Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessie's many talents?

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz
    On that same note, Jessie seems to have a natural flair for being a Pokemon Coordinator. She'd probably win some ribbons if she wasn't a member of Team Rocket.
    Definitely. In fact, I do remember one of the contests she competed in and she was doing it very well WITHOUT cheating at all. So I guess she must be better at contests than she is at normal battles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    No idea, but I think it's interesting that she said "wine expert." Makes me yearn for the days when the censors weren't as strict as they are now.
    OMG, I can't believe it... They go from Jessie being a "wine expert" to James drinking "strawberry milk"... ::cries:: XD
    I'm still not sure why they feel the need to curb the mention of alcoholic beverages. Perhaps they think that if the characters drink alcohol, kids will want to mimic it. ::sigh:: Another "Where are the parents?" scenario...

I think that Jess would make a good Coordinator, if she just calms down with the weird hats... -_-;;
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Kids need to realize, Jessie and James are big people. Therefore they can do "big people" things. Like, they stayed up too late partying and failed their exams in Pokemon Tech? Yah, they were totally not playing board games. Maybe they were but it had to deal with drinks. I mean, when you're on your own at a school with older kids who can get you things, you just give in (COLLEGE) :/

It'll happen some day... right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spokethewind
    Kids need to realize, Jessie and James are big people. Therefore they can do "big people" things. Like, they stayed up too late partying and failed their exams in Pokemon Tech? Yah, they were totally not playing board games. Maybe they were but it had to deal with drinks. I mean, when you're on your own at a school with older kids who can get you things, you just give in (COLLEGE) :/

Yeah. I'm sure the stuff they were drinking in the ep with Max and Prof Oak was water. They looked plumb drunk. Although, I have been confused as drunk when I hadn't drank anything...
    Actually, I don't think they drank anything at the Tech... I always thought they were young there. It's another age/continuity jumble. OMG, but I can totally picture the TRio playing board games while intoxicated. Scrabble, anyone? ::notes to self to do a doujin about it::
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow QuietDragon on Tumblr

Yeah, it was just water. -nods-

One person thought I was drunk when I was just sugar-high. -blink- Eh?

Musapion on SPPf, QuietxDragon on tumblr

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Hm. It seems that Musashi and Kojiro are counterparts of Haruka and Satoshi in a way... When they aren't cheating, one's a skilled coordinator and the other is a relatively skilled trainer.

"Kids need to realize, Jessie and James are big people. Therefore they can do 'big people' things."

For some reason, the wording used here just makes me laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge
    Yeah. I'm sure the stuff they were drinking in the ep with Max and Prof Oak was water. They looked plumb drunk.
    WHAT EPISODE WAS THAT AND WHY DID I HAVE TO MISS IT?!

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge
    OMG, but I can totally picture the TRio playing board games while intoxicated. Scrabble, anyone? ::notes to self to do a doujin about it::
    I wanna see that when you get around to drawing it ;)

It'll happen some day... right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spokethewind
    WHAT EPISODE WAS THAT AND WHY DID I HAVE TO MISS IT?!
    A Six Pack Attack, which (oddly enough) I watched last night. It's the episode after Ash gets his 5th Hoenn badge.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi-san
    A Six Pack Attack, which (oddly enough) I watched last night. It's the episode after Ash gets his 5th Hoenn badge.
    Which (oddly enough) has a rather appropriate name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, yeah. And it doesn't sound bad as the rest of those stupid dub episode titles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Argy
    Which (oddly enough) has a rather appropriate name.
    LMAO, that's so true.

Although, I don't picture TR with a pack of beer. Wine coolers, however... heh. Something to make them feel elite.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fancy German beer, maybe. And they'd have to dress up in German folk outfits with lederhosen and all that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Fancy German beer, maybe. And they'd have to dress up in German folk outfits with lederhosen and all that.
    That's... typically Team Rocket. XD

Or maybe Sapporo beer, and dress up in their happi coats.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Jessie's skill

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    What do you base that claim on? From what I've seen, it's James who is a reasonably competent trainer (at least when he's doing things for himself, not for Team Rocket).
    I'm not saying that she is a particularly good Trainer, Murg, overall her skill level seems to be mediocre to above average. However, she does seem to get overall better performance from her Pokémon than James. Maybe it is because she likes to act tough. In any case, I think that her capture of Seviper (without even having to use Wobbuffet! ) and getting Wurmple to evolve into a Duxtox shows that she knows the ropes. She even managed to get that Shellder to work half-competently in a matter of a few hours between capturing it (after James did most of the work ) and taking off to try and get a Slowpoke evolve into a Slowbro.

James, on the other hand, has very obvious difficulties getting some of his Pokémon to focus on the task at hand (Victreebell and Cacnea being extreme examples). James has ability, Weezing being a fine example of what he has achieved over time. However, James does seem to have far more difficulty than Jessie in getting his Pokémon to perform well.
    BenRG ~ Friend of Eeveeloutions everywhere!
    ~*~*~*~
    Member of the OPS ~ May Ash and Misty's love last forever!
    Member of PokéManiacs Anonymous! ~ While growing old is inevitable, growing UP is optional! Join us here!
    ~*~*~*~
    Bring back the Kanto Six!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenRG
    In any case, I think that her capture of Seviper (without even having to use Wobbuffet! ) and getting Wurmple to evolve into a Duxtox shows that she knows the ropes.
    I'm a bit rusty on the games, but don't normally Wurmple evolve to either Dustox or Beautifly (I forget the intermediate stages...) based on the trainer's attitude and treatment? If you have a good attitude, it evolves into Beautifly, and if you have a bad attitude, it turns into Dustox. Jessie's usually bitter, so...

But I do think that Jess's headstrong ways allow her to control her Pokemon better, as opposed to James, who is a bit less controlling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast