Basically, if you could run a Pokémon Gym of your own;
• What kind of Pokémon would you use?
• What kind of battlefield would you have to battle on?
• Would you have a scoreboard like the one in some gyms like Roxie?
• Would you have an official referee or a robotic one like Volkner?
• How many Pokémon would you allow in matches for yourself and the trainer?
• Would you allow yourself and the trainer the ability to switch out Pokémon during the match?
• If you were one of the 8 gyms highlighted in the anime/games what would you like your badge design to look like?
• Say a trainer had their first Pokémon Gym match at your gym would you use lower level Pokémon against their starter team?
• What city/region would you establish yourself in?
• Would you be the type of leader like Fantina that closes the gym randomly to go out and travel on your own?
• What kind of battles would you have single, double, triple or a mix of them like Juan did in Hoenn having a Double Battle then single elimination afterwards.
Honestly, I don’t see myself using only one type of Pokémon so I would probably be like Blue and use all kind of types. If anything I think that would be best for any trainer I would be facing to adapt to the different kinds of Pokémon they will encounter during the league and on their journey.
In terms of what kind of battle that is a tough one I enjoy double battles as much as single matches. Haven’t done too many triple matches though. I might be like Greta from the Battle Frontier and have a wheel for the trainer to spin to decide what kind of battle it would be.
I would definitely have a scoreboard just for the added effect. Not sure what region/city I would establish myself in but I wouldn’t be like some leaders and just close the gym for long periods of time. Of course, I’d take some breaks to give my team a rest or to train but not for a long time. Probably during league time or something since trainers would be busy during competition and they already have the badges that they need.
Its hard to say but I would probably use Pokemon at different strengths depending on the trainer I’m facing. Say I was the 1st or 3rd leader they faced, I wouldn’t use like a Charizard or Milotic you know? I would use Pokemon that would put up a good fight in order to not completely crush them. However, I wouldn’t go easy on them if I did…
I’d let both sides be able to switch Pokemon during the match. Also, I would probably change the number of Pokemon used well if I’m using the wheel that doesn’t really matter.