If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 132

Thread: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

  1. #31
    Registered User Magmaster12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    My MOM
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    13
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless View Post
    That doesn't explain why there are large beefy electric... gorilla things... in your area. O_o
    Elekid and Electabuzz usually appear in power plants

  2. #32
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Hmm... Well, I'd try to get my team, as well as some other along the way, simply because I like them. I'd take on gyms, take on the league... frankly, I'd be an Ash. And then, I'd get so good, people would go around asking, "Hey, I'm I'm looking for a trainer named *insert real name* from *insert home town*. You know him?"

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  3. #33
    I need to catch up! Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Johto Region
    Posts
    1,125

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    I honestly don't know...Contests sound like a lot of fun, I have always enjoyed tournament-style competition. I might end up focusing on the fighting part too much, though.

    Also, being a Pokémon Ranger would be cool as well.

    I can't decide on my starter, it would be either Torchic, Mudkip, or Bulbasaur.

    My Pokémon I catch or evolve would (hopefully) include:

    Espeon
    Blastoise or Wartortle
    Shinx
    Raichu
    Absol
    Meganium
    Growlithe

    Pokémon I would love to see or own but the chances are low of either:

    Dratini
    Last edited by Quest; 21st August 2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Under Construction
    My FC: 3095-1554-4236

    My DeviantArt Page
    -- I claimed Kris <3

  4. #34
    Azumarill May Cry AJW12777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    303
    Blog Entries
    5

    Follow AJW12777 on Tumblr Visit AJW12777's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    I'd be another Ash, only darker and with Raichu and Azumarill as starters.

    With those 2 I'd also have Sceptile, Infernape, Flygon, and probably Nidoqueen or Lopunny.
    Proud Claimer of Azumarill!!!!
    http://azuzusthings.tumblr.com/ <-----My Tumblr page :]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KollinNaples <------My Youtube page :)

  5. #35
    The Radical Dreamer Mostly Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    628
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    I honestly don't know...Contests sound like a lot of fun, I have always enjoyed tournament-style competition. I might end up focusing on the fighting part too much, though.

    Also, being a Pokémon Ranger would be cool as well.

    I can't decide on my starter, it would be either Torchic, Mudkip, or Bulbasaur.

    My Pokémon I catch or evolve would (hopefully) include:

    Espeon
    Blastoise or Wartortle
    Shinx
    Raichu
    Absol
    Meganium

    Pokémon I would love to see or own but the chances are low of either:

    Dratini
    Growlithe
    Why can't you get a Growlithe? Come on man, believe in yourself!

    RPs as Gold and Brock from Pokemon Adventures

    Claimed Gengar, Pichu Little (Pichu Brothers) and Ruby's Celebi

  6. #36
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless View Post
    Why can't you get a Growlithe? Come on man, believe in yourself!
    It's simple. He lives in a Vulpix Dimension.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  7. #37
    The Radical Dreamer Mostly Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    628
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Well, I always live in a Growlithe dimension, so I can pass on to you!

    RPs as Gold and Brock from Pokemon Adventures

    Claimed Gengar, Pichu Little (Pichu Brothers) and Ruby's Celebi

  8. #38
    Registered User Dusktrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Realisticly, it would be really hard to be a Pokemon master and stuff. The routes would be 3 times larger than they are in the games...and instead of just one or two rivals, you would be up against the whole world, everybody would be serious trainers, not just random NPCs who never move. Plus rare Pokemon would be hard to find....the caves and dungeons would be dangerous instead of fustrating...

    I think I would not be able to survive. I think I would just catch some Pokemon in the tall grass outside of our town...and battle my neighbors.

  9. #39
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusktrainer View Post
    Realisticly, it would be really hard to be a Pokemon master and stuff. The routes would be 3 times larger than they are in the games...and instead of just one or two rivals, you would be up against the whole world, everybody would be serious trainers, not just random NPCs who never move. Plus rare Pokemon would be hard to find....the caves and dungeons would be dangerous instead of fustrating...
    This is very true, though the part of the dungeons being dangerous, you have to take into consideration that seriously trained pokemon would be able to do a pretty good job at protecting you in there, even if they aren't much compared with the rest of trainers.
    After all the people in the games often say that trained pokemon are stronger than wild, and unless you are ridiculously underleveled (which would be the equivalent to getting to an actually highly dangerous area that you are by far not ready to get into) most will pokemon won't give you much problem.

    The main and constant problem that could put you in serious danger are the trainers obsessed with fighting you.

  10. #40
    Registered User Dusktrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    This is very true, though the part of the dungeons being dangerous, you have to take into consideration that seriously trained pokemon would be able to do a pretty good job at protecting you in there, even if they aren't much compared with the rest of trainers.
    After all the people in the games often say that trained pokemon are stronger than wild, and unless you are ridiculously underleveled (which would be the equivalent to getting to an actually highly dangerous area that you are by far not ready to get into) most will pokemon won't give you much problem.

    The main and constant problem that could put you in serious danger are the trainers obsessed with fighting you.
    Actually I was refering to the dangers of getting lost or falling off a cliff, but you do have a point.

  11. #41
    Registered User D.S. Delano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    I would be a Ghost and Dark type pokemon trainer and i'll do both contests and gyms. And i will only capture Ghost and Dark pokemon. And learn all about Ghost and Dark types and display their special abilities in a cool way. And start my journey partnered up with a duskull ^_^

    As for pokemon:
    Dusknoir
    drifblim
    Drapion
    Sharpedo
    Houndoom
    Spiritomb

  12. #42
    The Radical Dreamer Mostly Harmless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    628
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by D.S. Delano View Post
    I would be a Ghost and Dark type pokemon trainer and i'll do both contests and gyms. And i will only capture Ghost and Dark pokemon. And learn all about Ghost and Dark types and display their special abilities in a cool way. And start my journey partnered up with a duskull ^_^

    As for pokemon:
    Dusknoir
    drifblim
    Drapion
    Sharpedo
    Houndoom
    Spiritomb
    I would use a Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar to conquer fear.
    I think that I'd be much less afraid of things, and feel better about life in general if I had a frickin' ghost as my best friend. (All other Ghost Pokemon pale in comparison to Gengar The Great!)

    In fact, thinking about it makes me want a ghost for a friend right now.

    RPs as Gold and Brock from Pokemon Adventures

    Claimed Gengar, Pichu Little (Pichu Brothers) and Ruby's Celebi

  13. #43
    Registered User D.S. Delano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless View Post
    I would use a Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar to conquer fear.
    I think that I'd be much less afraid of things, and feel better about life in general if I had a frickin' ghost as my best friend. (All other Ghost Pokemon pale in comparison to Gengar The Great!)

    In fact, thinking about it makes me want a ghost for a friend right now.
    spiritomb is for that :P and i never said i would not have a gengar just not in my team until i need it.
    and Drapion is scarier looking than most things XD

  14. #44
    契約?
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Iris's hair
    Posts
    447

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    Training pokemon is ok, but I'd be more into research. Not only would it be a pipedream to actually compete in a league (or heck, even get any gym badges. There's a reason everyone is so shocked when they see you even have one badge in the games), but researching the mysteries of the pokemon world would be fun!

    Find out more about the Unown, come to understand ghost pokemon better, learn which pokemon really did come from space and which have been here since the beginning...I just think it'd be cool. I'd especially make an issue of koiking. All the games talk about how its existence baffles scientists, I'd love to find out what DID happen to this pokemon to make it so pathetic.

    Also since I'd only be researching, I wouldn't need to worry about having super pumped up pokemon. Could just go with monsters I consider my favorites. Probably a line up looking something like...

    Pichu
    Koiking (And would totally baby it out of love and pity <3)
    Ruriri
    Yomawaru
    Jibacoil (would raise it from a Coil. There's no way I'd stand any chance at getting a Jibacoil in the wild :p)

    And maybe a Pi or Pippi...but only if I could find and successfully catch one.

  15. #45
    Badass The revolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: If You Were Starting Your Own Pokemon Journey

    I would follow the trio like they follow ash.

    I would steal one random thing per episode.

    James right shoe

    Meowths coin

    Jessies sleeping bag

    Real annoying stuff.

    Then they would wake up in the morning and it would be there but something els would be missing

    The other shoe

    Toothbrush

    A clump of hair shaved off

    Also I would find jigglypuff some earphones have her sing and then draw all over them with the jigglypuff.

    I would also mess with there heads other ways.

    Like steal pikachu and give it to them just so it shocks them

    Then have jigglypuff put pikachu to sleep

    Then return it to ash who never knows that it happend
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=41677

    A chapter from my story. Please give it a read and review if you are over 17

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •