Lost Respect For Pokemon - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Lost Respect For Pokemon

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

Just a reminder, this thread is to discuss things that would make you lose respect for Pokemon. If you wish to continue talking about starter typings, please do so in another thread.
    Owain likes this.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would lose respect for Pokemon if they made ANOTHER 8-Badge League. Other factors include, but are not limited to:

-Another Water-type GL.

-More Dragon-types introduced in a generation than Ghost- or Ice-types, or even both.

-Taking out Double, Triple, or Rotation Battles.

-The next evil team wanting to rule or destroy the world.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Purazuma View Post
    I would lose respect for Pokemon if they made ANOTHER 8-Badge League. Other factors include, but are not limited to:

-Another Water-type GL.

-More Dragon-types introduced in a generation than Ghost- or Ice-types, or even both.

Then what should the enemy team do? You're kind of cutting off their options...

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post

-Another Water-type GL.

Then what should the enemy team do? You're kind of cutting off their options...

Oh, you're right! I am cutting off their options... how about if they already did take over their region, and you're a rebel?
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, you're right! I am cutting off their options... how about if they already did take over their region, and you're a rebel?
    Then you'd have Pokemon Colosseum.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they made Pokémon more "mature" and introduced edgier themes and Pokémon. They already pushed it with BWBW2. Pokémon was part of my CHILDHOOD for a REASON. It's plenty fun as is, why fix something that ain't broke?
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    If they made Pokémon more "mature" and introduced edgier themes and Pokémon. They already pushed it with BWBW2. Pokémon was part of my CHILDHOOD for a REASON. It's plenty fun as is, why fix something that ain't broke?
    ^Shielding children from moral greyness isn't really a good idea, since that means they may only learn it by failing in life, since they haven't encountered these kinds of thoughts yet, I'm not saying parents can't teach that, but I still think those should be more present in children's media. What is it that you consider Darker and Edgier?

I respect your oppinion, but I'd ask you to read through this post of mine from a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    I'll go into tangents here, read if you want to:

Children are a lot more complex than people give them credit for, really, and while it is true that media designated to kids these days seems to be very scared of bringing more adult themes into play, kids actually like seeing those, they like being treated seriously.

Think of your own childhood(assuming you were a child at that point, but even if you weren't, I'm sure you can relate), movies that were around at that time, like, Lion King for instance, it had its darker moments, with Mufasa's death and the like, Finding Nemo's beggining, with Marlin's wife and most children being eaten, Quasimodo's mother getting killed, Bambi's mother being shot, I find that you don't really see those anymore, which is unfortunate, because we, as kids, got that, we could understand it and draw our own conclusions, learn about more mature topics, and relate to them.

And that is precisely what I like about Pokémon, it does not get ''too far'', but at the same time, it respects its target audience, Black and White are a prime example of that, they went into a more morally-grey area by showing the animal abuse of Pokémon, and actually making us think, re-evaluate what we think, and I can actually see that, children or not, that is relatable, it's greatness, we need more of that in other franchises, which is why an E-rating is perfect, if we raise it, we'll be excluding children from learning about those topics, which are absolutely necessary for them growing up, and making them think.
    So why is it that a series shouldn't bring darker and edgier elements? and what elements you don't want to bring into Pokémon? If you're talking about violence and sex, those are only considered ''mature'' topics in a value of mature that doesn't really correlate to the increasing maturity of topics discussed in Pokémon games and will never do, besides moments of getting crap past the radar.
    Green Zubat and Sapphire like this.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

Shielding children from moral greyness isn't really a good idea, since that means they may only learn it by failing in life, since they haven't encountered these kinds of thoughts yet, I'm not saying parents can't teach that, but I still think those should be more present in children's media. What is it that you consider Darker and Edgier?

I respect your oppinion, but I'd ask you to read through this post of mine from a while back.
    Based on your vocabulary, I bet you're a Troper. That's OK, I am too. I think the argument is that many fans want Pokemon to be darker and edgier for the sake of being darker and edgier. Adding sex and violence just for the hell of it, or because "everyone else is doing it", isn't a good idea for a generally family-friendly series. I think Nintendo could keep it mature, but I would be unhappy if the ESRB give it an M rating. I've noticed some M-rated games are anything but mature. I'd rather keep the dark aspects at where they are today; subtle and carefully handled, rather than being shoved in your face.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to smoke opium and indulge in pleasures of the flesh.
    Owain and Green Zubat like this.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heatmor C. Dawson View Post
    Shielding children from moral greyness isn't really a good idea, since that means they may only learn it by failing in life, since they haven't encountered these kinds of thoughts yet, I'm not saying parents can't teach that, but I still think those should be more present in children's media. What is it that you consider Darker and Edgier?

Based on your vocabulary, I bet you're a Troper. That's OK, I am too. I think the argument is that many fans want Pokemon to be darker and edgier for the sake of being darker and edgier. Adding sex and violence just for the hell of it, or because "everyone else is doing it", isn't a good idea for a generally family-friendly series. I think Nintendo could keep it mature, but I would be unhappy if the ESRB give it an M rating. I've noticed some M-rated games are anything but mature. I'd rather keep the dark aspects at where they are today; subtle and carefully handled, rather than being shoved in your face.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to smoke opium and indulge in pleasures of the flesh.
    That's kind of what I meant. Children are smart, but adding in violence and such for the sake of it just isn't cool.
    Owain likes this.

Add Chiss on Facebook

*dodges and spins through the flame war*
    If they never make a hoenn remake.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

^ this, sooo much this. Hoenn was is a really awesome region, it deserves a remake. I'm hoping for a return of the secret bases myself.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

id lose respect for the anime if they Dont get crap past the Radar. but id lose respect if they turn the anime to that BW2 trailer style and have the anime like Naruto or in a high school setting.ugh.

Blog Entries

Anime: They did a major genre shift like make it a high-school setting or something like that. Or if they stopped making innuendos/parental bonuses.

Game: They did something like turn it into an MMORPG or an RTS or something asinine.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

If they ever do another "Part 2" to the game like the did with B&W-B&W2.

Or if they ever tried to recon past story-lines to make it more "PC"

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

I have alreay lost all respect for the anime deparment never watching that again.

They may be money grabbers like most companys but they have still made great games so im grateful to them for that, the only way i will lose repect for them is they continue milking out new pokemon gens for the next decade... it could tarnish all my nice pokemon memories

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast