If you ran a Pokémon Gym what kind of leader would you be? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you ran a Pokémon Gym what kind of leader would you be?

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Default Re: If you ran a Pokémon Gym what kind of leader would you be?

• What kind of Pokémon would you use?

Dark, I suppose.

• What kind of battlefield would you have to battle on?

A theater. Because I just think that'd be awesome.

• Would you have a scoreboard like the one in some gyms like Roxie?

Probably not. But since it's a theater, it would be pretty cool if you could hear the crowd clapping between moves.

• Would you have an official referee or a robotic one like Volkner?

Neither, preferably. I'd probably be the kind that occasionally tries to cheat.

• How many Pokémon would you allow in matches for yourself and the trainer?

All eight.

• Would you allow yourself and the trainer the ability to switch out Pokémon during the match?

Yeah, might as well.

• If you were one of the 8 gyms highlighted in the anime/games what would you like your badge design to look like?

A black sword.

• Say a trainer had their first Pokémon Gym match at your gym would you use lower level Pokémon against their starter team?

No way. Show no mercy.

• What city/region would you establish yourself in?

Somewhere in Unova. Black Opelucid, maybe.

• Would you be the type of leader like Fantina that closes the gym randomly to go out and travel on your own?

No, but since the gym would also be a theater, it'd likely be closed for performances fairly often anyway.

• What kind of battles would you have single, double, triple or a mix of them like Juan did in Hoenn having a Double Battle then single elimination afterwards.

Single.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

I think a swimmer gym leader that uses some kind of cheap shell smash team would be funny.

You don't know me. Jack Pschitt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for making the format for me, Pyra

Dark, with hints of Ghost and Poison.

I have no idea-- ooh, ooh, I know! An abandoned lot.

No. It's an abandoned lot.

Neither. Just you and me, sucker.

Six.

• Would you allow yourself and the trainer the ability to switch out Pokémon during the match?

Well, duh.

• If you were one of the 8 gyms highlighted in the anime/games what would you like your badge design to look like?

I have no idea. A bottle cap I find in the grass-filled cracks of the concrete.

• Say a trainer had their first Pokémon Gym match at your gym would you use lower level Pokémon against their starter team?

No.

Johto, because I'm biased.

• Would you be the type of leader like Fantina that closes the gym randomly to go out and travel on your own?

Yes. I have a life, too, ya know.

• What kind of battles would you have single, double, triple or a mix of them like Juan did in Hoenn having a Double Battle then single elimination afterwards.

Single.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Grass. \o/

Hmm a greenhouse filled with all kinds of plants.

Sure, why not? Makes it easier to keep track of things. xD

An official referee.

Three's not enough for me! I want full 6 on 6 battles! D:<

No way. They're stuck with what they pick so they better make their decisions wisely.

Umm.....a tulip? Has no idea

Ehehe. Nah. If they lose they're welcome to come back and visit me as many times as they like though. ;D

Unova. Cause it's my fave region.

Probably not.

Why isn't rotation an option? D:
    IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station

What kind of Pokémon would you use?

Since I'm recently fascinated by flying type pokemon, I'd use them.I'd have: Swoobat,Swanna,Emolga,Togekiss,Honchkrow and Altaria.

What kind of battlefield would you have to battle on?

Don't really know,but I suppose me and the challenger would be on high platforms and the battlefield would be full of confusing pillars.

Would you have a scoreboard like the one in some gyms like Roxie?

No.

Would you have an official referee or a robotic one like Volkner?

Official referee.

How many Pokémon would you allow in matches for yourself and the trainer?

six on six.

Would you allow yourself and the trainer the ability to switch out Pokémon during the match?

No.

If you were one of the 8 gyms highlighted in the anime/games what would you like your badge design to look like?
    Don't really know.

Say a trainer had their first Pokémon Gym match at your gym would you use lower level Pokémon against their starter team?

yes.

What city/region would you establish yourself in?

Probably in Sinnoh, in Sunyshore city.

What kind of battles would you have single, double, triple or a mix of them like Juan did in Hoenn having a Double Battle then single elimination afterwards.

I'd have one triple battle and the other singles.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

If I ran a Pokémon gym, I'd use a mixed team. It would be to challenge the challenger with different types and strategies, to better them as a trainer. My strategies would change entirely depending on what Pokémon they and I are using, so they'd have to think. A lot. I'd use a variety of Pokémon, but my stars would be Pikachu, Volcarona, Vanilluxe, Flygon, Espeon, Swampert, Pikachu, Magnezone, Zoroark, Arcanine, Gallade, Lapras, Lucario, Hydregion and Slowking. In a match using my strongest, I'd use Pikachu, Hydregion, Volcarona, Espeon, Lucario and Vanilluxe.

I'd have a normal battlefield, up to a point. The point is, every time two Pokémon faint, the battlefield changes. It changes to many things, icy, rocky, water with floating pads, ect. This is to test the challenger in a variety of environments. The last Pokémon for either side fights on a normal battlefield.

I'd have an official referee.

I'd allow a 3 on 3 or 6 on 6 battle, depending on the challenger. Not at the same time, though. Only the challenger would be able to substitute. In addition, the challenger will be able to fight a single and double battle, or choose to do just one. The double battle will be 4 on 4 or 6 on 6, and only the challenger will be allowed substitutions. There's also a fun round where I'd team up with the referee to face two challengers in a double battle, 4 on 4 or 6 on 6.

I'd like my badge to be a pokéball badge, just looking like a regular pokéball. If they win both battle, they instead get the badge that looks like a master ball. If they team up and face me, both get one that looks like a premier ball.

If they had their first gym match at my gym, I'd treat them like any other trainer. It'd help them learn that there are people much stronger than they are, and that they need to strive to get there. Or it could crush their hopes of becoming strong. Hopefully the former.

I'd establish myself primarily in Kanto, mainly so I can visit Prof. Oak often. I like Prof. Oak. However, I'd also have bases in other regions so that I can be called to meet a challenger specifying to challenge me. If I can't get there, the referees have permission to battle themselves and give out badges. I will have awesome referees.

I'd be a travelling gym leader. I'd have fast transport so I can easily get to my gym, but I'd love travelling and researching, with professors and Cynthia. Because she likes ruins. And ruins are awesome.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, lots to think about here. Well, for my theme, I can't really decide. I originally thought of Normal or Water, but a good theme for me, I think, would actually be Eeveelutions. They're all decent to very good and with the right strategy can be great battlers.
    Now, the Gym would be set up into sections: the entrance would be a normal, linoleum-tiled little room. Go in further and you'd find the first section, Fire for Flareon. To the left and right would be Water and Electric, Vaporeon and Jolteon. From either of those two one would find either Psychic (Espeon) or Dark (Umbreon), depending on which room you came from. From those two you'd either wind up in Grass, Leafeon, or Ice, Glaceon, before heading into the final room to fight me. It'd be a circle so whichever direction taken you'd wind up in the center.
    The battlefield would be like a dance floor but coated in sealant to protect it from wear and tear. Every time I switched out a Pokémon, the floor would change colors to correspond with the Eeveelution's type.
    For beginning trainers, my team would be two Eevee and the three original evolutions: Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon. I'd go easy on the newbies.
    For more experienced trainers, my team would probably be Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Eevee, and Glaceon.
    For those super experienced, one-or-two-Gyms-away-from-the-League trainers, my team would be Vaporeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon, Lefeon, and Jolteon, with better moves and a more complex strategy.
    I'd be housed in Johto, of course, because I got into Pokémon in Gen. 2 and it is therefore my 'home region'. Most likely Olivine because I love port towns and boats in general.

Edit: I just thought of a better badge design! A flash shaped badge with silver on the outside and pearly white on the inside, like a Pokémon evolving.

Would probably have a scoreboard to keep track of everything, because it'd be cool.
    That's about it, lol.
    Last edited by Miles101; 25th September 2012 at 05:07 PM.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Psychic, with some Ghost.

On top of a battlefield modeled off of spoons.

Yes. It's made of spoons.

Nope. I can count!

Any amount to their dreams.

-nods-

A spoon.

Quite possibly not. The trainer was an idiot for choosing this gym first.

Kanto. I want to overthrow Sabrina.

Yes, during weekends.

To the battler's dreams.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

FOSSILZ!! BECUZ FOSSILZ ARE COOL!!

But seriously, I'd like to use Rock-types (or maybe Steel-types if possible)

I guess I'd use a field with loads of boulders. Or, I'd like a field with metal plates and machines that function as traps XDD.

Yeah. That looked awesome :)

The official referee like in Roxie's gym XDD A real enthusiast, and someone who'd be able to be a host as well.

I'd like 4:4 like Tate & Liza's gym in Emerald. Of course... as a double battle!

Nah. I'd only allow the challenger to switch.

• If you were one of the 8 gyms highlighted in the anime/games what would you like your badge design to look like
    ?

Swords crossed behind a diamond.

Not necessarily lower (a level 10 Piplup Starter easily pwns a level 14 Cranidos) , but since a gym leader also has to contribute to the trainer's experience, I'd use a pokemon that's somewhat close to their level.

Hoenn or Sinnoh. I'd love to take over Slateport or Canalave - places where there's a harbor with loads of tourists so I can learn something new everyday.

Maybe, but at least I'd post a sign on when I'd come back.

I'd prefer double battles, as I noted above.

Team level

1st ~ 3rd gym: Cranidos, Archen, Aron, Shieldon (Ace: Cranidos)

4th ~ 6th gym: Cranidos, Archeops, Lairon, Shieldon (Ace: Archeops)

7th ~ 8th gym: Rampardos, Archeops, Aggron, Bastiodon (Ace: Aggron)
    Last edited by Yato; 24th September 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh, great thread idea.
    Let's see;

Random-type. Serperior, Jellicent, Haxorus, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, and Ampharos

Just simple. Pink-colored hall with mathematical things and photography.

That would be interesting :)

Mh... just an official referee

three

It depends on situation

A pink circle with a bright-pink-colored heart-shaped around the circle

They must level up their Pokemon before battling me, just basic training ._.

Nuvema Town, Unova

Yes. I close the gym randomly when I go teaching students at school.

Triple! :)

Dark and Psychic-types only. Namely: Bisharp, Metagross, Hydreigon, Weavile, Espeon and Zoroark.

An abadoned asylum, overgrown by all sorts of plants which, from the inside, is designed to look like you're walking on the ceiling.

No, i really don't like the idea of a scoreboard.

None of the above. I'd most likely even forbid any third voice during a battle.

Six.

Absolutely! Anything else would take away from the strategy..! (And i'd be to easy to beat, let's be honest. :P)

Teeth forming an insane grin. Only teeth, no lips, no face.

Nein. I'd be pretty pitiless when it comes to these sorts of issues.

Dark City. Because eventually someone had to become the Gym-Leader there.

Most likely, yes.

Only singles.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Types
    DARK Mostly:Hydriegon,Trynaritar,Weavile,Absol,Zoarark

Battlefield
    A dark stadium with no lights

Scoreboard
    No

Referee
    ROBOTIC

Pokemon

Switch
    Yeah

Badge
    A circular badge with red and black dots

City
    Blackthorn

Would you be the type of leader like Fantina that closes the gym randomly to go out and travel on your own?
    Nah

What kind of battles would you have single, double, triple or a mix of them like Juan did in Hoenn having a Double Battle then single elimination afterwards.
    6 vs 6

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

Water Types

Water pool battle field with various small islands in the field for land based pokemon to use

Yes

Official referee

6 v 6

Yes

A whirlpool

Yes

Cherrygrove City, Johto

Yes, it would be boring just running the gym all the time and not going anywhere

Single battles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12