Loose Ends in the Games - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loose Ends in the Games

The master of lulz █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Loose Ends in the Games

Quote Originally Posted by Argorocky View Post
    Hey probably got one, then sealed everything back up along the way just to be a dick.
    He didn't even help you beat TR. He is a dick.
    Thanks to Blazaking Ex for making this!

vas Bulbagarden Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄ View Post
    He didn't even help you beat TR. He is a dick.
    It took you this long to figure that out?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's one. In the TR Base, a rocket member mentions how at a different heist, Silver came in and totally destroyed them. Since the only heist before that was the Slowpoke well, what was this other heist that was going on?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Here's one. In the TR Base, a rocket member mentions how at a different heist, Silver came in and totally destroyed them. Since the only heist before that was the Slowpoke well, what was this other heist that was going on?
    Again, I don't see how that's a loose end in Team Rocket's plot. We know that as an organization, they probably have a lot of other operations, so Silver would have foiled one of those. Its not like you were actively searching for Team Rocket, you were more or less thrown into the action in your first two encounters. It's only in Goldenrod that the player character actually seemed like he chose to fight Team Rocket on his own. He wasn't asked by Kurt like in Slowpoke well or Lance in Mahogany. Sure Elm practically notified you about it but he didn't go "Save Goldenrod okay?"

The slowpoke well was a small operation, so this was probably another small one as well.

This one I don't think is really a loose end either, but a PC in the Unown Research building in the Ruins of Alph mentions a Professor Silkweed as the founder of the research centre. Perhaps foreshadowing the fifth generation's professor and their specialty?

Also before anyone mentions this, the foreigner Rocket at Cerulean isn't really a loose end. Sure he says he'd bring back Team Rocket in his home country, but the way he's portrayed, it just makes it seem like big talk from an unimportant character.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 7th May 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    This one I don't think is really a loose end either, but a PC in the Unown Research building in the Ruins of Alph mentions a Professor Silkweed as the founder of the research centre. Perhaps foreshadowing the fifth generation's professor and their specialty?
    This leads to a bigger loose thread though (and I'm sure UL is gonna jump on this the second I post it): the mystery of the Unown.

They're technically legendary Pokemon reveried by an ancient civilization and live in ruins all around Poke-Japan (with the exception of Hoenn, but that very well could change in Gen V). Not only that, but they have some connection to Arceus (as evidenced by the Sinjoh event) and their worshippers have a connection with the people of Sinnoh which hasn't been explored in detail yet.

Lastly, the opening scenes of both Crystal and HGSS hint at a relationship between one or all of the legendary beasts. What could this relationship be, if any?

The Unown are probably the most mysterious creatures in the Pokemon world right now and for over three generations, GF has deliberately refused to tell us much about them.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    This leads to a bigger loose thread though (and I'm sure UL is gonna jump on this the second I post it): the mystery of the Unown.

They're technically legendary Pokemon reveried by an ancient civilization and live in ruins all around Poke-Japan (with the exception of Hoenn, but that very well could change in Gen V). Not only that, but they have some connection to Arceus (as evidenced by the Sinjoh event) and their worshippers have a connection with the people of Sinnoh which hasn't been explored in detail yet.

Lastly, the opening scenes of both Crystal and HGSS hint at a relationship between one or all of the legendary beasts. What could this relationship be, if any?

The Unown are probably the most mysterious creatures in the Pokemon world right now and for over three generations, GF has deliberately refused to tell us much about them.
    I didn't really want to touch on that as I thought the revelation of the Gen V professor being an Unown expert would shed light on their mysteries.

Their worshipers also didn't just have a connection with the people of Sinnoh, they had worshipers in Sinnoh, particularly, Solaceon. There's also the connection in the Tanoby ruins and possibly that last cryptic message that appears in the Ruins of Alph after catching 26 Unown. The passage in particular says this:

Page 8

The characters found scratched on the floor in the small room are transcribed here in this report. OUR FRIENDS LOOK UP AND HEARTILY CONGRATULATE US We don't know what this could possibly mean yet.

The Researchers were saying they'll need to examine the ruins again, but...?
    They leave that part of the Unown Report open ended. But what? This is what makes me think that Gen V is actually set in the future beyond the current timeline. Not so far past in the future, but the events are not contemporary with any other games. As for remakes, they'd probably be like Colo/XD and be like "fuck continuity" and hope the fandom finally understands the concept of game play and story segregation when it comes to trading.

Also:

Last edited by The Outrage; 7th May 2010 at 12:37 AM.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Eh, that's a slight leap, since Absol also fits that.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

I thinks Reds situation is odd

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Eh, that's a slight leap, since Absol also fits that.
    It was an epileptic tree not meant to be taken seriously.

EDIT: Also I think the professor is Professor Silktree not weed. Gotta check on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post

Well duh! They are called unown after all!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Um...
    "If you stand for justice, you betray evil!"
    "How can you not see the beauty of our evil?"

These guys are as much villains as spilled milk.
    i'm just used to the anime version i guess since i don't play Kanto that much and haven't done Jhoto in a decade.

The plates had no real power in the game other than to allow for Celio's network to function properly and Gideon states specifically that it was just about the money.

Also, the original GS mentioned what I said in the end. They're whole purpose was to bring Giovanni back.

Also note: The Slowpoke tails do grow back, but I'm sure they'd starve before it grew back to its original length.
    Yesterday 04:01 PM

well i don't know much about the plates only what i've read about them.

and remember i said i haven't played in Jhoto since Gen2.

and how can slowpoke starve without their tails? are they some kind of food reserve or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Slowpoke fish for their food,hence starving. Though I doubt that happened once they came back to Azalea town since their citizens treat their slowpoke right.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

What about Leaf? Does she even exist? She not even mentioned in HGSS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poké-Ranger Mike View Post
    What about Leaf? Does she even exist? She not even mentioned in HGSS.
    Considering that Red's redesign looks exactly like Leaf with short hair and no breasts, its a possibility that she is literally a female counterpart, as in Red in an alternate universe where he's a she.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Warning: very long post ahead

Speaking of loose ends, yesterday I was playing LeafGreen and I went to see if the tunelling dude on Kin Island had finally broken through to the patch of grass with Dunsparce on it, and he had. I spoke to him and, after giving me a Nugget he said "I don't have any Nuggets of Wisdom, so I guess that'll have to do!"

I then remembered that exact same phrase was uttered by a man in HGSS. When you go through Diglett's Cave and come out at the Pewter City entrance that first house you come to has an identical man who says that and gives you Nuggets. I also recall the dude on Kin Island saying [before breaking through] that after he was done prospecting in the cave he'd "buy a house in Kanto".

So clearly, the dude from the island cave [after striking rich] bought that house just outside Diglett's cave from the previous residents. But what happened to them and why include a Sevii Islands character in the remakes but no other?

Considering that Red's redesign looks exactly like Leaf with short hair and no breasts, its a possibility that she is literally a female counterpart, as in Red in an alternate universe where he's a she.
    Nah, I dont buy that. Or at least, I dont want to, I liked leaf too much. I know there are two official [I think] of Leaf, travelling through the snow with pokemon and in warmer clothing, like the new Dawn & Lucas from Platinum. For this reason I like to think she's travelling in/to Sinnoh, Sinjoh ruins or whatever region Glacia's from.

Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    I heard a rather disconcerting theory somewhere on the internets once: After winning the pokémon league, Red became obsessed with winning even more, so he went to train on Mt. Silver. Here, he and his pokémon died somehow (fallen into a chasm/ froze to death/ eaten by wild pokémon/ something else), and his obsessed ghost still haunts Mt. Silver, until he is beaten and can "move on" that is. Hence why he doesn't say a word, disappears without a trace after he's beaten, and why no one in Pallet has heard from him in months. Personally, I don't buy this theory, but find it interesting enough to share.
    Although its very chilling I like this theory a lot [in the sense that I support it]. It explains why Red never says anything (even though the NPCs who interact with the game protagonists always act like the protagonist talks back to them], why he teleports out in front of them [which isn't really consistent with whiting out since the main character runs to the pokémon centre, not teleports] and why no one (not even his mum) has heard from him in months and why he's always there to battle, same as before: because his spirit is bound to Mt. Silver. I dont think he moves on when you beat him though, otherwise he'd stop appearing.

On the topic of Red, I have a theory I just came up with:

After many months, since the beginning of FrLg, Leaf has beaten the E4 + Gary/blue [shortly after Red] and attained the johto badges. Unless she's more like Manga Leaf in which case she comes from johto, gets their badges, beats E4 and then gets Kanto badges. Oak then grants her access to Mt Silver. When she reaches the top she finds Red, a determined but friendly rival, who challenges her. An epic battle ensues and it looks to be a draw but Leaf manages to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Red, shocked, becomes enbittered by this loss and become obsessed with training severs all contact with the outside world and dies in one of the ways mentioned. Alternatively, the hermitage & obsession with training begins before Leaf meets him at Mt. Silver & during or after the fight loses his footing and slips into the abyss with all his pokémon, afterwhich leaf flees the land, never to return.

But thats just my take on things.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast