Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh, without economic problems ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh, without economic problems ?

Question Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh, without economic problems ?

IS just me or anyone else thinks that everyone in sinnoh is too kind ? I mean, they give items to random strangers, free hospital to pokemon, 10 year old kids going in a adventure without the risk of being captured and raped by a pedophile, hmmm, Theres something wrong here.
    Look this post http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/402142-post2567.html
    to look what I can offerand what I want,
    I got this Shinies: Magneton, Mightyena, Sableye, Steelix, Beedrill and Crobat. If anyone wants to trade for them, PM me, I trade any of them for The Toys R Us manaphy,
    BREAKING NEWS Hilary Clinton to be voted as the Hottiest woman of the year, along with Paris HIlton, Pamela Anderson and Britney Baldy Spears

Blog Entries

Don't forget the biggest RPG cliche ever....

Going into a random strangers house and robbing them of all that they have. =P

It's more or less standard RPG law, really. It's a game.

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Blog Entries

I agree. Government in the economic regions should have total economic breakdown. But they don't. Why? Because it is a game, and RPG law states that real-world problems do not affect the game world.

And as for walking into other people's houses, I've seen that touched upon in other games, most memorably KOTOR. Whenever you walked into a house, the person would cringe in fear and scream "Please don't hurt me! Take whatever you want!"

Head GoldNinjaShipper Super Smasher's Avatar
    Pipit Town, Staring point of the Iria Region
    Blog Entries

Walking into other houses, huh? I remember in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for the 'cube. You couldn't go into ANY houses. Not even your own chateau. They wouldn't even let you into an inn! I think it was a true RPG revolutionary moment. Too bad nobody picked up on it.

Speaking of the pedophile thing, it bothers me how the main character is always wearing very little that would help him in the environment. You're up to your head in snow with nothing but standard clothes, a cap, and a "style" scarf, not even a regular scarf. Then there's the fact that Marina wore shorts, May wore even shorter shorts, Blue wore a skirt, and now Dawn wears an even shorter skirt...

Aaaah, so thats the RPG law ? oh, then Im surprised theres no GTA san andreas-like Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Nanabobo View Post
    Speaking of the pedophile thing, it bothers me how the main character is always wearing very little that would help him in the environment. You're up to your head in snow with nothing but standard clothes, a cap, and a "style" scarf, not even a regular scarf. Then there's the fact that Marina wore shorts, May wore even shorter shorts, Blue wore a skirt, and now Dawn wears an even shorter skirt...
    It bothers me too, boys at least have pants, but the girls have really short skirts, not at least shorts like may, is like if they are tempting artist to do lolicon fanart

Please don't double post. ~Roses Ablaze
    Last edited by Roses Ablaze; 13th August 2007 at 10:48 PM.
    I got this Shinies: Magneton, Mightyena, Sableye, Steelix, Beedrill and Crobat. If anyone wants to trade for them, PM me, I trade any of them for The Toys R Us manaphy,
    BREAKING NEWS Hilary Clinton to be voted as the Hottiest woman of the year, along with Paris HIlton, Pamela Anderson and Britney Baldy Spears

Me and one of my AIM friends joked that although each region was reasonably well-off, Houen was obvously the poorest region - it has no truly big cities, most of the cities and towns had dirt roads, and the evil teams were stuck using caves as bases. Shinou was the richest region - Team Galactic owns its own tall buildings with random spikes on them and antennae nearby(Team Rocket's underground bases have nothing on that!), most of the cities have roads, there are THREE cities that could qualify as big, there are all sorts of random elevators in various buildings(think Hearthome. And the light house. And the ribbon society.), the E4 get its own CASTLE with floating panels and decorative light-making machines that almost have a holographic feel to them, and they even managed to figure out how to build a department store with a first floor that actually has items sold on it.

Amusingly, even though Shinou is rich they can't afford to give their youth clothes appropriate for the cold. Seiously, Dawn should FREEZE when she walks through those snow routes in that short skirt. Maybe they're so rich that their clothes have some fancy thermal technology that makes you warmer than you look? :P

--- Last.fm---

It would be kinda cool (pun not intended) if in furture games you try to walk into a snowy area, but you're forced out because it's too cold, and you have to find an item (a change of clothing that will affect your overworld sprite) before you can get in.

On topic, the Elder Scrolls series is an obvious example of an RPG that breaks the rules of just going into someone's house and taking whatever the damn hell you want, and you certainly don't get free handouts -- on flipside, the games are as hard to play as it is to convince George Bush to forget Iraq and go after North Korea instead
    Last edited by MangaBottle; 12th August 2007 at 11:42 PM.

Sinnoh maybe rich now, but when their mines dry out........

And it should happen pretty soon considering that random 10-year-olds are allowed to come in at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MangaBottle View Post
    It would be kinda cool (pun not intended) if in furture games you try to walk into a snowy area, but you're forced out because it's too cold, and you have to find an item (a change of clothing that will affect your overworld sprite) before you can get in.
    Well they did that in RSE with the sandstorm and Go Goggles....

...Why they thought you needed goggles to walk through a sandy desert, but thought you could walk through a blizzard in a miniskirt, I'll never know.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th August 2007 at 03:49 PM.

Wasn't there a couple in the restaurant by Lake Valour who says that he has made a lot off the stock markets or something similar?

(not sure, just made it to that area in my game)

I think the fact is that the attitudes of people in the games are derived from those of the Japanese mass. In many places paedophilia is unheard of, and it's within tradition or religion to give to charity and others. This could simply have reflected off Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

If this were the case, though, I expect their economy's not too great. Have you ever taken money into account — P3,000 for Full Restore possibly equating to US$25?

hmmm, definitivily Sinnoh is rich, look and Valor Lakefort, Hearthome city, the resort area, and the Pokemon league, are defenitively the proof, but is true, their mines are going to dry out, considering random 10 year olds are permitted to go anytime.

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

If I were living in Sinnoh, I'd be pretty pissed at random kids coming into my house so I could tell them a generic sentence. I'd move into one of those houses in Celadon City without a door. You know the ones.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Walrein View Post
    If this were the case, though, I expect their economy's not too great. Have you ever taken money into account — P3,000 for Full Restore possibly equating to US$25?
    you seem to have the right idea, but just in case you didn't know, the money is ordinary yen in the Japanese version rather than using a P symbol with a couple slashes. And it's not hard to see how a Full Restore could cost 3000 yen considering they are being marketed towards travelers (in other words, people who are constantly without home or job) who are as young as 10 years old.

Now, if you wanna talk about a shitty economy, I suggest you look at the Oure region from the Game Cube RPGs. It uses Pokedollars (even in the Japanese version, likely because the area was modeled after Arizona), and these dollars apparently have the same value as yen (you can buy things from the Game Boy games at more or less the same price). However, dollars tend to use a cent system (while yen doesn't), so unless Pokedollars happen to be an exception, then Oure's got some seriously low value rates.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 14th August 2007 at 10:40 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

We're all taking this a bit far. Money's left simple, because I don't want to use my stylus to drag coins into someone's hand if I've just got a 20 pokedollar note. Houses are left enterrable so towns and cities actually have something to do in, other than heal your pokemon and buy more stuff.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast