If you could invent a new type - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could invent a new type

Default Re: If you could invent a new type

Light. It'd only make sense since we already have a dark type.

Cosmic would be cool... though then moves like Cosmic Power and Meteor Mash would need to be changed. xP
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Just about everything being thought up here is kinda ridiculous and DOES fit into some category by the logic that is logic!

Sound would be interesting but overall probably very weak but it would split up the Normal category up quite a bit! And the Light type has been tossed around a whole lot and as much as I don't like it, it actually would make sense.

However if you make a Psychic/Dark...you could definitely argue that to be pretty holy. I mean the only difference between Evil and Holy is on is organized more than the other. Give something Evil a little logic and there ya go....ya got an angel. (but for some reason a bug would murder it.... :\

It takes more than 400
    billion pixels to reach
    a star, but it takes just
    one to make a difference.

The Magic type. Takes and deals double damage to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice, Dragon and Dark. Takes and deals half damage to everything else.
    Written by: The One And Only Porygon (Except for my family relatives at the Game Corner.)
    Interested in a Shiny Ursaring from SoulSilver? PM me.

Click it or I will give you and your pet cat a seizure.

A light type does sound good to me, especially for the balance of the typing chart. I'd like to see some trio that would work for starters other than fire/water/grass, like psychic/dark/light. (although I suppose psychic/fighting/dark kinda already has that)

I also like the idea of a Wind type. It's the one type that doesn't really... exist? Like, we made rock even though we had ground, AND grass even though we had ground, it makes complete sense to make a wind even though we have Flying. It was originally Bird type anyway.

Not really sure there's anything else that isn't sufficiently covered by another type.

Although I don't like any new type that might change typing of pokemon/moves already in existance.

Formerly Wachamp Neon_Seadra No. 10's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is pretty much a Light-type fanclub thread.

If I HAD to invent a new type (I'm usually against new types), it would be Alien/Extraterrestrial/Cosmic (like Ground Control said).
    My Seadra's brighter than your Seadra.

The Blog

Thanks to IslandWalker for the Avatar!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UtterDarkness View Post
    My comments in bold.
    Grass is a misomer... Plant would have been a better name

Flying... The Raijin Trio would like to have a word with you... Tornelos expesually is insulted being based on Fujin the Japanese god of the wind but is the only pure flying type so basically Flying=Wind

Acid... Uh Acid is a poison type move so... yeah

Light and Virtual are far to simmaler to Digimon so no.

Dark types aren't 'Darkness' The are 'Bad-guy's' They are knwon to fight dirty (Bite/Crunch/Suker-Punch ect...) SO they are balenced by Fighting type (Good-Guy's) who fight honerably and Psychic is techically it's moral oppisate.

Fossils are Rocks and so are Crystals and Gems they are 'Precious Stones' all crystal like pokemon would fall under Rock and all Fossil tyeps are Rock and almost all are dual type so they aren't going to change their types...

Time/Sound Space are the only good ones the rest oare other really stupid (Light/Food/Heart) or are already there (Fossil/Wood/Magic/Crystal)

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
    LOVE
    IT'S IMMUNE TO EVRYTHING LUL
    AND EVERYTHING IS WEAK TO IT LUL

It's too bad that the base stats of the Pokémon of that type would be pitiable.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but shouldn't there be a Paper type.
    I mean we can say its super effective against Fire,water and flying types but immune against all the other types? This is crazy but just think, paper covers rock and steel can mend paper and mental illusions can't be done without paper.
    Yes this would mean that Shedinja would be useless against this type but the thing is only one pokemon has this type and that pokemon can't learn any moves but only sacrificing moves like explosion or healing wish etc.
    Last edited by Jackwriter; 18th October 2010 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwriter View Post
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but shouldn't there be a Paper type.
    I mean we can say its super effective against Fire,water and flying types but immune against all the other types? This is crazy but just think, paper covers rock and steel can mend paper and mental illusions can't be done without paper.
    Yes this would mean that Shedinja would be useless against this type but the thing is only one pokemon has this type and that pokemon can't learn any moves but only sacrificing moves like explosion or healing wish etc.
    As long as Paper beats Rock and is weak to Steel, I accept.

I would possibly create a Reptile type, to balance out with the AVian type. (Flying)

Possibly RAD(ioactive) type. That would be interestin.

The Food type.

Some moves include Potato Mash, Salad Toss, and Egg Whisk.

space/cosmic, light, and sound are so far the only good ideas imo. Another could be a disease-type. nearly all attacks would have lingering effects. it could be effective vs grass and normal, ineffective vs ghost and steel, and weak to fire
    i think it's a good idea (if a bit of a tragic concept), and any additions are welcome

I'd say the wind type, but flying kinda takes care of that, albeit awkwardly.

I think it's be cool to have a legendary quartet of fire, water, ground, and wind Pokemon to represent the classical elements.
    It's because you touch yourself at night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by astrosono View Post
    I'd say the wind type, but flying kinda takes care of that, albeit awkwardly.

I think it's be cool to have a legendary quartet of fire, water, ground, and wind Pokemon to represent the classical elements.
    Well Techically you can still have that lik you said Flying covers air So it Would be Fire/Water/Ground/Flying in pokemon

We don't need Light as Dark isn't 'Darkness'

Would rather be cuddling Singing in the Rain's Avatar

Mystic type. It would be strong against everything but Steel and Dragon, which are strong against it, and weak against everything exept Steel and Dragon, which it strong against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi
    I don't really belive there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast