Legendary Pokemon when captured

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon when captured

my sweet lord... Swampert tamer's Avatar

Question Legendary Pokemon when captured

I don't know if this as already been discussed somewhere in the forum, but I will tell you theory about the legendary pokemon anyway.

In my opinion the legendary pokemon can be captured by any trainer they recognize as being pure-hearted or brave enough. If a legendary challenges a Human and if the human captures it it will stay with him, but not forever.

Since most legendaries are important for the balance of nature, etc. i guess that they only stay with the trainer during a few aumont of time, even if they get captured with the master ball they will escape with their mythical powers, looking for more pure-hearted humans or guarding the planet.

This makes more sence with the legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei, Suicune) since thay are always roaming the land and can't stand to be in the same place for a big aumont of time. Besides, if they are observing the human behaviour (according to the Ho-Oh legend) they should go throw the planet looking for more pure-hearted humans, rather than staying with their human partner until the end like regular pokemon.

Please discuss... :)

Well, since most Legendaries are immortal, they could stay with a Trainer until they died and then leave back to do Legendary things. I only count a very select group of legendaries as intellectual, with all others being elusive animals.

Smarties:
    Mew
    Da Legendary Beasts
    Darkrai
    Arceus
    Manaphy
    Mewtwo
    Lugia, sometimes
    Lati@s

All others are just really powerful Pokemon, who happen to be immortal.

Ho-Oh, however, I have no idea where to place. It just seems to fly around, but it did create the Da Beasts. So, maybe it's just "immune" to capture.

Hmm...
    I find it hard that a legendary pokemon (specialy an intelligent one) staying with its trainer until his/her death. It's just too much time and the fact that they don't stay with their trainer for, let's say, more than a year or two makes them even more elusive.
    Besides in the movies all legendaries that appear supposly are in their wild state, although there are some exceptions in the anime (such as Silver and Articuno).
    If a legendary stays with a trainer then it will pass its "experience" as a legendary pokemon to its trainer and ten it will wait for its next partner in another location (Which could also be a reason for Ho-Oh and Lugia have changed locations between generations, among others)

I guess that is a logn while. I could see some of the smarter and more powerful legendaries breaking away from their PokeBalls, but things like Da Birds, which have been shown , like, five different ones at least, could act as regular Pokemon. and the Regis, acording to PokeSpe and the cartoon, are just "regular" Pokemon.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can buy Brandon being "worthy", but what about movies 2 and 4?

In the second movie the villian tried to capture Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, not with pokeballs but with some kind of magnetic devices. What happened then? If I recall correctly the balance of nature became messed up and when the birds got free they were so enraged that they started fighting against each other. This only happened because they were caught illegitimately and a lot of ordinary pokes around the world were also enraged (tons of pokemon appeared, trying to reach the battle scene, etc...).

In the fourth movie Celebi was caught by an "unworthy" trainer and what happened? Although he was, in fact, able to control celebi for a while it made all pokemon in that forest became furious and they tryed to attack that trainer. Also, Celebi almost died, which would have contamined the forest forever...

With this we can conclude that if a legendary pokemon feels that their partner is using them as tools with ambicious plans in mind then that will enrage it creating some sort of natural disasters or other negative effects to the trainer or to the planet...

(I don't consider Celebi a legendary at all, because it isn't one-of-a-kind - in the movie you see that - and specilly because it doesn't have any legend at all surrounding it unlike Lugia or Ho-Oh or even the Winged Mirages...
    Celebi is just a ultra-rare pokemon that is considered a mith or elusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert_tamer View Post
    (I don't consider Celebi a legendary at all, because it isn't one-of-a-kind - in the movie you see that - and specilly because it doesn't have any legend at all surrounding it unlike Lugia or Ho-Oh or even the Winged Mirages...
    Celebi is just a ultra-rare pokemon that is considered a mith or elusion...
    Those other Celebis are from different times. There all the same one.
    And Lugia has a child, in the anime.
    Pokemon Snap has the Da Birds hatch from eggs.
    There coudl pissibly be up to seven Sucicne, I think, roaming the regions.
    A new Entie appears when a volcano erupts.
    Mulitple specimens does not make a Legendary un-Legendary.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cherrim View Post
    Those other Celebis are from different times. There all the same one.
    And Lugia has a child, in the anime.
    Pokemon Snap has the Da Birds hatch from eggs.
    There coudl pissibly be up to seven Sucicne, I think, roaming the regions.
    A new Entie appears when a volcano erupts.
    Mulitple specimens does not make a Legendary un-Legendary.
    You know, I can't say those were from different times. I mean, think about it this way, If they were from different times, only HALF of them would appear to revive Celebi (Because, The only ones to continue to exist are the Past ones since, If the Present one is dead, then the Future Celebis would also die with it.), so I'd say that there are multiple celebis.

Though you are right, there CAN be multiples of legendaries running around. I mean, even the main Games hints at this, and I'm NOT just talking about Pokedex entries, I'm also referring to stuff like Cresselia, Regigigas, and Heatran being owned by Palmer (Which, if there were only one of the species, would be impossible since there is NO WAY that cresselia can be owned by Palmer AND being at Full Moon Island at the same time, and the same goes for Regigigas (who is currently sealed away, and thus can't come out to be one of his pokemon) and Heatran (since he can only be available after Burt steals the Magma Stone.).).

As well as Brandon somehow OWNING all three regis and winged Legendaries despite their being supposedly one of a Kind and, in the case of the Regis, sealed away. (Again, see Palmer and his team to see how it is simply impossible for legendaries to be one of a kind.). Plus, the fact that the 3 beasts were running around Kanto in the 1st gen remakes DESPITE their supposed to be sleeping at Burnt tower for another 3 years.

Plus, Darkrai is also seen in Almia (I don't know about you guys, but I think that the Mere fact that the only way to get Manaphy [and, by proxy, Phione] is through the Pokemon Ranger Games, and even goes as far as to have them mention the past regions shows that the Ranger Games are indeed main games.).

Colosseum also has Ho-Oh, the three Beasts, and especially Celebi being caught and sent to the main games (and before the release of Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen that was the only way to upload them in the [then] current games [and in Celebi's case, it was also the ONLY way to upload it, period, since it is the ONLY Poke-legendary in the games to NOT be catchable in the 2nd Gen onwards by any means in America.].)

I mean, not counting the 3 Pixies and the Dragons, Shaymin and Arceus since there is that chance that they will appear in Bantonnage [Plus the fact that the latter two are event pokemon that have yet to be distributed], the only pokemon that HASN'T made an appearance as more than one Pokemon in ANY of the games and was shown to be unique is Mewtwo (Pokemon Mystery dungeon doesn't count, and neither does the stadium games.).

Also, I doubt that they are gods, anyways since, If they were gods, they wouldn't be tamed by mere mortals, plus they can be fainted by "Mortal" pokemon, so I don't think they are anywhere close to gods.

I mean, really, Look at the "Pirithous and Persephone" Myth, That myth had to deal with a Mortal trying to capture a god (or in Persephone's case, Goddess) to marry her, and yet he ultimately failed and is now bound to a chair of forgotteness for all eternity. Plus, anyone who goes against the gods back then would be instantly killed and can't even give a god a papercut.

See, that's why I would argue that none of the Legendaries (Not even Arceus) are gods. I don't care what their pokedex entries say, if they are captured or defeated by mortals, they're not gods, plain and simple. Even if it was a temporary capture, they still got captured by mortals and thus can't be called gods.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert_tamer View Post
    If I recall correctly the balance of nature became messed up and when the birds got free they were so enraged that they started fighting against each other. This only happened because they were caught illegitimately and a lot of ordinary pokes around the world were also enraged (tons of pokemon appeared, trying to reach the battle scene, etc...).
    Technically, it was an issue of territory. Zapdos tried to take over Fire Island once Moltres was caught not because it had specifically *been* caught, but because it had been removed from the picture at all. Which makes me wonder what happens to the balance should one of them get sick, without outside influence.

And all the other pokemon didn't fight, they were just there, standing on the ice doing nothing.

In the fourth movie Celebi was caught by an "unworthy" trainer and what happened? Although he was, in fact, able to control celebi for a while it made all pokemon in that forest became furious and they tryed to attack that trainer. Also, Celebi almost died, which would have contamined the forest forever...
    They tried to attack IMM like twice. Once when he first caught Celebi, and another at the very end. They made no attempts to fight him while he was on his rampage, even though he was standing out on the edge of the twig monster all exposed to any possible onslaught.

And the forest didn't seem to have any ill effects from Celebi's condition. No browning trees, no fading colors...it just made the pokemon sad is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    Plus, the fact that the 3 beasts were running around Kanto in the 1st gen remakes DESPITE their supposed to be sleeping at Burnt tower for another 3 years.
    Good point. I though that they were unique but I guess that they aren't.
    I thought that Ho-Oh had created them specifically to watch for the Humans, but if the beasts aren't one-of-a-kind then only the ones in Burned Tower have that duty, while the others are just regular beasts...
    So, only the ones that sleep in Burned Tower in the 2nd generation games are legendary. The other beasts are just ultra rare and powerful pokemon, but not legendary.

Blog Entries

If Ho-Oh can create one set, it could probably create another set quite easily.

And they could all be Legendary. The Legendary Birds from the second movie are supposed to be special examples of their respective species, but that doesn't mean the Indigo Plateau Moltres isn't also Legendary.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    If Ho-Oh can create one set, it could probably create another set quite easily.

And they could all be Legendary. The Legendary Birds from the second movie are supposed to be special examples of their respective species, but that doesn't mean the Indigo Plateau Moltres isn't also Legendary.
    Who said anything about Ho-Oh CREATING the three beasts. If my memory serves correctly, he only resurrected them when the three beasts perished in the destruction of the Brass Tower. It didn't ACTUALLY create them (my definition of creation is that they come into existance when they didn't before, and that definition applies to Mewtwo and the Porygon family (while the Voltorb family and the Magnemite family may be assumed to be created because of some mechanical components in them, they weren't officially stated to have been manmade, not to the same extent that Mewtwo and Porygon's family was.), not even to the same extent that Arceus "created" the 3 Pixies (Though, if they appear anywhere in the next games instead of at their lakes, I'd say that myth was false.).

Though, you are right that they could be legendary. I mean, even in the GAMES, they implied that there were more than one set of legendaries, which I explained in my previous post.

Also, about the forest not suffering while Celebi was captive, it did technically suffer, since that giant dark Celebi mechanoid made a forest lake extremely toxic.

Blog Entries

I'm going to have to separate the worlds here, since they are clearly different. In the games, it is simple: the legends are just like any other pokemon, just more rare. I am unfamiliar with the manga, but somehow I recall legends being captured in it, too. I'll need somebody to elaborate on that for me. In the anime, though, the legends are seen as creatures with powers far beyond that of normal pokemon. I would say for that world at least that only worthy trainers can capture and use the legends, but I would also say that there is perhaps a limit on which legends are capturable. There are quite a number of legends that I would say are too powerful to be caught and trained, and there is also the fact that removing some legends from their place will upset the balance of nature. There are a lot of times that a legend has helped people, though, often battling alongside them even though they are not really their pokemon. The anime is what I believe the most, as trying to explain the game's world is impossible since it's a game.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    I am unfamiliar with the manga, but somehow I recall legends being captured in it, too. I'll need somebody to elaborate on that for me.
    well, in certain mangas they are captured, but in others they have anime-like no-no status.

Blog Entries

Well, I think it would be an awfully big coincidence if the tower burning killed three completely unique pokemon. I think they were initially other species and Ho-Oh gave them new life, not just by bringing them back, but by making them new species as well. And I'm pretty sure that was said in either the games or the show at one point...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast