Main characters only have a mother. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Main characters only have a mother.

Default Re: Main characters only have a mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinqe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    I like to think that Green is Red's sister. That's why they live in the same house (I know in the manga they're not related but I'm saying in the games not the manga).
    In the games, Green and Blue are the same character - and he's male. I refer of course to the Generation I champion, the game counterpart of Gary Oak.
    No, I'm talking about Green not Blue.
    I looked it up on Bulbapedia, and Green appears to always be connected to Blue in the games. Who is Green in the games?
    That's two different "Green"s.
    The first "Green" is the Japanese name for the rival / Gary character (who is known in the localizations as "Blue").
    The second "Green" is the English name for the female character from the Pokémon Adventures manga who has never appeared in any of the games, although she may have influenced the design of Leaf (the female playable character in FiredRed / LeafGreen) and some people think that she may have originally been planned as a playable character in the original Red and Green Versions but the idea was never implemented.
    Either way, I don't consider them to be the same character since they have completely different backgrounds and stories.

hi

Green is what I call the girl commonly referred to as "Leaf".

I refuse to call her Leaf though as it is a stupid name.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Well, in the Anime the only time they really mentioned Ash's father was when Ash got to Viridian City.
    Ash's mom: Wow! Your father never made it this far!

So I'm assuming that his father if he has even a quarter of Ash's determination but couldn't cut it as a trainer, left the family in shame. I mean I think it hinted that Delia and Professor Oak might have a romantic spark between them meaning she is divorced. But then again he's 30 years her senior.

As for the games, your character is always the "Best trainer ever" training is in your blood, so it makes sense that their fathers (Except for Birch) is off on his own journey. If anything that's probably what motivated your characters in the first place.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

There's honestly no point. The mom already does everything you need to do in the beginning, so why waste time making another useless character?

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    There's honestly no point. The mom already does everything you need to do in the beginning, so why waste time making another useless character?
    There are already hundreds of NPCs who a lot of people deem useless. Maybe they are useless, but I think they do a good job of filling the background. A father would help to complete the scene.

Also, in DPPt, if you talk to your mother in Twinleaf Town she says you start to look like your father (if you play as Lucas anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

There's TONS of stuff your dad could do in the games, he could be a famous trainer that you can battle later on (not necessarily a GL or E4), the daycare owner, that region's fill-in for Bill, A contest master (or whatever subplot/minigame the generation has), A breeder, a teacher at the pokémon school they have each generation, a student there, perhaps, or just a sad gambler...
    Penguin Yaoi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    There's TONS of stuff your dad could do in the games, he could be a famous trainer that you can battle later on (not necessarily a GL or E4), the daycare owner, that region's fill-in for Bill, A contest master (or whatever subplot/minigame the generation has), A breeder, a teacher at the pokémon school they have each generation, a student there, perhaps, or just a sad gambler...
    He's a Bug Catcher, lol. Ash's father wasn't able to make it past Pewter City and he was too ashamed to return home, so he's been hanging out in the Viridian Forest catching bugs his whole life. And even after all those years of training them, his bugs are still only about level 5 or 6.

On the other hand, Red's father is the president of Silph Co. That's why he's never around — he's too busy running his company. You do get to save his life though...

it obvious their father died

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12