

I classify Manaphy is a Legendary (Prince of the Sea, yeah a title like that pretty much seals its status for me).

Phione... Eh, no. Besides, you can constantly churn out Phione so no Legendary status.

But could Phione be a mutated Manaphy?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast