Least favorite starter? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Least favorite starter?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulbasaur

3 3.03%
  • Squirtle

2 2.02%
  • Charmander

9 9.09%
  • Pikachu

18 18.18%
  • Chikorita

18 18.18%
  • Totodile

10 10.10%
  • Cyndaquil

4 4.04%
  • Treecko

6 6.06%
  • Mudkip

6 6.06%
  • Torchic

4 4.04%
  • Turtwig

10 10.10%
  • Piplup

8 8.08%
  • Chimchar

22 22.22%
  • Snivy

11 11.11%
  • Oshawott

8 8.08%
  • Tepig

25 25.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Least favorite starter?

Default Re: Least favorite starter?

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

As far as fulfilling the purpose of a starter is concerned, Pikachu. It has sub-par starts, a fairly shallow movepool, and doesn't let you evolve the bloody thing. Most starter Pokemon have fairly diverse movesets, and the two additional evolutions help them stay prominent throughout the game. Pikachu fails in both of these fields.
    Bellossom likes this.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I should've voted for all three Generation IV starters, but I just chose the ugliest one of the three: Chimchar. I'm sorry, but I just cannot get into its or its line's designs. I like monkeys, but Chimchar just looks bad to me. :/ I think Turtwig and Piplup are ugly as well. The only starter out of all three lines that I can say I somewhat like is Empoleon. I also don't like Treecko, Snivy, and Oshawott (but its evolutions are okay).

As a Water-Type Starter loyalist I love Squirtle and its line, Totodile and its line (although I found Feraligatr the weakest), Mudkip and its line (my Swampert DarkWinner is legendary in my family!!), Piplup and its line (although I still dont get the benefit of Empoleon's Steel typing) and Oshawatt and its line (Samaurot just looks wiked!!). Froakie, however, had better get some serious improvements in its later evolutions cus im just not feeling it at all!! Barring the newest starters, I think I'd go with Treecko and its evolutionary line would have to be my worst. I still really like them, but I just never clicked with them like the rest!!

Who am I? Where am I? JewelsVerne's Avatar

I voted for Tepig. I had always used fire starters and Tepig ruined it for me. I just couldn't bring myself to pick a Pokemon with such hideous evolutions. Chimchar would have ruined it for me first but I played White before Platinum, so I think Tepig will always be the target of my grudge even though it wasn't the only fire starter I passed up.

Charmander is my absolute favorite. He may not be the best, but he was my very first Pokemon in Red.
    Bellossom likes this.

Soul Silver FC: 1335 6964 5411

White FC: 3525 9470 1419

White 2 FC: 5415 9061 5639

Blog Entries

For me it's Charmander. Blame the anime but I can't stand Charizard at all and pretty much refuse to use it.

...I'm starting to think that I'm the only one here who likes Chimchar. I mean, the poor little guy is just too cute to hate.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Add Bellossom on Facebook

I voted

Charmander (over-rated and I still cannot get over how much I hated choosing him as a kid in Blue. I didn't enjoy the game until I restarted with a Bulbasaur and my life has not been the same since!!)

Cyndaquil (Just bleh to me. His evolution is strong but I could just never get with it.)

Treecko (UGLY and awkward.)

Chimchar (Again, an ugly design. Turtwig was the way to go with that generation.)

For the record I am not a fire type hater, just wish that they had more appealing starters.
    If at first you don't succeed, warp reality till it fits your demands ;)

claimed Ekans on 10/28/2012 and all has been well in the world ever since. :)

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    For me it's Charmander. Blame the anime but I can't stand Charizard at all and pretty much refuse to use it.

...I'm starting to think that I'm the only one here who likes Chimchar. I mean, the poor little guy is just too cute to hate.
    personally, I plan on using him once I get Platinum cause Infernape looks like a boss to me
    Silverwynde likes this.

Charmander because of how overrated it is. (Though I dislike Charizard more.) [ADMIN EDIT: Gen-one-fans bashing deleted here]. (Oh and by the way, Charizard loses 50% of it's health upon switching into Stealth Rock. (Evil laughter.)) Ignoring Charizard, I would then have to make Chikorita my least favorite. It was hard to play through HG with it. Though I don't hate any Pokemon, I just dislike some more than others. (Even Charizard.)
    But why so much Tepig hate?

(I barely acknowledge Pikachu's existence so I can't hate it.)
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 20th January 2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Bob the Builder likes this.

I hate Froakie with all my heart, but out of all the starters in the poll, I would have to go with Pikachu, mainly because it isn't even a starter. I never liked the anime until recently, so Pokemon Yellow was a big disappointment for me. I don't think it should've ever been an ingame starter.
    Oh, and to all the Tepig haters out there, this is about the starter itself, not its evolutions.
    Bellossom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PersianTrainer View Post
    I'm judging mostly on the way the Pokemon looks, Torchic was one I disliked, along with Johto starters, As for Gen 6, I'm going to dislike Fennekin, I don't really like canines much - I'm a cat/mustelid person.
    Thank 'god' I am not the only one who dislikes Johto starters.
    I mean, Cyndaquil is a bit cute, but that is about it. The other two are boring and/or ugly (Totodile).

Quite honestly the only regions with really interesting starters were Kanto, Sinnoh and apparently the Generation VI region.

I am also a cat person btw.
    I am glad someone has feelings almost similar to mine, as well. Only thing is I like the Hoenn starters instead of the gen 6 ones. those look AWFUL, except for Froakie, who looks cute but doesn't have much evolution potential.
    Reila likes this.

I despise of Snivy and its line, but that's about it. I've liked every other starter. Piplup, Treecko, and Cyndaquil stand out as my favorites. But the gen 6 starters look pretty bad, too.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tepig no offense to the little guy but yeah he's probably my least favorite starter to date.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Blaziken. Starter of all our fire/fighting woes, and the design's not exactly the best. Not to mention out of all the starters, its the most useless bar Chikorita for the gyms. Made emerald nearly impossible by gym 7.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

I went for Piplup, because it really irritated me in the anime haha. Other considerations I had were Treecko and Tepig, but yeah, Piplup won out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast