Insane Pokémon Fact Entries - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Insane Pokémon Fact Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus Is Lord View Post
    It gets better in the FireRed dex. "Its body is light, and its legs are incredibly powerful. It can clear Ayers Rock in one leap."

That's 863 meters (2,831 ft)!!!
    Heh, that's pretty crazy, and only as a Ponyta, not a Rapidash. There's nothing much about jumping for Rapidash.
    Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Hey, scientists with nothing better to do have tried to explain Super Man's powers, so I'm pretty sure its not that hard for Pokemon. (especially when you consider all the theories proposed in the Pokemon World Forum which could make sense)

As for a mouse who shocks people, how do you explain an eel?
    They've really tried superman? lol
    Well if you want to find out how an electric eel shocks things, go to wikipedia :P
    As for pikachu, how does they control the direction of their shocks and focus it?
    In any case, explain how an overgrown lizard is able to breathe fire.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ookido View Post
    As for pikachu, how does they control the direction of their shocks and focus it?
    I was going to say that they ionize the air and form something like an "air wire" to guide the shock. But how would it deal with wind or humidity?

Also 2 more:

Pidgeot (Silver) - It spreads its beautiful wings wide to frighten its enemies. It can fly at Mach 2 speed.

Um, care to explain how a Pokemon can fly as fast as the Concord? How could it generate enough power to hit speeds like that? Also wouldn't the friction burn the Pokemon severely if it tried to fly at those speeds?

Kingler (All) - It is mentioned in almost all the 'dex entries that the large pincer has 10,000 HP crushing force.

How on earth does ANY living thing produce that much horsepower? A Blue Whale swimming at top speed produces about 535 horsepower (See http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/reprint/25/3/237.pdf). Allegedly the peak power output of a Blue Whale is 2.5 MW (3,353 HP) (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(power)

Blog Entries

Toxicroak- Its knuckle claws secrete a toxin so vile that even a scratch could prove fatal.

I wouldn't want to run into these guys. I worry about the trainer that has to train a disobedient one. =P

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Alakazam (From silver) Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result it remembers everything.

Found that one interesting just because it mentions death, maybe not so insane though. Kadabra also has some weird ones.

Kadabra (From Diamond, Fire red) If one is nearby, an eerie shadow appears on TV screens. Seeing the shadow is said to bring bad luck. (FR) It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into KADABRA.

Machoke (Pearl) It can lift a dump truck with one hand. Using that power, it helps people with heavy jobs.

Bellsprout (Ruby, Saphire) BELLSPROUT's thin and flexible body lets it bend and sway to avoid any attack, however strong it may be. From its mouth, this POKéMON spits a corrosive fluid that melts even iron. (Melts iron?!)

Creepy Victreebell fact (Red, Blue): Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has returned from there.

Xatu, (Silver) (Interesting because it mentions South America)In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past. (Emerald) It has the enigmatic power of foreseeing the future. Some people in different lands have long believed that XATU are emissaries from another world.

Not all are insane, but interesting or funny at least. xD

Blog Entries

You realise our Gastric juices can melt iron right (or something to that extent)? I'm thinking that you are getting the impression that it instantly melts the metal.

As for Victreebel, how would they know that they live ion huge colonies deep in the jungles if no one has returned to document that?

As for Toxicroak's claws, do you know how potent snake venoms are? Its not much of a stretch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    As for Victreebel, how would they know that they live ion huge colonies deep in the jungles if no one has returned to document that?
    That's why they're "said" to live in colonies, not "do" live colonies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    That's why they're "said" to live in colonies, not "do" live colonies.
    So its a bunch of rumours then....

Blog Entries

Exactly. All of Oak's vaunted scientific data is based on nothing more than hearsay. And THAT sums up science in the Pokemon universe.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Some sort of psychic assistance could explain that. Maybe a limited psychic ability that neutralizes gravity and friction/wind resistance. But now I'm just BSing stuff that would be more appropriate to the Pokemon World forum, so I'll shut up now. But, basically, if you can explain how it gets airborne (which we know, for a fact, it can do), maybe we can explain how it attains such speed (if, in fact, it can).
    maybe that's why Agility is considered a Psychic-type move.

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake View Post
    Snorlax, the heaviest, isn't even as heavy as a real world cow.
    actually, Kabigon's no longer the heaviest. It's been outdone by Groudon. Metagross dropped it down to 3rd place in the same generation, and now it's being outclassed by Giratina (both Another and Origin) and Dialga. See for yourself.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    actually, Kabigon's no longer the heaviest. It's been outdone by Groudon. Metagross dropped it down to 3rd place in the same generation, and now it's being outclassed by Giratina (both Another and Origin) and Dialga. See for yourself.
    The point was that it's still supposed to be pretty heavy in pokemon world standards, and yet it's not as heavy as a real world cow.

Gyarados' enteries in almost all of the games are pretty far-out, as seen here ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gyarados_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29 )...and will anyone care to explain how a water-type pokemon can "burn everything to the ground with intensely hot flames" (Emerald dex entery)? I also find it kind of interesting that Magikarp's brain "undergoes structural transformation" (Ruby Dex entery) when it evolves. Now, to me, that implies changes at the MOLECULAR level -- pretty far-fetched, in my opinion.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Visit Pokemon Coordinator's Youtube Channel

Raichu's Ruby and Emerald dexes are kinda distrubing

Ruby - If the electrical sacks become excessively charged, Raichu plants its tail in the ground and discharges. Scorched patches of ground will be found near this Pokémon's nest.

Emerald - If it stores too much electricity, its behavior turns aggressive. To avoid this, it occasionally discharges excess energy and calms itself down.

Actually..it's Pearl is as well..

Pearl - It turns agressive if it has too much electricity in its body. It discharges power through its tail.
    Will update this bloody signature

Blog Entries

I don't see how that's at all disturbing. We've seen that electric Pokemon get a bit weird when they build up electricity, and Raichu is getting rid of it the safe way by channeling it into the ground. I mean, if it went out shocking Magikarp, then its disturbing.

Blog Entries

Visit Pokemon Coordinator's Youtube Channel

Okay, maybe not disturbing, but kinda perverted.
    Will update this bloody signature

Blog Entries

Oh boy. Rhydon sounds great...

Ruby: "Rhydon's horn can crush even uncut diamonds. One sweeping blow of its tail can topple a building. This Pokémon's hide is extremely tough. Even direct cannon hits don't leave a scratch." --Yeah right, yeah right, sure, and yeah right.

Red/Blue: "Protected by an armor-like hide, it is capable of living in molten lava of 3,600 degrees." --No.
    Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    The same is true for the rest of your classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Tsutomu View Post
    What alarms?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki View Post
    Okay, maybe not disturbing, but kinda perverted.
    If perverted you mean:

per·vert·ed
    –adjective 1.Pathology. changed to or being of an unnatural or abnormal kind: a perverted interest in death. 2.turned from what is right; wicked; misguided; distorted. 3.affected with or caused by perversion.

I still don't see how that fits the description. I mean from what I'm reading, what Raichu is doing is trying to keep it's true nature from being perverted into that violent rodent it would otherwise become.

If you mean perverted as in:

perverted
    adjective1. (used of sexual behavior) showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes; "kinky sex"; "perverted practices" [syn: kinky]

Then perhaps you are reading it wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast