If you were a Pokemon trainer what type of Pokemon would you train and why?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were a Pokemon trainer what type of Pokemon would you train and why?

Default If you were a Pokemon trainer what type of Pokemon would you train and why?

OK so first off i just want to say sorry if this thread already exists somewhere. if not then good. the point of this thread is self explanatory however you do only get to choose one main type of pokemon. (if the pokemon has two types its ok as long as one of those types is consistent with your main type i.e. my type is ice froslass is ice ghost) so lets have some fun.

OK now ill start us off. i would have to go with ice types, my starting one would be glaceon. the reason i would choose ice is because i got hot really easy and i could cuddle up with my ice types and cool off. also i love the hail and snow and i could have them use hail or blizzard and have a nice snow day. i also just have always loved ice.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: If you were a Pokemon trainer what type of Pokemon would you train and why?

Hmm...I'd have to say...Ground. A lot of my favourite Pokémon belong to that type (So many that it's hard to choose my team!). Also, the type has some nice type combinations.

Pokémon I like that are Ground-type include: Donphan, Doryuzu, Flygon, Mamoswine, Torterra, Waruvial and Whiscash.

Useful Ground-types not in the previous list include: Camerupt, Garchomp and Swampert.

Default Re: If you were a Pokemon trainer what type of Pokemon would you train and why?

Ghost. I love the designs, the moves, and the Pokémon. They're just badass.

Also, Haunter!

Other wise, it will die horribly.

That is tough, yo. Let's see, if I had to choose just ONE type, it would be one of these five, because they're my top five favorite types.

Flying, Dark, Electric, Fire, Dragon. coughandmaybeghostandpsychicaswell.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

Electric! My favourite type! Go Pikachu!

Registered Poké-Addict Strato Lucario's Avatar

Firstly, just to point out, I am technically a Pokemon Trainer, as a play at least one Pokemon game. But I understand that this thread is about 'if you were reborn in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova and became a real life trainer'. So, carrying on....

I would probably find a Riolu egg somewhere, and carry on to have a mixed team. I like Riolu (and eventually Lucario) because of their awesome aura powers, and Lucario's typing.
    "I bought the Christian version of Pokemon the other day. But for some reason, my Pokemon won't evolve..."- Anonymous.

Blog Entries

I would probably have to choose the.....the.....the.....AHHHHHHHH!!! I can't decide between water or flying....but I have ultimately decided water. I love the water and I grew up in a seaside city and I just love being in, and on water. This would probably be my team.

My starter would probably be Squirtle and evolve it into Blastoise. Once I was completed with my team, this is what it would look like:

Blastoise, Milotic, Lapras, Kabutops, Crawdaunt, Wailord
    Croconaw is officially claimed!

Quote Originally Posted by Time
    Did Ghastly come from a fart, or something? And why is it poisonous?

Christian Brutal Sniper! Dark Tranquillity's Avatar
    The Gallery, walking amongst the portraits. Where every picture holds a tale.

Dragon:
    Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)
    Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
    Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
    Salamence (Dragon/Flying)
    Kingdra (Dragon/Water)
    Flygon (Dragon/Ground)

Why?
    Ever since I've gotten back into Pokemon, It's made me appreciate the Dragon mythos(<right word?) a lot more.

or...

Fire:
    Typhlosion (Fire)
    Infernape (Fire/Fighting)
    Charizard (Fire/Flying)
    Blaziken (Fire/Fighting)
    Magmortar (Fire)
    Rapidash (Fire)

Why?
    When it comes to the three types the starter Pokemon are in each game, I've always liked the fire starter better than the others. Fire just seems more powerful to me.

Those are just some possibilities.
    SS FC: 4984 7968 7958, Pt. FC: 2666 0837 1829
    Name for both: Ben, White FC: 1978 9611 8922 Name: Alexi

Claims:
    Force Palm, Nidoqueen, Maylene, Old Chateau, Magma Leader, Magmarizer, Great Ball, Heavy Metal

Fun fact:
    TM28 contains Tombstony!

"My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic" fans unite!
    http://www.everypony.com/forums/forum.php

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

The ??? type ;p

Seriously though, ever since the Lavender Tower experience I've loved the Ghost type. Its creepy, has awesome moves & members (Froslass ftw!) and has as many immunities as it has weaknesses.

In fact I live like one door down from a church cemetery so if pokémon were real I could easily catch a ghastly and go from there :D

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Mix between Eletric and Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    The ??? type ;p

Seriously though, ever since the Lavender Tower experience I've loved the Ghost type. Its creepy, has awesome moves & members (Froslass ftw!) and has as many immunities as it has weaknesses.

In fact I live like one door down from a church cemetery so if pokémon were real I could easily catch a ghastly and go from there :D
    They removed ??? in B/W. Depressing, isn't it?

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is tough, but I say fire types. They typically have nice stats and awesome designs.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a few ties here but this is my top.

Dragon type

Dragonite
    Salamance
    Garchomp
    Flygon
    Kingdra
    That dark/dragon type pokemon from black and white that i dont know the name of.

Fighting type
    Machamp
    Ludiacario
    Medacham
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmontop
    Blazeakin

I'm just a holy fool. .:Solstice:.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    Dragon type

Dragonite
    Salamance
    Garchomp
    Flygon
    Kingdra
    That dark/dragon type pokemon from black and white that i dont know the name of.

O_____O
    THIS, is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Blog Entries

I would be a Dragon type trainer with Salamence leading my team
    and the rest of my team will be Flygon,Rayquaza,Kingdra, Giratina, and Latios.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy0337 View Post
    Depressing, isn't it?
    Brain the size of a planet and the ask me to take you to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't.

Ahem. References aside, the normal type. Why?

NORMAL TEAM:
    Porygon line: Nuff said. How's the first digital pokemon goin' for ya?
    Furret: Built for mediocre speed- Me First on a Snorlax or any Dig/Fly/Diver is trollolol

Those two are just a start.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast