Jessie's many talents?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessie's many talents?

Blog Entries

Default Jessie's many talents?

OK, so this is very old-school, but an inquiring mind (me, hehe) wants to know.
    In the episode "The Ultimate Test", Jessie lists that huge list of things she's accomplished. It goes like this: "I'm also an accomplished hostess, florist, costume designer, style consultant, wine expert, beautician..."
    In the Japanese episode, are they all pretty much different? I've already figured out that they changed tea ceremony to "hostess" and ikebana to "florist". I'm pretty sure "costume designer" has to do with dressing formally. Are the rest the same, or have they been "American-ized", too?Thanks.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

No idea, but I think it's interesting that she said "wine expert." Makes me yearn for the days when the censors weren't as strict as they are now.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

*would wonder how the Squirtle Squad ep would have worked out today over the scene in the store...*

^^

Yeah I would picture her saying along w/ those pictures that w/ costume designer she looks good in a kimono (wasn't that the pic?), she's good at picking out shoes for people (style consultant), (wine expert seems pretty accurate), and I forget the rest. But man that episode was the first one I ever watched so that is the most vivid in my head.

It'll happen some day... right?

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Wine expert? One would have thought otherwise with the bizarre sense of taste she demonstrated in AG117...

I think that Jessie is a bit of a Baron Munchausen. Basically a fantasist - she has this wonderful self-image and she describes herself as she sees herself. Of course, this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what she actually can and cannot do.

Stick to the Pokémon training, Jessie. You are good at that. Well, better than James, anyway. Not that that's saying anything.
    BenRG ~ Friend of Eeveeloutions everywhere!
    ~*~*~*~
    Member of the OPS ~ May Ash and Misty's love last forever!
    Member of PokéManiacs Anonymous! ~ While growing old is inevitable, growing UP is optional! Join us here!
    ~*~*~*~
    Bring back the Kanto Six!

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin
    Wine expert? One would have thought otherwise with the bizarre sense of taste she demonstrated in AG117...
    Well if that is a dub line... Still, no doubt 4Kids have forgotten about it by now.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BenRG
    I think that Jessie is a bit of a Baron Munchausen. Basically a fantasist - she has this wonderful self-image and she describes herself as she sees herself. Of course, this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what she actually can and cannot do.
    Meowth is too, to an extent. By which I mean that he projects all his fantasy images onto the Boss.

You know, it would be pretty easy for someone in that world to find out if Jesse actually *was* a weather girl like she claimed--just find out the station she supposedly worked for and call them. Of course we, not being in that world, have no such luxury.

...of course, if she was in Rocket training at the time, she could have been like Excel and given a code name. Slammin' Flower Child, anyone?

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Blackjack Gabbiani]
    You know, it would be pretty easy for someone in that world to find out if Jesse actually *was* a weather girl like she claimed--just find out the station she supposedly worked for and call them. QUOTE]
    One could factor Origin of Truth and Love in, but since that was more AU than anything else, I suppose that wouldn't work.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries

Stick to the Pokémon training, Jessie. You are good at that. Well, better than James, anyway. Not that that's saying anything.
    Well, you can see she gets a bit overwhelmed with the ikebana. ^_^ And it fits her to randomly add in that she looks good in a kimono. I don't doubt that she randomly dabbled/dabbles in multiple things, but her skill level is left to the imagination. I really think that she tried hard to be a good nurse back when she wanted to be.

I think that Chimecho would disagree with you on that point. Its poor tail is probably still healing... <3 If Jess tried to be a legitimate battler, she'd rock. James was awesome at Pokeringer, though. I just think his Pokemon have affection problems. Hah.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    No idea, but I think it's interesting that she said "wine expert." Makes me yearn for the days when the censors weren't as strict as they are now.
    Especially when in the same episode, she said she was 17 (underage)!
    Yume <3 Heart
    Pokémon forever!

Proud Member of Pokémaniacs Anonymous
    Because growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

She almost became a nurse. Remember the Chansey ep?

What do you base that claim on? From what I've seen, it's James who is a reasonably competent trainer (at least when he's doing things for himself, not for Team Rocket).
    波導は我に有り

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    What do you base that claim on? From what I've seen, it's James who is a reasonably competent trainer (at least when he's doing things for himself, not for Team Rocket).
    On that same note, Jessie seems to have a natural flair for being a Pokemon Coordinator. She'd probably win some ribbons if she wasn't a member of Team Rocket.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    Really? I'd thought the censors had actually become better lately. 4Kids used to censor really stupid things back then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast