Kadabra and his random spoons
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kadabra and his random spoons

Grooming my Army of Nidokings and Nidoqueens in St.Louis.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Kadabra and his random spoons

Why is it when Abra suddenly evolves into Kadabra he gets a spoon? Or better yet when he evolves into Alakazam he gets another one? Its not like Slowpoke with Cloyster because he does not need the spoons to evolve he gets them AFTER he evolves. I suppose it could be assumed people who train Kadabras just carry extra spoons around but I doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to double post but I felt I should explain why I put this in the Real Word section of the board and its because I felt it was a question that would be hard to explain in the real world unlike the anime where they pave over some explanations if it needs to be moved please do. =)

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

(You could've just edited that into your first post you know...)

Anyways, I just assume Kadabra just feels the urge to have something like a spoon on his hand, like these times you wave a pencil through your fingers or whatever. Becouse they have psychic abilities, they probably just teleport the nearbiest object they can find.

A spoon would be preffered becouse probably its easier to chanalize psi into it.

Alakazam need another becouse this urge to have something like a spoon in their hands might have something to do with the use of their mind, so they can concentrate better or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wondered how they get those spoons. Maybe the spoon grows out of their hand? I doubt that, though.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

discontented with winter VibuzeSG's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know in the Pokemon Special Manga, Blaine's Mewtwo fights with an enormous spoon as well. Its spoon seems to be formed of psychic energy that is somehow solidified. I guess I always carried it over to Kadabra to figure that its spoon wasn't an actual piece of silverware but some object formed of psychic energy designed to look like a spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't just Kadabra's Spoons to consider... There's also Cubone/Marowak's Bone, Farfetch'd's stick, Hypno's pendulum...

It's because Pokémon that were created in the first generation weren't designed in mind with them eventually breeding.

Same thing goes for multibodied Pokémon like Exeggcute or Pokémon that appear to wear clothing.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all your answers but question was more where he got them not why he needed them I believe Vibuze had the best explanation but the one Ling Ling put up after that was a close second.

Live Long And Prosper... Wonder Happiny's Avatar
    On Paradise Island, playing Bullets and Bracelets
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My guess is when Abra evolves, it pulls the spoons out of hammerspace.

(here's a link that explains what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammerspace

Credit goes to PlatinumDude for the sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    In the family, all is silence. No more will be said of it. Live long and prosper, Sarek of Vulcan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    It isn't just Kadabra's Spoons to consider... There's also Cubone/Marowak's Bone, Farfetch'd's stick, Hypno's pendulum...

It's because Pokémon that were created in the first generation weren't designed in mind with them eventually breeding.

Same thing goes for multibodied Pokémon like Exeggcute or Pokémon that appear to wear clothing.
    Back when pokemon was still in its first season I believe they explained Cubone and Marowak's skull helmet and bone club as being from thier mothers grave however like most of you said this was before breeding where you could infact have Cubone JR and Mommy Marowak on the same team which would then make that explanation not make any sense unless the trainers had been operating on thier pokemon =). Also I find Farfetch'd's stick more easy to believe than Hypnos Pendulum or Kadabra's spoon as they can be found in nature while the former two objects cant be. I did however still like the explenation that they where created by the pokemons PSI energy given earlier. Also the multibodied thing isnt that odd to me as just one of them may be mating or they may all pair off however the clothes part would be harder to explain does anyone know a general list of pokemon that wear clothes I can only think of Jinx and Mr.Mime(Who cleary was made before breeding was thought of) because if all of the pokemon with clothes are Psychic types then maybe the Psychic ability excuse could be made for that to.
    Last edited by hitman528; 15th August 2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Added some lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitman528 View Post
    Back when pokemon was still in its first season I believe they explained Cubone and Marowak's skull helmet and bone club as being from thier mothers grave however like most of you said this was before breeding where you could infact have Cubone JR and Mommy Marowak on the same team which would then make that explanation not make any sense unless the trainers had been operating on thier pokemon =). Also I find Farfetch'd's stick more easy to believe than Hypnos Pendulum or Kadabra's spoon as they can be found in nature while the former two objects cant be. I did however still like the explenation that they where created by the pokemons PSI energy given earlier. Also the multibodied thing isnt that odd to me as just one of them may be mating or they may all pair off however the clothes part would be harder to explain does anyone know a general list of pokemon that wear clothes I can only think of Jinx and Mr.Mime(Who cleary was made before breeding was thought of) because if all of the pokemon with clothes are Psychic types then maybe the Psychic ability excuse could be made for that to.
    I think you're right.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just go with the belief that the Spoon and Pendulum are the physical manifestations of Kadabra and Hypno's powers. It makes sense since the Twisted Spoon item actually raises psychic powers, and the dex entry that states that a Kadabra/Alakazam's power is greatly weakened when their spoons are taken away.

Besides, in the games, those things actually become held items for the Pokemon to acquire. Not all Pokemon of the species have them, however, I believe that the sprites are kept with those items in hand just for the sake of tradition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitman528 View Post
    (...) I can only think of Jinx and Mr.Mime(Who cleary was made before breeding was thought of) because if all of the pokemon with clothes are Psychic types then maybe the Psychic ability excuse could be made for that to.

Not only Psychic Pokémon. What about Machoke and Machamp's trunk and belt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question

See I forgot about Machokes power save belt and dont they both wear speedo like things?. They would also be on the hardest articles of clothing/items to explain because they are not natural nor are those pokemon psychic types the speedo might be able to be explained as being apart of thier body as they are never seen with out that article of clothing. However the powerbelt in the anime is stated to help Machoke control it powers along with the fact that Machokes like to stare at themselves in mirrors. I imagine if the anime or games did come up with an explanation of the belts it would be that Silph Co. or a similar company in the pokemon universe makes them however that would not explain how the pokemon get them when they evolve and I cant think of an explanation myself so any ideas?

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is that Psychic type pokemon are really possessive: Spoink cherishes it's ball, Slowking and it's crown, Mewtwo and his clone army. Even the move "Trick", psychic pokemon only developed for their own greedy intentions. They aren't very nice when it comes to items... so I say when Abra evolves it develops kleptomaniac symptoms. Wild Kadabra steal spoons from towns and break them when they get bored (If they are owned by a trainer, they steal them from the trainer). Then they make people forget that they ever had spoons. Alakazams are even better, they steal two spoons and brag about it to the other Kadabras and Abras in which they get jealous and train to get stronger such that one day they can steal two spoons as well. They should learn to share like pokemon like Aipom, Cubone, and Chansey. Pokemon who happily share their items with others.

So the moral of the story? All magicians are thieves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

0.o very interesting....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast