Loose Ends in the Games

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loose Ends in the Games

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

Default Loose Ends in the Games

Unown Lord and I always seem to do this at some point or another....

In the GAMES, what plots have yet to be answered or resolved, and how, if at all, do you think they will be?

Let's start with Agatha! She is only mentioned in HGSS by a picture in Kurt's house, which I think is a reference to Special, more than anything (a universe in which Oak, Agatha, Pryce, Kurt, and Ethan/Lyra's grandparents are all friends). What happened to her? Did she die? Retire? I'm 100% surprised she wasn't in Celestic Town, which, if I recall correctly, is a community for retired trainers.

"You see three people, with landscape
    in the background. It’s Kurt, Professor Oak, and...
    in the middle, a lady with determined eyes."

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Loose Ends in the Games

Probably retired. She is quite old afterall. But then so is Bertha...

EDIT: Maybe Agatha changd her name and moved to Sinnoh, changed her type preference and became a member of E4. Just saying.

About Bertha - is the only evidence that she is related to Agatha coming from the fact that they have very similar Japanese names and look _somewhat_ similar?

I think that's all there is too it. However, Bertha looks like a nice lady, Agatha looks like a bitch who's long since deserved to die.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Celestic isn't a town for retired trainers. Where did you get that from?

Anyway, something I want to see brought up again is what the hell happened to Cyrus. In both timelines he ends up swearing to still succeed, and you basically let him get away with everything. In DP he just walks off, and in Pt, *you* walk off. Sure he's in the Distortion World then, but if you can leave that easily, surely he could. And that you can't go back to the same place...could he have already altered things? Could his mad ravings have been *possible*?

It's not exactly a loose end, but more of a loose middle. Why is the Ranger Union in Almia so cool about the Go-Rock Quads having a concert there? Didn't they get word from Fiore what that band used to be involved in? I bet there'd be an interesting story there. And maybe why Murph isn't a ranger any more and where his Slowpoke went.

Maybe Agatha died. D: She is an old lady, after all.

And QRF, Keegman. Except for Bertha's damn ground types. If I had a penny for every time she owned me with that darn Earthquake...

Speaking of loose ends, what about Cyrus? D: -ducks from rocks and tomatoes- His threatening last words in Platinum makes me want to say GF isn't done with him yet. Will he ever achieve his goal? Does he end up trapped in the Torn World forever? Or can he come and go as he pleases like the player? I'd so love to see that guy again, alone. No need for Team Galactic, Cyrus is a threat all his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder
    Anyway, something I want to see brought up again is what the hell happened to Cyrus. In both timelines he ends up swearing to still succeed, and you basically let him get away with everything. In DP he just walks off, and in Pt, *you* walk off. Sure he's in the Distortion World then, but if you can leave that easily, surely he could. And that you can't go back to the same place...could he have already altered things? Could his mad ravings have been *possible*?
    I never considered that Cyrus had already begun his plans from inside the Torn World. Dear god, that's why it's different, he's already started his plan! D8 -has the player in her Platinum game hide in his bed-

But why would he leave the Griseous Orb there for you to find? Or did he not know it was there?
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 5th May 2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: and also
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

He might not have known. He doesn't seem to know about the other orbs save for in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Celestic isn't a town for retired trainers. Where did you get that from?

It's not exactly a loose end, but more of a loose middle. Why is the Ranger Union in Almia so cool about the Go-Rock Quads having a concert there? Didn't they get word from Fiore what that band used to be involved in? I bet there'd be an interesting story there. And maybe why Murph isn't a ranger any more and where his Slowpoke went.
    I don't know WHY I thought that.... Sorry. Cyrus... I'd love to see him as a secondary villain in Black/White. I'm sure his goal is POSSIBLE... interesting indeed.

What's the timespan between Ranger games? I don't follow any of them, so perhaps enough time has passed where people forgot or have realized they've turned over a new leaf?

Blog Entries

You might have thought that because Cynthia's grandmother has a line about if she was younger, she'd attack the grunts herself. But...really her line doesn't make any sense given that she's probably around Pryce's age.

I think between Fiore and Almia it was three years, but I'm not entirely sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
    About Bertha - is the only evidence that she is related to Agatha coming from the fact that they have very similar Japanese names and look _somewhat_ similar?
    Norman and May's Japanese names both refer to being from far away, thematic naming is a pretty good way to judge relations.

I doubt Agatha retired considering her attitude towards Oak becoming soft. The league would have had to force retirement on her.

So for Agatha, we have loose ends on her whereabouts and her relation to Bertha. Lorelei disappears without much of a trace either but I assumed she retired and decided to protect her home on Floe Island ever since Team Rocket were spotted there.

Also the city for retired trainers is Lavaridge. I think they actually reference Agatha there.

If I recall, Norman was also fro Johto, so while not really a loose end, I'd like to know if he moved to Hoenn because he lost a gym leader position to Whitney. I always thought Whitney was chosen over Norman in Goldenrod due to her being an idol of some sort. I mean really, crying because you lost -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    Maybe Agatha died. D: She is an old lady, after all.

Also, did the Kanto Elite 4 even have a champion when Blue became champion? Lance's lines to Red made it seem like if he had been earlier and beat Lance that he would have become the champion. Kanto trainers are said to be quite powerful so it doesn't surprise me if no one had beaten the Elie 4 in awhile and the champion retired.

I also assumed that Red never took his post as champion because the Elite 4 was reformed with new members so technically he didn't beat those members and just decided against it giving Lance the opportunity to take the seat.
    She'd been retcon'd to look younger and she's probably around the same age as Oak who doesn't seem to be suffering from old age except for his senility.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 5th May 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    It's not exactly a loose end, but more of a loose middle. Why is the Ranger Union in Almia so cool about the Go-Rock Quads having a concert there? Didn't they get word from Fiore what that band used to be involved in?
    Of course they did - even regular citizens know. They just put the past behind them, I guess. Just like the 'Quads did.

The Go-Rock Quads are good guys now, and therefore being treated as such.
    (And think of the horrible consequences if the Ranger Union had... done something...)

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Because of the vagueness of the event, Giovanni for sure. Is he still alive or did he wander off again?

Also, why is Red on Mt. Silver?

What happened to Agatha or the Rocket Executives?

Where did Will and Karen come from?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Poké-Ranger Mike View Post
    Probably retired. She is quite old afterall. But then so is Bertha...

EDIT: Maybe Agatha changd her name and moved to Sinnoh, changed her type preference and became a member of E4. Just saying.
    That was my theory but I decided that it was more likely that Agatha and Bertha are sisters or something.

I think Agatha probably just went some where else, where exactly, I don't know. But hey, nobody asks why Blue over the duration of the G/R/B/Y games slowly changed his look but in G/S/C he looks exactly the same as he did at the begining of G/R/B/Y.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    I heard a rather disconcerting theory somewhere on the internets once: After winning the pokémon league, Red became obsessed with winning even more, so he went to train on Mt. Silver. Here, he and his pokémon died somehow (fallen into a chasm/ froze to death/ eaten by wild pokémon/ something else), and his obsessed ghost still haunts Mt. Silver, until he is beaten and can "move on" that is. Hence why he doesn't say a word, disappears without a trace after he's beaten, and why no one in Pallet has heard from him in months. Personally, I don't buy this theory, but find it interesting enough to share.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Because of the vagueness of the event, Giovanni for sure. Is he still alive or did he wander off again?

Red was probably up there to train. I didn't know why he cut off contact though. Maybe Game freak thought that would make him look cool, but really, his fate is just sad.
    What happened to Agatha or the Rocket Executives?

Where did Will and Karen come from?
    Will and Karen aren't really plot holes or loose ends. Where did all the other members of the Elite 4 members of every other league come from? It can be assumed that, like the members before them, they wer exceptionally powerful trainers who were given the offer once a position opened up.

A real loose end would be why Blue isn't a member. I can only guess that being that close to the championship title yet not having it and instead being Elite 4 is just depressing. Besides, I think he mentions that he meets more trainers this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    I heard a rather disconcerting theory somewhere on the internets once: After winning the pokémon league, Red became obsessed with winning even more, so he went to train on Mt. Silver. Here, he and his pokémon died somehow (fallen into a chasm/ froze to death/ eaten by wild pokémon/ something else), and his obsessed ghost still haunts Mt. Silver, until he is beaten and can "move on" that is. Hence why he doesn't say a word, disappears without a trace after he's beaten, and why no one in Pallet has heard from him in months. Personally, I don't buy this theory, but find it interesting enough to share.
    While we're planting epileptic trees, Agatha is in the witness protection program.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast