If you could open a gym,how it would be? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If you could open a gym,how it would be?

Registered User ninjapenguin981's Avatar

Default Re: If you could open a gym,how it would be?

I would have a status gym. All my pokemon would inflict different statuses onto their pokemon and I'd have a team of 6.

I'd use the statuses confusion, paralysis, poison, freeze, burn, sleep. The puzzle would be a maze where your pokemon are poisoned (you can't heal until you've beaten all the trainers in the gym) there are 3, and then you fight the gym leader.

Pearl FC: 3093 4403 0475
    Platinum FC: 4211 3099 5844

NPR

Lol Edit

Ahh, I have though long and hard on this question. Now is the perfect opportunity to put my framework for the ultimate steel type gym into play. I am the gym leader eight, my gym is feared to be almost as strong and challenging as the Elite Four of the Region. In fact only future champions have ever defeated my gym.

Note all pokemon listed will be roughly level 50 48-55 I guess.

First the ever important puzzle:
    My gym will not be a puzzle in the regular sense of the term. It will be more likely to puzzle the person who gets through it. To face me, the gym leader, you must go through a series of challenging chambers. The first being a furnace chamber. You will walk through the large chamber on a heat resistant platform, with flames bellowing beneath you. You will face a trainer with fire type Pokemon in this room. There is no turning back.
    Charizard
    Magmortar
    Magcargo
    Torkoal
    Ninetales
    Houndoom

Next you will descend into a a room where anodes will cover the sealing, where lightning is send out and absorbed by each other. There you will face a trainer with an Electric Team.
    Electivire
    Magnezone
    Electrode
    Raichu
    Manectric
    Luxray

The next room you enter is on a hydraulic system that makes the floor shake. There you will fight a trainer with a mix of fighting, rock, and ground pokemon.
    Tyranitar
    Rhyperior
    Machamp
    Hariyama
    Dugtrio
    Nidoking

The last non leader room has waterfalls falling on both sides into pools of water the water is hot, so the room is full of steam, causing a mist status in your penultimate battle.
    Vaporeon
    Gyarados
    Poliwrath
    Dewgong
    Cloyster
    Blastoise

You then enter a generic stadium like area with a Pokeball in the center. The pokeball and stadium is all chrome and metallic colored. Where I Ferrari face hidden by a mask of steel, covered by a traveler's coat stand ready for battle.

Me: Congratulations, I'm surprised you made it to me. Most people can't bear the first two challenges. They were not strong, strong like steel. You however, have made it through the smelting process and have been honed to perfection. Most people think of steel types as just slow and strong giants. I however disagree, steel Pokemon can not only be strong and durable, but fast and diverse. By evolving in the some of the strangest places on the planet they have gained unique abilities along with their strength. Here, let me show you their power!

Now, for my Pokemon.
    Empoleon : Full HP and Special Defense EVs at Well, max for a lv 50
    Aqua Jet
    Iron Defense
    Stealth Rock
    Aqua Ring

Magnezone: Full sp atk and full def ev spread at least for a lv 50.
    Mirror Coat
    Metal Sound
    Mirror Shot
    Shock Wave

Steelix: EVs as above for Defense and Attack
    Thunder fang
    Screech
    Curse
    Double Edge

Skarmory: EVs as above for Speed and Defense
    Roar
    Spikes
    Agility
    Brave Bird

Scizor: Evs (ok 170 ish spd at level 50 is possible if you evolve Scyther at the right time.) and 182 atk (specific for the win.)
    Sword Dance
    Light Screen
    U-Turn
    Brick Break

Metagross: Evs Max atk Max speed neutral nature
    Zen Headbutt
    Explosion
    Bullet Punch
    Substitute

(note they will not come out in that order. :3 )

Me: (Right before I lose) Hmhmhmhm! You think you have won, but can you withstand my last resort? (My last pokemon used will always be Metagross, so you can guess what it is.)

Me: (After I lose) ... I concede defeat... HAHAHAHA, good job! (Takes off mask to reveal a friendly face scared on the right cheek. Oh you are quite the amazing trainer aren't you? Well, for your strength and courage in the face of adversity, I bestow open you the katana badge. Formed in the shape of a blade with the high quality steel that is used to make the sword itself, this badge is a testament to not only your strength, but your spirit. Here, take this as well. TM 91 contains flash cannon, which fires a the shine and spirit of the steel type at your enemies, blinding them. Now go forth and defeat those cowards that call themselves the elite.
    Last edited by NPR; 7th September 2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: lol I forgot a few plot points.

Gym Leader Antony
    Swarm Badge
    Bug Type
    -Scizor Lv.54
    -Venomoth Lv.53
    -Heracross Lv.55
    -Vespiquen Lv.54
    -Armaldo Lv.57

Puzzle: The gym will be Hive maze, you go though, then go out different hole. You might find Combees there.

Gym Trainers
    Bug Catcher Leon
    -Combee Lv.49
    -Combee Lv.50
    -Combee Lv.50
    -Beedrill Lv.52

Aroma Lady Beth
    -Combee Lv.50
    -Surskit Lv.51
    -Vespiquen Lv.53

Bug Catcher Benny
    -Butterfree Lv.50
    -Beedrill Lv.50
    -Ledian Lv.51

Cool Trainer Susie
    -Pinsir Lv.52
    -Ariados Lv.52
    -Parasect Lv.52
    -Yanmega Lv.54

Cool Trainer Tommy
    -Forretress Lv.52
    -Beautifly Lv.52
    -Dustox Lv.52
    -Masquerain Lv.54

Bug Maniac Walter
    -Shuckle Lv.55
    -Shedinjia Lv.56

Aroma Lady
    -Volbeat Lv.52
    -Illumise Lv.52
    -Wormadam Lv.54

Ninja Boy Ian
    -Ninjask Lv.55

Cool Trainer Tara
    -Kricketune Lv.55
    -Mothim Lv.55
    -Yanma Lv.55

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

NPR, I never want to challenge your gym. I would be owned.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Or Fire (pronounced Fi-yah)Type Gym

City: Fogon Town

Puzzle: Typhlosion Shaped Gym with torches on the back that light up after you battle each trainer. After all 5 are lit the gate opens.

Trainers: Scout Katilyn
    numel 63
    Slugma 63
    Magcargo 64

Fire Breather Senhr
    Torkal 65
    Magby 65
    Magmar 66

Burgalar Tito
    Growlith 64
    Houndour 64
    Hounddoom 66

Lass Mami:
    Ninetails 65
    Flareon 67
    Rapidash 68

Cool Trainer Cal:
    Arcanine 67
    Blaziken 69

Gym Leader Papi
    Arcanine 71
    Camerupt 73
    Magmortar 74
    Charizard 74
    Inferanpe 75
    Typhlosion 76

Badge: Pyro Badge
    Quotes later
    Last edited by papi17; 8th September 2009 at 05:47 AM.
    Typhlosions mine

avatar credit goes to Blazaking EX great work

Aww yay! I love this thread!

My Gym would be a Ghost-type Gym in a medieval-looking town (I can't think of a name). The Gym itself would look much like a stone castle, and inside it would be really big and completely dark, and the player would run around until he/she runs into the Gym trainers, and each defeat of a Gym trainer would light a small purple flame torch, until they can see enough to figure out where the leader is. The Gym Trainers would have mainly Gastly, Misdreavus, Shuppet, Duskull, and Drifloon.

I think I'd like to be the 6th or 7th Gym Leader in whichever region. I would say, "Hee hee, welcome, it's nice to meet you! My name is Sliv and I'm the leader of this Gym. Ghost Pokemon are awesome, but they're also really scary! Are you brave enough to take them on?"

My Pokemon would be

Haunter LV 32
    Mismagius LV 34
    Banette LV 36
    Dusclops LV 36
    Drifblim LV 37
    Froslass LV 40

Upon defeat I would say, "Hee hee, thank you for such a lovely battle. You have indeed earned the Spectrebadge. Take this TM, it contains Shadow Ball."

Blog Entries

it would be cool if we got the best in the post and made a pokemon league with sprites and everything and we could even make a e4
    Typhlosions mine

Quote Originally Posted by papi17 View Post
    it would be cool if we got the best in the post and made a pokemon league with sprites and everything and we could even make a e4
    Oooh, I totally agree! that would be heaps of fun!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'd want to specialize in Flying, Ground, Fire, Steel, OR Dragon-types. The puzzle would be somewhat dependent on the type, but would always essentially be a test or quiz of some sort (sorta like in Blaine's gym in RBY) with questions about that type or pokemon in that type. 9 rooms with questions, with me in the 10th room. In rooms 1-8, there would only be one trainer, but in the 9th room, there would be a double battle.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Umm my gym would be like this I guess :/
    Dragon based, 2 wild cards..might be a good gym idk

Gyarados lvl 60
    -Ice Beam
    -Waterfall
    -Dragon Dance
    -Taunt

Lucario lvl 63
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Aura Sphere
    -Ice Punch
    -Extremespeed

Salamence lvl 63
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower

Garchomp lvl 64
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Pulse

Dragonite lvl 67
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt
    -Superpower
    -Dragon Pulse
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Actually, maybe I'd have it just like Falkner's. That rising thing is so cool.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

mine wouldnt be a type but rather a color...all pink pokemon (mostly normal not all though)

it would be lvl 35-45

there would be 4 trainers and leader

trainer #1-snubbull 37
    -porygon 36

trainer #2-skitty 39

trainer #3-smoochum 35
    -igglybuff 34
    -happiny 36

trainer #4-gorebyss 38
    -luvdisk 39

gym leader-blissey 45 (main pokemon)
    -clefable 40
    -wigglytuff 40
    -slowbro 42

the first room is just an empty room with a person behind a desk, this is the first trainer, you talk to her and she battles you when you win she opens the guarder to the door. (every time you go back in the gym you talk to her and she says "welcome back" and she opens the guarder on the desk to the door. (this applies for all rooms))

the gym layout would be like the beauty contest, there would be five rooms in all, all rooms are a one on one competition based on the beauty contest(with the exception of the first room, witch is just a normal battle) all the rooms have a desk and you have to talk to the person behind the desk this person is the trainer of etch, she would say something like "welcome to the real *visual/dance/acting* contest would you like to enter?" the contest will start and if you win you dont battle if you lose you have to battle the trainer. after you fight/win the contest she opens the garder on the desk and you go to the next room.

the second room is the visual competition only

the third room is the dance competition only

the fourth room is the acting competition only

the fifth room is the gym leader

gym leader (pre-battle) "...you know, beauty isnt everything. lets see what you think is more important."

gym leader (post-battle) "your pokemon are so cute and strong! here take this TM. this is TM 45. (attract) Oh! i almost forgot take this beautybadge as well.
    Last edited by rockhound8123; 10th September 2009 at 10:56 AM.
    FC: 2364 4835 3846

Name: Koltin

契約?

Instead of a specific typing, I think I'd make a gym dedicated to laziness. All my monsters would be complete bums, if they weren't slacking off or sleeping around by themselves, they'd be trying to put your pokemon out so they wouldn't have to deal with it. In addition to that, the gym itself would be very sleep inducing, with a giant bed for a floor and extremely dim lighting. There would also be a relaxing incense burning that occasionally could cause the player's pokemon to naturally fall asleep as a result of it.

As for the precise details...I'm not exactly sure which pokemon I'd wanna narrow in on using. I really wouldn't care about being a really strong or weak gym leader, so not having suped up power houses wouldn't really phase me much. In the end I'd probably have a team that at least had a Casey, Kusaihana, Yadoran and Sleeper on it. Also Kabigon is kind of a given, so there would only be one more pokemon to add on and there are a number of them I really wouldn't matter either way to use.

In the end I'd probably hand out some new TM relating to sleep somehow. Maybe a sleep move so deep and relaxing that the pokemon would resist being woken up even with awakening. I dunno, just something irritating. :p Also my character would be so insanely lazy and terrible that when first approached for a battle, she'd actually just try and hand over the badge so you'd leave her alone. The only way she stays a legit gym leader is because of her "students" who remind her of her duty.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sliv View Post
    Oooh, I totally agree! that would be heaps of fun!
    of course well have to level them down and the original matches could be rematches
    Typhlosions mine

Dragon & Fire Breeder Crimson-Ninetales's Avatar

If I could open a Pokemon Gym, it would be a combo of Dragon-types & Fire-types.

The decoration would reflect both of those, my top 2 pokemon which I'd unleash upon any challengers would be a Dragonite named Silas & a Ninetales named Crimson. :p

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast