Insane Pokémon Fact Entries - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Insane Pokémon Fact Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarHero View Post
    Omg are you serious? I thought some of the facts were odd or farfetchd' (bad pun) but this is just hilarious.
    Yeah, they even make a reference to the Eiffel Tower, which is sort of interesting. Stadium 1 and 2 seem to have quite crazy entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus Is Lord View Post

I just had to do it. Poorly.
    lol, yes that's what the entry seems to imply.

Blog Entries

Hey, Alakazam uses its psychic powers to hold its head up because its muscles are too weak. It is has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world.
    Why is it people keep thinking Psychic powers = High IQ or vice versa......

-Dragnoite circling the world in 16 hours. Perhaps if it was circling it from the Arctic circle, then yes, but I have a hard time believing that such a fat Pokemon can travel so fast, not to mention the other Pokemon who are able to surpass it in speed.

-Wailord's size:weight ratio. Last I checked, that made it less dense than water, yet we can clearlysee it swimming deep below the waves.

One I just found is graveler's ruby dex entrie-
    'This pokemon eats its way through a ton of rocks on a daily basis.'
    remember this thing only weighs 230lbs- HOW can it eat through 1 ton a day?!
    Just because we eat 1 pound of food, doesn't mea we automatically gain 1 pound. It's burned off fairly easily as energy to keep us alive, but still quite a stretch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L
    Wailord's size:weight ratio. Last I checked, that made it less dense than water, yet we can clearlysee it swimming deep below the waves.
    That's the anime. In the Colosseums (and, presumably, Battle Revolution...haven't played it), it floats (granted, ALL of the swimming water types mysteriously float, but at least with Wailord it makes sense). Besides, just because you're less dense than water doesn't mean you CAN'T go beneath the surface. It just means you're not inclined towards it. Maybe it swallows water in order to go lower, like how people have to wear weights to go deep-sea diving.

Dragnoite circling the world in 16 hours. Perhaps if it was circling it from the Arctic circle, then yes, but I have a hard time believing that such a fat Pokemon can travel so fast, not to mention the other Pokemon who are able to surpass it in speed.
    Well, it obviously doesn't rely solely on its wings (there's NO WAY those wings can support that body mass without some sort of outside/inside help), so whatever method gets it flying most likely contributes to its flight speed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    That's the anime. In the Colosseums (and, presumably, Battle Revolution...haven't played it), it floats (granted, ALL of the swimming water types mysteriously float, but at least with Wailord it makes sense).
    It doesn't make sense if they float on air, not water. Wailord is able to dive in RSE, and it makes absolutely no sense for an aquatic Pokemon to have such difficulty diving.

Besides, just because you're less dense than water doesn't mean you CAN'T go beneath the surface. It just means you're not inclined towards it. Maybe it swallows water in order to go lower, like how people have to wear weights to go deep-sea diving.
    Like I've already mentioned, it makes no sense for an ocean dwelling Pokemon to not be inclined to dive into deep waters.

Well, it obviously doesn't rely solely on its wings (there's NO WAY those wings can support that body mass without some sort of outside/inside help), so whatever method gets it flying most likely contributes to its flight speed.
    Obviously, and I had taken into account that perhaps its bones are hollow and are filled with something like Helium to help it float, or even hydrogen which can explain its fire-breathing abilities if those gases come from an internal organ.

However, that only goes as far as to explain how it is able to fly, but not how it is able to fly at those speeds.

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ookido View Post
    For example, this is an Pokedex entry for Machamp (from FireRed, though I believe I've seen it somewhere else before):
    "Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds." Take a moment to think over this one. Try throwing a punch. Sure, Machamp may have four arms, but two seconds?
    I heard somewhere that Machamp can supposedly throw something/one over the moon, too.

Ponyta can leap tall buildings in a single bound. It's like the Superman Pokemon.
    I think that Blaziken is said to do the same thing in a R/S/E dex entry.

"Aron has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this pokemon can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a handy meal for the pokemon." -Aron (obviously)

Usually, something about 1'04" like Aron should be smashed or ran over by a dump truck, not the other way around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    It doesn't make sense if they float on air, not water. Wailord is able to dive in RSE, and it makes absolutely no sense for an aquatic Pokemon to have such difficulty diving.
    Maybe I'm misreading your post...but where's the difficulty?

Like I've already mentioned, it makes no sense for an ocean dwelling Pokemon to not be inclined to dive into deep waters.
    Why?

Obviously, and I had taken into account that perhaps its bones are hollow and are filled with something like Helium to help it float, or even hydrogen which can explain its fire-breathing abilities if those gases come from an internal organ.
    Might not just be helium or hydrogen. We're dealing with a fictional world where psychic powers are known to exist. Could be some sort of psychic assistance (nothing to back that up with, admittedly, but it's a theory). Hydrogen/helium makes more practical sense, but unless we can get a more detailed entry...nothing's certain.

However, that only goes as far as to explain how it is able to fly, but not how it is able to fly at those speeds.
    Some sort of psychic assistance could explain that. Maybe a limited psychic ability that neutralizes gravity and friction/wind resistance. But now I'm just BSing stuff that would be more appropriate to the Pokemon World forum, so I'll shut up now. But, basically, if you can explain how it gets airborne (which we know, for a fact, it can do), maybe we can explain how it attains such speed (if, in fact, it can).

That's another thing that bothers me...alot of the Pokemon seem bizarrely underweight, and this was more of a problem back in the older days. Snorlax, the heaviest, isn't even as heavy as a real world cow.

Fucking Nidoking, with all that armor, is about the weight of like a young teenage male.

Blog Entries

What's weird is that large Pokemon are underweight, while some smaller creatures re way too heavy for their size.

Maybe I'm misreading your post...but where's the difficulty?
    Difficulty being that Wailord has to swallow a large amount of water to have itself sink, but then, atleast being less dense than water helps it get back to the surface when it needs air.

Why?
    Considering most of its food is under the waves, it would be hard for it to get to them if it can't even get its mouth in the water, unless you want to argue that it eats Peliper.

I mean, have you tried to sink an inflated baloon? I have, and its not easy.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 16th May 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Difficulty being that Wailord has to swallow a large amount of water to have itself sink, but then, atleast being less dense than water helps it get back to the surface when it needs air.
    I just consider it one of the mysteries of the Pokemon world. Certain things only make sense in certain ways.

Considering most of its food is under the waves, it would be hard for it to get to them if it can't even get its mouth in the water, unless you want to argue that it eats Peliper.

I mean, have you tried to sink an inflated baloon? I have, and its not easy.
    Well, with the Pokemon world, it's unclear WHAT it eats, so who knows HOW far it needs to dive? And you're right about the balloon...I just wish I could remember how much weight is needed to offset buoyancy. But, now that I think of it, a lack of weight doesn't equal a lack of buoyancy, it just means it's a little harder for it to dive deep (which we covered). I mean, how much water is needed to make its weight high enough to cause it to sink? Maybe the lack of weight is due to a lack of body tissue or certain internal organs (it's the Pokemon world...maybe it's just a big whale balloon). Would be interesting to see a physicist or biolgist's take on some of these Pokemon. Plenty of explanations for how certain super powers could work. Let's see some for how certain Pokemon could work.

Quote Originally Posted by flaming infernape View Post
    I heard somewhere that Machamp can supposedly throw something/one over the moon, too.

I think that Blaziken is said to do the same thing in a R/S/E dex entry.

"Aron has a body of steel. With one all-out charge, this pokemon can demolish even a heavy dump truck. The destroyed dump truck then becomes a handy meal for the pokemon." -Aron (obviously)

Usually, something about 1'04" like Aron should be smashed or ran over by a dump truck, not the other way around.
    I think Machamp can only throw things over the horizon. Red/Blue: "Using its heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victim clear over the horizon." There are a bunch of game entries stating that Machamp can throwing opponents over the horizon.

Sapphire: "Blaziken has incredibly strong legs - it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap. This Pokémon's blazing punches leave its foes scorched and blackened. "
    I think Ponyta jumps higher. Is the Eiffel Tower taller than the average 30 story building?
    Aron? Yeah it would make more sense if it were Aggron...
    Quote Originally Posted by Habunake View Post
    That's another thing that bothers me...alot of the Pokemon seem bizarrely underweight, and this was more of a problem back in the older days. Snorlax, the heaviest, isn't even as heavy as a real world cow.

Fucking Nidoking, with all that armor, is about the weight of like a young teenage male.
    Good point there, an adult steer (cattle) weighs about 600-900 kg on average, according to wikipedia. Snorlax weighs 460 kg. Yet its supposed to be pretty damn heavy. Well they are Pokemon...
    Would be interesting to see a physicist or biolgist's take on some of these Pokemon. Plenty of explanations for how certain super powers could work. Let's see some for how certain Pokemon could work.
    Heh, Pokemon defies biology like a mother, man. Take evolution for example. A biologist's nightmare... Explain how a mouse can shock people, lol.

Flareon is crazy. 1650 degrees F and has a flame sac.
    So fake.

Blog Entries

Is the Eiffel Tower taller than the average 30 story building?
    If you count the radio antenna on it, the Tower is 1,063 ft high, without the antenna it's 986 ft high.

Still a leap over a 30 story building is quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post

If you count the radio antenna on it, the Tower is 1,063 ft high, without the antenna it's 986 ft high.

Still a leap over a 30 story building is quite impressive.

Yeah, I suppose it's still quite impressive. But according to Wikipedia, the Eiffel Tower's height is equivalent to about 81 levels in a conventional building. Which is pretty frickin high then. Wow, ponyta, who knew you were so buff?

It gets better in the FireRed dex. "Its body is light, and its legs are incredibly powerful. It can clear Ayers Rock in one leap."

That's 863 meters (2,831 ft)!!!

Blog Entries

Heh, Pokemon defies biology like a mother, man. Take evolution for example. A biologist's nightmare... Explain how a mouse can shock people, lol.
    Hey, scientists with nothing better to do have tried to explain Super Man's powers, so I'm pretty sure its not that hard for Pokemon. (especially when you consider all the theories proposed in the Pokemon World Forum which could make sense)

As for a mouse who shocks people, how do you explain an eel?

Also, Ditto. Self explanitory.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 18th May 2008 at 10:27 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast