Legendary Pokemon Genders - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Genders

Default Genders

wait you guy's are all high.
    Im the pokemon master here, let me tell you all genders.
    three regis are Male!!
    ho-oh is Male!!!!
    there are more than 1 lugia so male and female
    three dogs are Male, so listen very carefully.Suicune is a Male!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rayquaza, groudon, kyogre are male
    latios is a male
    latias is a female
    moltres:dunno
    Zapdos is a male
    Articuno: dunno
    mewtwo is a male, mew is a male!!!!!
    rukario is a male, manifi:dunno
    There are two deoxys so its possible that one of them is a female, but im not sure cause in pokemon movie 7 they that 1 of the deoxys was looking for his FRIEND.
    jirachi is a Male!!!!!!
    Believe me people im right.If its true that suicune is a female.I will cut my head off but that wont happen cause he's a male

Not evil,just insane SilverSkitty's Avatar

They reffer to Jirachi as male (Max often says stuff like "Where is Jirachi? Where is he?" but I always thought Jirachi was female. I think Ho-oh or Ho-ho,or whatever is male.
    Sigh,welcome to my life.......

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    wait you guy's are all high.
    Im the pokemon master here, let me tell you all genders.
    three regis are Male!!
    ho-oh is Male!!!!
    there are more than 1 lugia so male and female
    three dogs are Male, so listen very carefully.Suicune is a Male!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rayquaza, groudon, kyogre are male
    latios is a male
    latias is a female
    moltres:dunno
    Zapdos is a male
    Articuno: dunno
    mewtwo is a male, mew is a male!!!!!
    rukario is a male, manifi:dunno
    There are two deoxys so its possible that one of them is a female, but im not sure cause in pokemon movie 7 they that 1 of the deoxys was looking for his FRIEND.
    jirachi is a Male!!!!!!
    Believe me people im right.If its true that suicune is a female.I will cut my head off but that wont happen cause he's a male
    There are more than three Regis, one Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, and Mew.

May I ask how old you are?

I would say the Regi's are TRULY genderless as they are animated..rock/mineral things.
    Mew is male because didn't the scientists clone Mew? (Or try to clone mew?)
    Celebi seemed male
    Ho-oh seems female
    The legendary quadrupeds seem all male to me
    Deoxys seems female
    All the legendary birds (RBG) seem male

Quote Originally Posted by Rukaria View Post
    I know legendary Pokemon are genderless, but what would they be if they had genders?
    I think...
    All three Regis are probably male, but there is the possibility that Regice could be female..it always semmed to me that it was wearing a dress. :P I dunno, you decide.
    The Dogs...I would say Suicune is female, because of the mane, Entei is male (they kinda gave that away in the movie :P), Raikou...that one is hard. It's probably male though.
    Now for the birds...Articuno always seemed female to me, along with Moltres and Ho-oh. Zapdos looks male, and Lugia must be male becuase it had a male voice in the movie, just like Entei.
    Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre always seemed male to me. Especially Groudon lol. xD
    Mewtwo is male obviously. The voice, people. Mew seems more feminine, but it's hard to decide. Jirachi I have no idea. Celebi seems female, and Manaphy is obviously male. (PRINCE of the sea xD) Lucario has to be male, judgeing by the voice. :P
    What do you think?
    Ehh... lugia is a female (she gave birth to a baby)

• Articuno- Female. Its so elegent.
    • Zapdos- Male. Its seems quite arrogent and feirce.
    • Moltress- Male, a graceful/feirce male.
    • Mew2- Male 1000% The feircest pokemon ever. : 0
    • Mew- Female. It made all the pokemon! its a mommy!
    • Ho-oh- Female... dont ask why
    • Lugia- Differs. In the episode, there was a mom lugia and a boy lugia.
    • Suicune, Enti, Raiku- Male. Again, a graceful/feirce male. Raiku might be a girl.
    • Celebii- Differs. There's more than one of them.
    • Latios & Latias- Go look at the movie.
    • Groudon- Male. Feirce, arrogent, and feirce. Yeah.
    • Koyogre- Female. Feirce, but graceful. Remindes me of Mom.
    • Rayquaza- Male. Just cause.
    • Deoxys- One of them is male, the other is female.
    • Lucario- If he is a legendary, then Male.
    • Manafi- Male. "prince of the sea"
    Yeah, thats about it!

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by umbreot View Post
    Mew- Female. It made all the pokemon! its a mommy!
    Actually, all known species of Pokemon are descendants of Mew. That doesn't mean Mew is exclusively female.

So far, we have seen a total of three Mew. Two were real, one was not. The two real Mew, which appeared in the first and eighth movies, are not the same Mew. Seeing as how there is more than one Mew, it's safe to say that there are male and female Mew. It's known that Mew can be male because the eyebrow that the scientists used to clone Mewtwo came from a male Mew. If this was not the case, then Mewtwo would be female, but he obviously isn't.

As far as the other legendaries go, I believe that there are male and female ones for every species, except for the Regis. But then again, Geodude and other rockish Pokemon have genders, so the Regis might have them, too.

Latios and Latias are different. Remember Miltank and Tauros? Nidorino and Nidorina? They are male and female varities of the same type of Pokemon, with different names and appearances.

I hope that made sense. Sorry if it didn't-that's just my view on Legendary Pokemon.

Oh, and Rukario isn't a legendary, by the way. Even so, it can be male or female. There's a 50-50 chance of getting either gender. The one in the movie was a male, though.
    Last edited by Rosakai; 4th September 2006 at 12:01 AM.

Well, if by game law, mew gave birth to mewtwo. Yeah. So, that would put at least one, female. Or since I say that there is only one, all of them female.

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm...that makes sense as well. That would put Mewtwo and Mew in the same category as Latios and Latias, wouldn't it? Mewtwo the male version and Mew the female version. Hmm...

If you go purely by the games, yes, that makes sense. My viewpoint is a mixture of the games and anime. I believe people only think there's one Mew because it's so darn shy. I mean, it hides when ever humans come near, like on the Advanced games.

I'll have to look into this some more...

Nah, I believe that there is only one cause of its legendary status. I see most legendaries as gods.

Mine is mostly games with bits of logic thrown in.

Default Re: Legendary Pokemon Genders

Here's my list of thoughts! :D
    Kyogre seems female to me THE BIG MOTHER WHALE...
    Groudon Is a male (Of course)
    Reshiram always seemed female to me... and Zeckrom, male.
    Suicune is female Entei has to be male, and Raikou well Id say male for now.
    Now Mew is female. Mew is like a mother nature in the Pokemon world. She created all the Pokemon. So yeah XD
    Ho-oh seems female and Lugia is both because there was a baby Lugia named Silver and a mother Lugia.
    Manaphy. Like really? People bother to ask about MANaphy? XD Thats all I have and if anyone hasnt noticed MAN is the first part of his name! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Argy View Post
    Why can't Nidorina/Nidorino/Nidoqueen/Nidoking breed, anyway? Is there an actual answer?
    It's probably a glitch or something about game mechanics but my personal opinion is that it's related to life stages, like menopause in humans. Nidoqueen/Nidoking breeding could be detrimental to the species due to health and genetic defects in offspring due to their age. It doesn't make sense that only the earliest stage can breed but the intermediate can't but pokémon are weird.

Blog Entries

This is the way I've always seen them. Spoilered for length.

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Concerning the existence of multiples of a single legendary, my personal opinion is that this could be an indication that they were a regular species once. As centuries went past, the population severely dwindled, leaving us with only one of them or a very small population that is assumed to be the same one. The legends around them could be because they're rarely seen, so existent legends about them couldn't be proved and new ones were created as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverynthia View Post
    I
    Mew is male because didn't the scientists clone Mew? (Or try to clone mew?)
    They could have cloned a female Mew as well if they didn't have a male Mew around to breed with her to make a baby Mew.

Personally, I've always thought Mew was male and that the "gave birth" stuff was just a metaphor for Mew being the source for Mewtwo, or perhaps that Mews in the wild use psychic powers or something to reproduce so they're neither/both male and female.

I think legendaries should have official genders set, apart from the regis and possibly some others, because they're just like artificial constructs, except that they're technically alive. Anyway, here's my take on what gender most of them are, though I've probably missed some:

Signed, Lord Kyuubi

Blog Entries

At least in my fics, I assigned these genders. I always have at least one of each gender on a trio. I alternate between two males and one female and two females and one male.

These legendaries are one of a kind in my fics, and the genders I assigned them:

Mewtwo - genderless
    Kyogre - female
    Groudon - male
    Rayquaza - female
    Dialga - female
    Palkia - male
    Giratina - male
    Cresselia - female
    Darkrai - male
    Arceus - genderless
    Reshiram - male
    Zekrom - male
    Tornadus - male
    Thundurus - male
    Landorus - male
    Kyurem - female
    Genesect - genderless
    Xerneas - male
    Yveltal - female
    Zygarde - female

Is it weird that I portrayed Rayquaza, Dialga, Kyurem, and Zygarde as female? As well as portraying Palkia and Reshiram as male?

Also in my fics, contrary to PMD2, I show Mesprit as male and Azelf as female. Uxie is still male, though. This is done to correspond with how I portray Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Also in my fics, there are more than one Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, Victini, Terrakion, Cobalion, Virizion, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Diancie. The Regis and Deoxys are genderless, while the rest may be either male or female. Heatran clearly has both males and females. The anime confirms that there are multiple Articuno and Lugia - the Articuno in the second movie and the Articuno belonging to Noland were separate Pokemon.
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast