Lost Respect For Pokemon - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Lost Respect For Pokemon

  1. #31
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    Some of the things in VGC are ridiculous right now. For example, Phione being banned.
    Robo-Floatzel and Green Zubat like this.
    PM me and I'll rate your team.

  2. #32
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    I would lose respect for it completely if they went even more commercial. What do I mean? I would hate if they forced you to pay (real)money for just about every upgrade like having to pay cash to get more boxes in pc, having to pay cash if you want to get some tms.(Again I am talking about real-world money), having to pay cash to get even semi-rare Pokemon, having to pay cash to unlock post-game story.

    Although, they are unlikely to introduce a feature as bad as the one I am talking about, I have observed irritating games on Android which force you to shell out just to get another dumb feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  3. #33
    ♥ Grand Riser ♥ Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Battle Maison
    Posts
    7,020
    Blog Entries
    102

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    I would lose respect for it completely if they went even more commercial. What do I mean? I would hate if they forced you to pay (real)money for just about every upgrade like having to pay cash to get more boxes in pc, having to pay cash if you want to get some tms.(Again I am talking about real-world money), having to pay cash to get even semi-rare Pokemon, having to pay cash to unlock post-game story.

    Although, they are unlikely to introduce a feature as bad as the one I am talking about, I have observed irritating games on Android which force you to shell out just to get another dumb feature.
    ^ This.

    My hubby's playing a Facebook game and you can only get the really good stuff if you pay for it. If Pokemon went that route, I would lose a lot of respect for the franchise. I'm not saying I'd quit playing, but I wouldn't be so happy about it. (Think about it: You can only get an event Pokemon via Nintendo Wi-Fi if you shell out real money for it. Not awesome.)

    Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

  4. #34
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    21,991
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    If they made you pay for Pokemon events or something, yeah I think that might be ridiculous and I might stop playing since that kind of thing has been free. I very much enjoy being able to download a Pokemon at my house and only be required to buy the actual video game ir if they made you pay to use the Dream World or something, that would be too much and I think it would lose a lot of appeal for fans.

  5. #35
    aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Owatonna, Minnesota
    Posts
    432
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    If they made all the new Pokemon have cries like Jynx's or Kricketune's (sure you could turn off the volume but then you'd miss out on the awesome background music, but if there was no awesome background music to begin with then that's strike two) This won't make me lose respect completely, though, it'll just make me play the game less often.

    Oh yeah and I forgot to mention: I agree with everyone else about the dating and paying money for everything. lol
    Last edited by Vanillish Twilight; 2nd December 2012 at 04:22 AM.

  6. #36
    Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gujarat,india
    Posts
    1,746
    Blog Entries
    33

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    I would lose respect for it completely if they went even more commercial. What do I mean? I would hate if they forced you to pay (real)money for just about every upgrade like having to pay cash to get more boxes in pc, having to pay cash if you want to get some tms.(Again I am talking about real-world money), having to pay cash to get even semi-rare Pokemon, having to pay cash to unlock post-game story.

    Although, they are unlikely to introduce a feature as bad as the one I am talking about, I have observed irritating games on Android which force you to shell out just to get another dumb feature.
    ^ This.

    My hubby's playing a Facebook game and you can only get the really good stuff if you pay for it. If Pokemon went that route, I would lose a lot of respect for the franchise. I'm not saying I'd quit playing, but I wouldn't be so happy about it. (Think about it: You can only get an event Pokemon via Nintendo Wi-Fi if you shell out real money for it. Not awesome.)
    True, but fortunately, these event mons are limited to a few species. However, if they made something like, pay cash to unlock the next gym-leader, I would seriously stop playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

  7. #37
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,088
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    If they made Pokemon into a first person shooter.

  8. #38
    Ѵαηqμίşℎℯr ℴƒ ℳℴrℸαℓş Black Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shearpoint
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    If the made it a reality show....It could happen!!


    ~~ℱℴrღαℓℓϒ ℸℎℯ ℸωίℓίℊℎℸ ķηίℊℎℸ~~

  9. #39
    Bouncy IceShadow1199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Route 34
    Posts
    81

    Visit IceShadow1199's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    I would lose respect for Pokemon if they made a first person shooter.

    Or if Fire-types were the most common in wild.
    I love Ice and Ghost pokemon! :P Feels cold and scary....

  10. #40
    Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sinnoh Region
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    2
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    If they decided to make the games and manga more like the anime in tone and style (or worse, put them in the same continuity), I would most likely be driven out of the franchise completely.
    Chika likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

    CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

  11. #41
    I'm gone.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gone.
    Posts
    1,318
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    If they removed battling and replaced it with musicals. *Shivers...

  12. #42
    Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4,192
    Blog Entries
    173

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    If they made Pokemon into a first person shooter.
    Well, Pokemon Snap qualifies as a first person "shooter"...

    Of course, I am bring literal, so don't take this seriously. I know what you meant.

    Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

    Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

  13. #43
    Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, US
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    If they decided to make the games and manga more like the anime in tone and style (or worse, put them in the same continuity), I would most likely be driven out of the franchise completely.
    For me, it's the opposite; making the series more like the manga would be bad...with the exception of the Electric Tale of Pikachu series. In that case my respect for Nintendo would increase tenfold.

  14. #44
    Charizard fur MegaCharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ca,USA
    Posts
    307
    Blog Entries
    27
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    If they made Pokemon into a first person shooter.
    Well, Pokemon Snap qualifies as a first person "shooter"...

    Of course, I am bring literal, so don't take this seriously. I know what you meant.

    Thanks for reading.
    I don't know how times that I hear that people would not like a FPS in Pokemon until they see that there actually are a few FPS Pokemon games but I don't see a decrease in the fandom numbers yet...Hmmm, I wonder why?


  15. #45
    Pokefanatic PEDRO12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Da Pogiemanz World
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Lost Respect For Pokemon

    I've already lost a tad of respect for the anime, for taking Brock off. He was as much a main character to me as Ash was and making him leave was so disappointing. Plus, Iris sucks, so there :/

    Of course, this doesn't mean I've lost all my respect for them, Pokemon is still my number one franchise EVER! Trolol

    Hello peeps :D Click that ^^ xD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •