Legendary Pokemon Genders
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Genders

Default Legendary Pokemon Genders

I know legendary Pokemon are genderless, but what would they be if they had genders?
    I think...
    All three Regis are probably male, but there is the possibility that Regice could be female..it always semmed to me that it was wearing a dress. :P I dunno, you decide.
    The Dogs...I would say Suicune is female, because of the mane, Entei is male (they kinda gave that away in the movie :P), Raikou...that one is hard. It's probably male though.
    Now for the birds...Articuno always seemed female to me, along with Moltres and Ho-oh. Zapdos looks male, and Lugia must be male becuase it had a male voice in the movie, just like Entei.
    Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre always seemed male to me. Especially Groudon lol. xD
    Mewtwo is male obviously. The voice, people. Mew seems more feminine, but it's hard to decide. Jirachi I have no idea. Celebi seems female, and Manaphy is obviously male. (PRINCE of the sea xD) Lucario has to be male, judgeing by the voice. :P
    What do you think?

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rukaria
    Entei is male (they kinda gave that away in the movie :P)
    That was created by the Unown to be Molly's 'father', though. It isn't the real one.

Blog Entries

I think they all can be male or female, except for Latios, which is definitely male, and Latias, which is definitely female. Also, the anime showed a mother Lugia with its baby in the Whirlpool arc.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Fabu-I still think Entei looks male, even if that isn't the real one.
    Sceptile-So then, that means that there are more than one Lugia, as there are more then one Latias/Latios...

Also, I was looking at the 'Mewtwo in real-life' thing and supposedly in the games Mewtwo is Mew's child, making Mew a girl.

Mew is a girl for me, seeing as she gave birth. Latios and Latias are male and female, respectively and the rest don't matter.

Really, if you want my opinion, I associate them all as male besides the ones I mentioned. This is cause I associate creatures who don't have particularily stereotypical female traits as male. The only reason for that is because I am male. But I try hard to associate them as gender-neutral.

Hmm...in the games they tell you that Latios and Latias are male and female anyway, right? Like Latias is the female version of Latios.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

There are more than one of most, if not all, legendaries (except Mewtwo, of course), so the genders vary.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726
    I think they all can be male or female, except for Latios, which is definitely male, and Latias, which is definitely female. Also, the anime showed a mother Lugia with its baby in the Whirlpool arc.
    The adult Lugia was male. They referred to him as Silver's (the baby Lugia) father.

Anyway, they obviously are genderless in the games because they are supposed to be rare and hard to get and being able to breed them in the daycare would beat completely that purpose.

As it's been said above, it's been proven in the anime that there are more than just one of each legendary: There are 3 Legendary Birds in Orange Islands along with Lugia, an Articuno Ash and friends saw at some mountains in Johto, Lugia and Silver his baby in the Whirlpool Islands, another Zapdos in Johto, the Moltres from the Chronicles special with Ritchie and the Articuno who befriended Nolan in the Battle Frontier saga. Not to mention quite a bunch of Celebis in the 4th movie.
    them.

Oh and they also said in many places that a new Entei is born every time a volcano erupts. It's annoying that in the games they can't have babies but in the anime there are male and female ones who can mate. :P

Actually, if Latios and Latias can have genders and not breed, they could do the same with the others. They just decided to keep it a bit enigmatic.

Do you mean in the games? 'Cause the reason why Latios and Latias are unbreedable in them is because they're in the "unbreedable" egg group. Like, Magnemite can breed. Or am I misunderstanding you?

By the way, how do we know that those multiple legendaries in the anime aren't the same? ('Cept Lugia, of course.)
    "It's...it's like winning the lottery, without the taxes!"
    "Remember, the enemy's gate is down."
    "And like that...POW! I'm gone!"
    "Buh! Buh! Buh huh huh!"
    "You're doomed, you junior-varsity losers!"

Yes, I mean in the games. Magnemite lacks a gender and is therefore unbreedable without a ditto. The other legendaries are not given a gender and are unbreedable no matter what. Latios and Latias are given genders but unbreedable.

Seeing as Latios and Latias have gender, that means that the other pokemon lack it not because they needed it to prevent mass breeding. And I am assuming that the reason they weren't given genders, was to leave it up to the people interpreting them.

I think they gave them no genders because then people would start 'Legendary Breeding Farms' and everyone would have multiple Kyogres and Regis and Mews and stuff and legendaries would be that rare any more.

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rukaria
    I think they gave them no genders because then people would start 'Legendary Breeding Farms' and everyone would have multiple Kyogres and Regis and Mews and stuff and legendaries would be that rare any more.
    Latios can't breed. He has a gender.

Nidoqueen can't breed. She has a gender.Game, Set, Match.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

I know, but I mean if they were breedable. :P
    I didn't know Nidoqueen couldn't breed..I thought they could breed with Nidoking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast