If someone said Pokemon is childish, what will be your reaction?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: If someone said Pokemon is childish, what will be your reaction?

The Ultimate Trainer!!! Red The Champion's Avatar
    Add Red The Champion on Facebook
    Visit Red The Champion's Youtube Channel

Default If someone said Pokemon is childish, what will be your reaction?

As the title implies, what will be your reaction if someone says that Pokemon is childish to you?

To me, it depends on who says it. If its some random stranger, maybe I'll get mad a little and try to find a reason to fight back. If its a friend, I'll just use this sentence: "For Pete's sake, someone 20 years older than me still plays Pokemon." If its one of my family, I'll just stay quiet.
    Glaziola likes this.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: If someone said Pokemon is childish, what will be your reaction?

No matter who said it to me I wouldn't particularly care. Any fan can admit that the series is generally childish, being marketed toward children and everything. That doesn't mean people outside that target demographic can't enjoy and find fulfilling ways to experience it however.

Registered User DarkestSacredHeart's Avatar

I'll be like "whatever I'm childish,at least I'm not scared to show it."
    Spypitoad likes this.

Blog Entries

I'm a child at heart, so I couldn't disagree with them.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I won't be annoyed by that, because Pokémon are my "secret hobby", and I never told anyone about that. Childlish is Pokémon franchise's typical properties, which enables it targeting at young players. However, it's not completely childlish as some parts have a "dark-side", like in Pocket Monsters Special manga.

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

I tell them that I technically am a child, so it's ok. Also, I tell him/her to each his own.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries

I would tell them that they're wrong and that if they're so concerned, why not focus on something more "mature"?
    DO YOU RENOUNCE ICE CUBE AND ALL HIS WORKS INCLUDING FRIDAY? - Winston Jerome

Blog Entries

I would thank them for pointing out the obvious, and passive-aggressively suggest they return to their own mature hobbies.
    [avatar: pixiv]

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

I do admit Pokemon as a whole give almost everyone a childish feeling, so I don't mind what people said. In any case, I already get used to and being sick and tired to argue with all the real world people saying such things about Pokemon, so I don't even care. I'm interested in Pokemon, but that is a secret shares between only my family members and people on the internet that didn't even know my true identity.

However, if someone ridicules me about my interest of Pokemon, I will definitely retort, because that someone is attacking me personally.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

I get it almost every day. I just say thatyeah, that is why 100s of people who are like 20-40 years old do playthroughs of it on youtube. That is why there are large forums dedicated to pokemon, I mean yeah. A 7 year old can really set up PHP or V bulliten and have their own domain and server set up that can be access world wide without a single error or spelling mistake.

The fact that things like Liberation, Antimatter, Origin of Existence and Law are involved just proves even further that it is not solely directed at kids. You have percentages of shinies, IVs, EVs, advanced breeding. These physics are not in any way solely intended for a five year old.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

I'd be like, "truth be told it is, it captured my imagination as a child and I still love it, though I'm hoping for it to change and be more enjoyable for adults."

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That would be kind of like walking into a butcher shop and screaming "butchers kill lambs!"

Well pokemon is not childish, I mean look at all of the teenagers or adults going on these forums to discuss it.

Blog Entries

I just roll my eyes and say, "Oh yeah, and blowing a hole in someone's head is sooooooooo mature..."
    Yato, Life, starryskies and 1 others like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

"Well, obviously."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast