If you could invent a new type - Page 3

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: If you could invent a new type

Default Re: If you could invent a new type

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Light (COvered by Psychic,Fire,Electric,Fight ect...

Light encompasses both radiance(e.g. sunlight and rainbows) and the holy element, so no, neither of the types you've mentioned are too similar to Light, and in some RPGs, Light is treated as its own element different from Fire and Electric.

Magic (Uh... Psychic?)

Not really. Psychic is more mental, Magic is more mana.

Time (...?)

Represents the manipulation of time.

Crsytal/Glass (Steel,Ground,Rock)

How is it the same as the 3 you've mentioned there?

Sound (Only good one)

Heart (Bleh Captian Planet can keep this)

This type isn't the same as Ma-Ti's power, which is more mind control, and it also encompasses romantic activity. For instance, moves like Attract and Covet would become this type.

Wind (Flying duh)

Wind is the manipulation of air. Flying, on the other hand, has more to do with wings and avian characteristics.

Space (Eh sounds resoable)

Wood (Really..? Grass type already has this)

Did you read my previous post here? If so, then you'd understand what I really meant.

Fossil (Rock.)

Rock encompasses creatures with boulder-like skin, Fossil-types are prehistoric animals or have a more "prehistoric" appearance and have bony body parts on the outside as well. Pokemon like Cubone, Omastar, Lileep, Carvanha, Sharpedo and moves like Bonemerang and Spike Cannon would fall under the Fossil-type.

Food (Hell no)

Why not?

Acid (Poison dude Poison)

Acid deals with chemicals that devour/"burn" whatever they touch, so not necessarily the same as Poison, which encompasses venom and medical illness.

Digital (Hello Digimon)

Pokemon mainly deals with trying to catch monsters in devices known as pokeballs and the human protaganists in the anime have been zapped to the virtual world one time, so no, a Virtual-type wouldn't make it a "rip-off" of Digimon.

Capital (Were are you coming up with this stuff?)

The concepts were so different enough they've the potential to become their own types in Pokemon.

And definitly no to the changing types

The names aren't really accurate as to what those types actually represent/encompass, so what's wrong with renaming/rebranding them? I mean, I'm flabbergasted that they made Evil Eye Ghost-type instead of Aku/Dark even though it has the word "evil" in its name, yet both Bite and Sucker Punch, which are physical and mundane in their nature, are the latter.
    My comments in bold.
    Last edited by UtterDarkness; 16th October 2010 at 07:00 PM.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UtterDarkness View Post
    It's not meant to replace the current chart because I believe Gamefreak should keep on making new types until they've covered every single thing/concept in the universe that can differentiate itself from the others and they may bring something new to the table as well.
    NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Adding new types creates more baggage in the type chart, and it gets exponentially harder to maintain game balance as you keep introducing new types.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A light type would be cool, but I'm fine with the type chart as it is.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Aura type would be cool I think.

Maybe it could be exclusive to certain pokemon, like Lucario and Togekiss, and certain legendaries maybe?

Offensive:
    .5x Dragon
    .5x Steel
    .5x Rock
    2x Psychic
    2x Fighting
    2x Dark

Defensive:
    Resists- Dark, Fight, Psychic
    Weak to- Dragon, Steel, Rock, Ghost

Blog Entries

Wind type.

Weak vs Fire (convection currents), Electric, Poison and itself

Strong vs Ground <wind scattered dirt?>, Grass (trees uprooted), Flying, Ghost,

Resists: Water, Flying, Steel,

Immune to Normal, Steel (how the hell do you punch air or attack it with metal?)

Normal to everything else.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Isn't Flying type effectively wind as is? Maybe a renaming is in order.
    HG FC: 1549-1283-8095
    Lover of all Ghost and Fossil pokemon.
    Yes, I am a bit insane, thank you for noticing!

If I could... I would choose not to. In my opinion, the type chart is very balanced as-is.

The constant suggestion of a Light-type annoys me, by the way. Just because we have a "Dark" type doesn't necessitate the existence of a "light" type.
    Chibisyko likes this.

Find Me On The Youtubez SaffronGamer's Avatar

bird type
    XD
    cookie goes to who can guess the referance

and screw the light type

We need either Artichoke types of Llama types. In one hand, you have absolute randomness, and on the other hand, you have the power of the mighty deviantArt!! And yes, my logic is perfectly sound!

In all seriousness, how about either a Light-type or, get this, a Dance-type! Now THIS is serious business! Think about it, they'd have high Speed and Attack stats and low Defense stats, but have moderate/high Special Attack and Special Defense stats! That would kick butt!!

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

If I had the chance to, I'd pass it up. The types we have now are fine.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Adding new types creates more baggage in the type chart, and it gets exponentially harder to maintain game balance as you keep introducing new types.
    I agree maintaining balance is important, but it isn't necessarily the mere addition of new types that makes or breaks the metagame and triple battles are far worse concerning this issue. There are other factors that affect the metagame such as abilities, stats, movesets, items or what not. New types could lead to more interesting ideas for pokemon, stories, legends, moves and such. Pokemon isn't just there for the metagame.

If you like, I'll work on a type chart, some tweaks included, to see if balance can still be maintained even with the addition of these types, but if that doesn't work out, then I might scrap one or a few of these fake types.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Zombie, Plastic and maybe Cloth, Speed and Nuclear could have potential to be their own types. Sorry!

Have an Emoticone. LittleTinGoddess's Avatar

Well considering that I am a fan of Pokemon Factory, I'm going to go with the Light, Magic, and Wind types that have all ready been said.

Yeah.

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Air. It would be weak to Flying and Ground. It would resist Electric and Fire since you use air to make electricity, and it can put out small fires. It would be super effective against Grass and Fire, because strong winds knock down trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

LOVE
    IT'S IMMUNE TO EVRYTHING LUL
    I've claimed Falkner :3

Non-perverted Lopunny fan Ground Control's Avatar

I don't advocate the existence of new types, but I think the most plausible concept would be a type that hasn't been discovered because only Pokemon from outer-space that haven't arrived in the Pokemon world have it. I'd call it Cosmic type. I remember having a Resistance/Not very effective/Powerful sheet thought up, too. I suppose Rigrey and Oobeam would become Psychic/Cosmic, if this became a reality. I was actually a big fan of the Light type concept as a child, though. But hey, it's obvious it's just not going to happen. It'll grind my Gear for eternity though, because even Steel, a more defensive typing than Poison, is good against more types of Pokemon. Ice and Rock, while Poison only gets Grass.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast