Lost Respect For Pokemon - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lost Respect For Pokemon

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

I didn't lose respect for the pokemon anime.

I just lost hope XDD Seriously, that recent league arc was just... hopeless.

If they continue to be like that - and mess up Episode N, then I'll probably lose respect altogether.
    The Rainmaker

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Id lose respect if they replace Iris with the girl from X and Y and give her an annoying VA

I have already lost respect for anything that isn't about the games.
    For myself to lose respect for Pokemon, they would have make a MMO, a dating game or make it as dark as an T or M rated game (Though I would not mind if Pokemon got bumped to E10+)
    Additionally if they make bad Pokemon designs, (And no, I do not find Generation V's designs to be bad.) if they make unoriginal game plots, if they change the formula, or if Pokemon just starts to feel less like Pokemon, I would lose respect for Pokemon. (IDK what I mean by the last one.)

Pokemon, and Nintendo in General, would lose respect from me if they ever put in DLC content like new areas to catch certain pokemon or side quests that I would have to pay for with real money. I dislike paid DLC for games in general but the idea of putting paid DLC content in a game that is geared for younger audiences just makes me livid.
    An IceFox who prefers fire types? That's... interesting.
    I'm more partial to blues and greens as well~

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba View Post
    I have already lost respect for anything that isn't about the games.
    For myself to lose respect for Pokemon, they would have make a MMO, a dating game or make it as dark as an T or M rated game (Though I would not mind if Pokemon got bumped to E10+)
    Additionally if they make bad Pokemon designs, (And no, I do not find Generation V's designs to be bad.) if they make unoriginal game plots, if they change the formula, or if Pokemon just starts to feel less like Pokemon, I would lose respect for Pokemon. (IDK what I mean by the last one.)
    I've only lost respect for the anime. The manga, games, and TCG are still good.

Blog Entries

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I also lost my respect for the anime, which I sad because it was what introduced me into Pokémon. Brock shouldn't have left, Iris shouldn't have came, and Ash shouldn't have stupidly become a dumb kid again (he looked older and slightly smarter in the Diamond and Pearl arc.)
    The games are what I like the most. I just hope they stay as mature as B2/W2 are.
    The manga is also very good. Much more mature than the games, and it should stay as it is.
    I'm not a fan of the TCG (I've never been a fan of trading cards actually), but I guess that's fine.

i don't really play the games much anymore unless it's competitively - i don't play them as much as i used to, at least. i don't really think there's much that gamefreak could do to make me lose respect for the series. designs that i find unappealing would definitely turn me off, but i think there are a few bad ones in every generation so i could suffer through that. i'd probably hate seeing some puerile attempt at being 'dark' (see how the shadow the hedgehog game that was developed in c. 2005 ended up), but i don't really see that happening.

Blog Entries

Answering genwunners' complaints.

Anime: I already sort of lost respect for that. Well, the TV episodes anyway. The movies I still quite enjoy, because they aren't so childish. "Pokémon is for children" is an argument I get tired of hearing when I say that too. Like I swear it wasn't as childish when I was a child! And I have re-watched those episodes recently, so it wasn't just me seeing it differently because of my age. I can't quite explain it. It's just Iris' catchphrase... Cilan's catchphrase... Ash being seemingly stupider than he used to be... yeah. It's hard to take. I mean, I still watch it, just so I know what's going on. But the main characters (with the exception of Team Rocket) just seemed more... mature in previous series. The only improvement to the new series is that Team Rocket aren't popping up at every God-given opportunity to be childish and fail.

Games: I don't really know to be honest, they'd have to probably make me pay £50 for the game or something, to make me lose respect for it. And even then, I'd still buy it, I'd just complain about it. Or paying for DLC (which is one I've already seen mentioned in the thread), that would be really annoying.

Other: Other aspects of the franchise, again, it would be to do with cost. I already begrudge paying £3.99 for a booster pack of cards (which seems to be standard here), although you can get them cheaper in some places. If it got more expensive, I'd lose respect.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I haven't lost respect for the Animé at all, it's campy fun~!

Also, we're watching a kid's show, lighten up!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456