If you could invent a new type - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could invent a new type

Blog Entries

Default Re: If you could invent a new type

Maybe an undead type like a zombie pokemon or a skeleton pokemon, like Dry Bones in Super Mario Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    Maybe an undead type like a zombie pokemon or a skeleton pokemon, like Dry Bones in Super Mario Brothers
    Technically speaking thats the Ghost type concept wise. You know dead things and all that.

Blog Entries

no the ghosts are sprits, I'm talking undead creatures

Again, Ghost types can be connected to the living dead.

Zombies have rotting flesh, and are extremely soft. Almost any kind of move would be super effective.

Except for normal and psychic. OM NOM NOM... BRAAAAAAAAINS

lol for the food type move: salad toss
    there could also be a move called eat out

Personally I feel that the types are already pretty much perfect, with most everything one can think of (more or less) fitting adequately into a pre-existing type.

All the same, the suggestion of an "Alien/Extraterrestrial" type sounds pretty neat. It'd certainly fit Pokémon like Riguree and Oobemu nicely, and could yield some interesting designs/moves.

Also, to build on a previous suggestion, a Virus type might be neat as well. In the real world, viruses are classed apart from animals/plants, so it might be an interesting area to explore in the Pokémon world.

No clue what the strengths/weaknesses of these kinds of types should be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacit Giga View Post
    Also, to build on a previous suggestion, a Virus type might be neat as well. In the real world, viruses are classed apart from animals/plants, so it might be an interesting area to explore in the Pokémon world.
    since a virus is just rogue DNA, wouldn't deoxys be considered a virus type?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrinplup View Post
    Mystic type. It would be strong against everything but Steel and Dragon, which are strong against it, and weak against everything exept Steel and Dragon, which it strong against.
    Again Psychic type...

My take on the Light-type (might tweak it more, not sure about the ones in parenthesis):

Offensive:

Fire - 0x
    Grass - 0.5x
    Steel - 0.5x
    Flying - 2x
    Dark - 2x
    Bug - 2x
    Ghost - 2x
    (Ground 2x - not sure about this one)

Defensive:

-Dark 0x
    -Rock 0.5x
    -Fire 0.5x
    -Flying 0.5x
    -Normal 0.5x
    (Ghost 0.5x)
    -Water 2x
    (Poison 2x)
    (Steel 2x)

Offensive:
    -Fire - Creates light on its own, useless shining a flashlight on a bonfire.
    -Grass - Uses light for food, Steel usually reflects is, except for lazers (they could be considered fire though). Maybe an ability like "photosynthesis" that negates Light-type like Herbivorous does for grass.
    -Flying - Bad to get hit with a glare when flying; Flight depends on vision - light.
    -Dark - No explanation needed
    -Bugs - Scatter when light hits them, they like the protection of Darkness.
    -Ghost - Creepy-crawly, mythology and scared children and superstitious people always mixes them with night.
    -Sunlight can turn exposed dirt into sand and the Ground-type tends to dig, so maybe 2x?

Defensive:
    -Dark - obviously zero
    -Rock - too slow, too solid to fight light, reduced power
    -Fire - light is half of what fire is, so less power
    -Light is faster than anything that flies
    -Normal's plain moves aren't much match against the fastest known thing in the universe
    -Light can "shine through" Ghost's mystical darkness.
    -Water defracts light, light moves much slower through it, water absorbs light, so dangerous (maybe Ice, too, although I think it can make light stronger, too, like a magnifying glass, so maybe not)
    -Steel's reflective power kind of gives it an upperhand and ability to control light, so dangerous
    -Poison doesn't have many strengths, could use more, plus it's chemical and scientific, sort of gives it a knowledge advantage against light, so dangerous

Electricity is partly light but move a little slower or about the same speed, so they have similar power to each other. I don't see Psychic and Light as competitors. BTW I don't mean that all Light-type should have very high speed stat (average maybe), just that light itself..
    Last edited by TaoistNeji; 30th October 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Blog Entries

None. Rebalance Poison by making it SE to Bug and Fighting as well as Grass. Any new type would be stupid at this point because, technically, a new type introduced next gen would be rarer than the Dragon type. If you want to have a new type, make or find a fangame to play.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Ok, I had created this thread just so people who have a sense of creativity could chew the fat, but I notice some people here want to pretend the current type chart is perfect or untouchable, but it's not.

For instance Steel is considerably stronger than Grass, where is the rule written that 18 17 types is perfect and why is it that a few types are totally immune to others? The current type sheet is NOT balanced or perfect as is, the creators see that, even recently removing a "type" and adding some a couple of generations back. In a totally balanced type system every type would have one immunity and the same number of weaknesses and resistances.

Technology is always improving, I haven't read anywhere that the current types overload the game, but at some point the tech will probably improve and so even more types could be added without causing a data overload.

I don't think adding another type here or there would be that bad of a thing in practice theoretically, and even if it was who cares? This is a FAN forum for FANS to discuss concepts.

If you think the current types are fine that's your right, but the rest of us are allowed to conceptualize new ideas.

Blog Entries

It's not a question of creativity (if it was, I'd propose something awesome). It's a question of what would fit with the current types available. (And there are technically 136 typings available atm, btw)

Radioactive - Radioactivity is a result of electric imbalances at the nucleus. (can be classified as Poison (due to effects on creatures) or Electric (because it's electric imbalances).
    Nuclear - Nuclei are held together by very strong magnetic forces at the subatomic level. When those bonds are split, an enormous amount of energy is released. (Can be classified as Electric due to magnetism)
    Light - Light itself is a type of energy wave that is of the "middle" wavelengths, varying from Red (lowest) to Violet (highest) (follow rainbow colors). It's a type of energy. It disrupts the bonds between atoms (not subatomic bonds mind you) and causes heat. It can be classified as either Fire (because of heat) or Electric (because of energy)
    Holy - This is assumed: Game Freak does not direct religious ties. However, the Fighting-type already represents heros which is why Fighting is super-effective against Dark, the villians.
    Storm - Wind and water. Flying or Water
    Plasma - a form of matter at a higher energy state than gas. Electric.
    Sound - One I could see working but they would have to change quite a few move types and (maybe) add some more types to certain Pokemon (not replace types. That has never been done before and it would be stupid to do so imo. Magnemite was Electric in Gen I, Electric-Steel in Gen II. They added a type, not replaced it)
    Star - Stars are, well, stars. Fire or Rock.
    Steam - Boiling Water is an attack now. Water.
    Virus - Depends on the type of virus meant. Electric (Computer) or Poison (cold, flu, etc.).
    Sonic - A fancy word for Sound. See Sound.

Magic - No.
    Time - Dialga is fine at Dragon/Steel and Celebi at Grass/Psychic.
    Crystal/Glass - Minerals. Rock.
    Heart - Wut.
    Wind - Flying. Or Electric due to energy that causes wind.
    Space - No.
    Wood - Grass.
    Fossil - Rock.
    Ceramic - Ground or Rock.
    Magnet - Electric.
    Food/Culinary - Grass or xxx/Fire (xxx being any other type with Fire to cook it)
    Caustic/Acid - Acid is a Poison move. Poison.
    Virtual/Digital/Cyber - Porygon line says hi. Normal or Electric.
    Capital/Institution - What is this I don't even.

Aura - Not really explored but is similar to Psychic abilities. Psychic.
    Bird - MISSINGNO WTFBOOM. Replaced by Flying in Gen I.
    Dance - Dance is something that all living things should have a grasp of, even if its used for different purposes. Normal.
    Zombie = Ghost covers death and spirits. Ghost.
    Plastic - Fire or one of the mineral types.
    Cloth - No.
    Speed - Yes, because a stat needs its own type.
    Air - See Wind.
    LOVE - See Heart.
    Cosmic - Uh, no? Cosmic is basically every element found here on Earth, minus life.
    Paper - is made of plants. Grass/Water or just Grass.
    Reptile - Dragon.
    Mystic - Wut.

Now, onto what I said earlier. Poison needs rebalancing to make it SE to the things it should be SE against. What does Poison do to living things? It kills them. Insecticides and such. SE to Bug and Fighting and maybe another of the 14 other types.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Heart - Wut.
    Captain Planet hates Grimers.
    Diamond- 0818 7308 8337
    HeartGold- 1377 0765 9785
    Black- 0389 8977 5905
    White- 2365 6140 8548

VICE QUADRANT YESSSS Quacks the Automaton's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Quacks the Automaton on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Light (COvered by Psychic,Fire,Electric,Fight ect...)
    Wind (Flying duh)
    Food (Hell no)
    Well...
    1. Not exactly true
    2. This is definately NOT true
    3. I agree with you there.

Will prove evidence for points one and two tomarrow
    And I'm feeling like a ghost
    And it's what I hate the most
    Cause I'm giving up again
    And this time
    This time I might just disappear...