Live-Action American Pokemon Movie idea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Live-Action American Pokemon Movie idea

Blog Entries

Default Live-Action American Pokemon Movie idea

I had this idea for a LONG time and I've shared it once. But now I'm sharing it again for a newer forum generation. Plus, I have dreams of becoming a film director, and this is one of the films.

I had an idea for an American live-action Pokemon movie. I will tell you now.

The Pokemon are back in the first live action American-made blockbuster film based off the video games, trading cards, and anime. The plot revolves around a young boy named Ash Ketchum(played by Logan Lerman) who gets his own Pokemon named Pikachu and they meet Misty(Victoria Justice) and Brock(David Del Rio) and they discover that an evil Pokemon named Mewtwo is turning Pokemon against their trainers and humanity using dark energy and is building his own army to rule the world. So, they enlist the help of Mew. Now, it's up to Mew, Ash Misty Brock Pikachu and Misty and Brocks Pokemon to stop Mewtwos plot. It has CGI Pokemon.

==Cast==
    Logan Lerman as Ash
    Victoria Justice as Misty
    David Del Rio as Brock
    Liam Neeson voices Mew
    Charlie Adler voices Mewtwo
    Rachel Lillis(the original voice of Pikachu) voices Pikachu

==Plot==
    The movie begins with scientists at a Pokemon research lab trying to clone a new Pokemon using Mew's DNA, but it goes arwry and creates a Pokemon named Mewtwo, realizes he was nothing but an experiment. Mewtwo turns evil and lays waste to the lab, and busts out of the building(not without blowing it up first). Then he escapes to build a new army. Mewtwo then discovers a Dark stone that can corrupt Pokemon and make people do their bidding. He steals it and harnesses its power. Meanwhile a boy named Ash Ketchum, who lives in the city of Pallet Town, a town near San Francisco, who is about to get his first Pokemon for his birthday. He gets a Pokemon named Pikachu. At first, Pikachu doesn't like Ash, but then after a little bit, Ash grows on Pikachu and they become best friends.

They decide to set out to become the greatest Pokemon trainer ever. They manage to catch a Pidgey. They get attacked by wild Pokemon, but are saved by Brock and, Misty, 2 gym leaders. They have a Blastoise, an Onix, a Staryu and a Geodude. They become impressed by Ash's style, so they tag along on his adventure. When Ash, Misty, Brock, and their Pokemon get to Saffron City, they notice something weird. The Pokemon have been acting strange. They suspect something is going on and go to find clues. They go to a brilliant scientist The scientist's name named Lance, and the gang asks him what's going on. He says he's been researching a prophecy predicted by the Mayans that the end of mankind will one day come in the form of an evil Pokemon named Mewtwo is corrupting Pokemon with a Dark Stone and turning them against humanity to take over the world.

The Prophecy also says that there is a good and incredibly wise Pokemon just as powerful as Mewtwo named Mew, the Pokemon whose DNA was used to create Mewtwo. They set out to find Mew. They don't know Mewtwo, who was watching his work, spots the gang trying to find Mew. Mewtwo decides he must not allow them to find Mew. He attacks the gang, but they are saved by Mew. A battle ensues and Mew fends off Mewtwo.

After a talk with Ash, Misty, Brock, and the gang, Mew agrees to help and uses his telepathy to see in the future. This helps him inform the gang that Mewtwo is getting ready to lead an invasion on San Fransisco. Mewtwo arrives in San Francisco when he and his army march across the Golden Gate Bridge and launches a full-scale assult on the city. The military arrive to try to fight the mind-controlled Pokemon, but the military are eventually overwhelmed by the marauding creatures. Mew, Ash, Misty, Brock, Pikachu and the rest of the gang are arrive in the city when Mew teleports them there, but they are attacked by Zapdos and Raichu.

Pikachu battles Raichu on the ground, and Mew battles Zapdos in the sky, but then the 2 Pokemon crash onto the Los Angeles freeway and continue their fight there, destroying property in the process. Mew then defeats Zapdos and Pikachu defeats Raichu.

Then the gang arrive in the city. it's a massive all out brawl in the city of San Fransisco, as Ash's Misty and Brock's other Pokemon, Onix, Blastoise and they battle the corrupted Pokemon while Mew battles Mewtwo and Onix battles a corrupted Gyrados. (The battles goes on with Pokemon beating each other up and fighting, smashing parts of the city in process. It also contains explosions and cars getting destroyed and flung around and buildings getting damaged in the battle).

Pikachu and Geodude fight a bunch of Pokemon under Mewtwo's influence again and Mewtwo and Mew continue their battle, but when it seems like Mewtwo is about to gain the upper hand, Pikachu arrives to help and Mewtwo is killed when Mew, Pikachu and Charizard unleash their elemental powers on him. Then all the Pokemon are free from Mewtwo's control. Mew then vows that he and his new friends will defend humanity from any threat that comes by. And the credits roll.

The Pokemon in this film need to be CGI and the building and destruction effects(except the cars) need to be CGI too. It also needs to stay true to the elements to the video games and the anime. The movie should also be in Real D 3D and Imax 3D, so the movie needs the best 3-D it can get. It should be a PG-13 movie.

So, what do you think of it? Could it become the next Transformers and a box-office behemoth? Or would it not be a good idea?

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: Live-Action American Pokemon Movie idea

I must say upfront that I have yet to see an American live-action adaptation of an eastern made or inspired cartoon that hasn't been terrible. For starters, the cast has been whitewashed, which could prove to be a very unpopular choice with fans.
    To me, Pokemon is too whimsical and quirky to subscribe to Hollywood blockbuster production values and melodrama. By doing that, I think most of what gives the franchise its charm would be lost in the process.
    Owain likes this.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I would fear that the charm and character would be lost, yes, and I have never really much liked the idea of a live-action adaptation of many traditionally drawn/animated franchises anyway. I wouldn't have chosen that cast, either.

But at the same time, I do think an adaptation could be pulled off, if they made it more mature and made Pokémon themselves less cutesy and more realistic or monstrous (much like some awesome art I have seen floating around online). In that situation, I actually think your plot's progression could work well. I've always been curious to see a more grown up, fearsome adaptation of Pokémon, but the disappointment and backlash would be huge from quite a number of fans, I think, and to even pull it off would take a lot of talent and experience, let alone to justify the adaptation and resulting increase of the age rating that would probably ensue. Overall, I don't think Pokémon is something Hollywood should touch with a bargepole because I can't think of one director around right now I'd trust to implement it while carrying through the charm.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you could check out this video, as it's an example of a fan-made live-action trailer:

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    I must say upfront that I have yet to see an American live-action adaptation of an eastern made or inspired cartoon that hasn't been terrible. For starters, the cast has been whitewashed, which could prove to be a very unpopular choice with fans.
    To me, Pokemon is too whimsical and quirky to subscribe to Hollywood blockbuster production values and melodrama. By doing that, I think most of what gives the franchise its charm would be lost in the process.
    Wow. That's very touching.

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Perhaps you could check out this video, as it's an example of a fan-made live-action trailer:

Thanks for reading.
    I heard of that.
    Last edited by winstein; 4th October 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Honestly if they made a movie like what was in that trailer, I would not want to see it. It dosen't look good at all. I honestly don't believe Pokemon should even be live action. While it's a cool cancept, trying to make the show more mature could be it's downfall. I feel Pokemon and the anime/movies are fine the way they are, it might not be the best thing ever, but it's fine for what it is, a show for kids. It dosen't have to look realistic and be live action. Just my take on it.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Honestly if they made a movie like what was in that trailer, I would not want to see it. It dosen't look good at all. I honestly don't believe Pokemon should even be live action. While it's a cool cancept, trying to make the show more mature could be it's downfall. I feel Pokemon and the anime/movies are fine the way they are, it might not be the best thing ever, but it's fine for what it is, a show for kids. It dosen't have to look realistic and be live action. Just my take on it.
    I can see your point.

I stopped at "Rachel Lillis(the original voice of Pikachu)". :| You're kidding, right? Ikue Ohtani would like a word with you.
    97SaturnSL1 and Owain like this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

If there were ever going to be a live-action Pokémon movie, it should be based directly on the games, not the anime. And to be further specific, the games that would work best on film would probably be Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. As much as I'd love to see Red on the big screen, his quest just wouldn't translate very well without some heavy omissions and rewrites (namely dropping the majority of the gym badge quest—if not the whole thing—and Elite Four to fit a 150-minute limit). That kind of thing might work for Mario*, which has no continuity anyhow, but the constant mangling of Pokémon canon in existing adaptations just makes me want to puke.

And live-action Pokémon shouldn't say their names. They should make sounds appropriate to whatever they're based on.

*Yes, I like the Super Mario Bros. movie. So sue me.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

Honestly, as much as I like higher octane, grittier Pokémon, I'm not really sold on this idea.

And I second Glitchipedia, the Orre games would be the best fit for dark live-action.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Live-action doesn't fit Pokémon.

And, even if there was a movie, how would it sell? I have a feeling the box office results will be...um...horrible.

So, I don't agree on a live-action movie. Unless it has Robin Williams.

Crappy CGI would be involved, sadly.

Add Chiss on Facebook

It wouldn't work.
    If they had your actors as the characters it would seem too old. It just wouldn't fit and kid's couldn't identify.
    If they casted actual ten year olds they would seem just too young. It would be almost comical.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Live-Action American Pokemon Movie idea

It would probably be awful.

People I could imagine for the Celebrity Edition:

Lady Gaga as Elesa (duh)
    Queen Latifah as Lenora
    William Zabka as Lt. Surge (for those who don't know him, he was the bad guy in both The Karate Kid and Just One of the Guys)
    Sophie Marceau as Fantina (Marceau is a French actress)
    Katie Holmes as Shauntal
    50 Cent as Marshal
    Shakira as Karen
    Robert Downey Jr. as Byron
    Robert Pattinson as Grimsley (scary, but funny)
    Emma Watson as Caitlin
    Alyson Hannigan as Flannery
    Morgan Freeman as Alder (boy this would be good - Morgan Freeman would be great as anyone)
    Nicole Scherzinger as Phoebe
    Miley Cyrus as Whitney
    Willow Smith as Iris
    Justin Bieber as Cilan
    Rupert Grint as Chili (or maybe Cress)
    Tina Fey as Lorelei
    Joan Rivers as Agatha

Which one is the biggest LOL?
    Toutebelle likes this.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    She wear burqa for fashion
    - Lady Gaga

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Tina Fey as Lorelei would prob be the biggest, since I think if Alder sounded like Morgan Freeman it'd be too awesome to comprehend

whoever suggested it follow the games, I agree. Have the whole first Red/Blue/Yellow thing,then a new kid in Gold and end it there
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

Would rather have a live-action MD movie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast