If pokemon were real, would there be cars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If pokemon were real, would there be cars?

Default If pokemon were real, would there be cars?

Well?

Well, there have been cars and trucks in the anime... so I don't see why not O.o

I suppose then we would also see flatened Pachirisus with tire tracks going over them.
    :D

Yes, there would definitely be cars! If the people of the Pokemon world can use and live with the technology to create something as advanced as Pokeballs, not having the transportation technology that existed way back in the early 20th century would just be rediculous!

I hear lots of people say that there would be no cars in the Pokemon world because the routes used in the games and anime consist mainly of trails and footpaths; but think about it...the people who use these routes are mainly Pokemon trainers. Travel on foot in wilderness areas gives trainers the opportunities and time they need to battle, catch and raise wild Pokemon. The majority of the population, the non-trainers, however would enjoy the convince of traveling by highway from city to city. The Pokemon world is a modern one, YES it does have all manner of planes, trains and automobiles.

Blog Entries

Yes, because a good half of the Pokemon who know fly would never be able to use it because they can't lift a normal human.

I'd assume there'd have to be some sort of transportation just incase.

Shouldn't this go in the Pokemon World forum?

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Blog Entries

There was a truck in the begining of RSE. There's a Magnet train in Glodenrod and Larouse. Scott has a car in the BattleFrontier anime. Norman was mentioned to be "out grocery shopping with his car" in the episode May and Max returned home.

Don't forget the truck next to the S.S. Anne.
    My Pokemon favorites:
    IMO, Dialga is the coolest Pokemon, and Mew is the cutest. My favorite human characters are Brendan, May, and Marina (From Battle Revolution). I also like Rui, Cynthia, and Dawn. I like games, PokeSpecial manga, and shipping. I support HoennShipping, ColosseumShipping, RangerShipping, SpecialShipping and a whole lot of others. I have named over 130 ships.

Ya Rly.

There would be because: A: There areand B: Not everyone is going to be comfortable with the prospect of riding a huge animal with super powers I mean come on loads of people don't even wanna ride horses.

Thanks to my Best Friend Kieko4eva for the banner.

To be honest, I don't think that a modern society would be able to stay stable without some form of transportation. And considering how we've already got cars in the world of Pokemon, I sincerely doubt that they would simply be removed from existence because some people would rather ride a Fearow.

Blog Entries

Hey atleast in the Pokemon world they can hope that the legendary Pokemon will get rid of problems we face today, like pollution. Suicune purifies water, while Shamyn can bring the land back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvorn View Post
    There would be because: A: There areand B: Not everyone is going to be comfortable with the prospect of riding a huge animal with super powers I mean come on loads of people don't even wanna ride horses.
    Yes, and even if there are people who would rather ride Pokemon, it's not like everyone in the Pokemon world even OWNS one of the creatures to begin with! The occupation of Pokemon trainer is a dangerous, expensive, risky and time-consuming one that not every average Joe or Jill is cut out for, so I've always assumed that the number of trainers, rangers, breeders, Gym Leaders and other Pokemon-related careerpeople is quite small when the rest of the popultation is taken into account. Pokemon are for the few, cars for the many.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Ice View Post
    Yes, and even if there are people who would rather ride Pokemon, it's not like everyone in the Pokemon world even OWNS one of the creatures to begin with! The occupation of Pokemon trainer is a dangerous, expensive, risky and time-consuming one that not every average Joe or Jill is cut out for, so I've always assumed that the number of trainers, rangers, breeders, Gym Leaders and other Pokemon-related careerpeople is quite small when the rest of the popultation is taken into account. Pokemon are for the few, cars for the many.
    actually, in Japan, the complete opposite is true. From what I hear, driver's training is fucking expensive over there, plus it'd be very unconventional to keep a car when garage space would also cost you an arm and a leg, which is probably why you usually see anime characters walking to their destinations, if not taking public transportation (though motorcycles don't seem too rare... guess because it's a lot easier to store them). Given, it's probably different in Pokemon world, where land constraints don't seem to be as much of an issue (but oddly enough, cars are still rarely seen).

And I think every Tom, Dick, and Harry can be a Pokemon Trainer when you consider that the opponents you encounter in the games range from loli twins to senile old men, not to mention several households keeping them as pets.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

But your average pet Pokemon tends to be small and cute, not a beast of burden. To get it to that point where it evolves enough to carry you requires a lot of time, which the average man or woman doesn't have. Only a trainer would have the time and determination to bother. And trainers can only logically make up a fairly small percentage of the population or else there would be an Economic breakdown, because no-one would be earning money. Also not many can take a shortcut by catching a pokemon in it's evolved state as this would be difficult and would require a trained pokemon already. Which again takes time. And if were going to base it on Japans lack of cars. The Pokemon world appears to care for it's enviroment so may well use bikes, as opposed to pokemon. This would make sense due to the number of routes, covered in grass and difficult terrain, and the cycling road but still many people would use cars as there would be alternative routes with roads for them to use. As well as this most people would be scared of going on a bike without a strong pokemon in case the are attacked by wild ones. Cars offer the solution allowing you to traverse long distances with no threat of attack. Also you can't make heavy frieght trips with pokemon, the fast ones would appear too weak to carry much in the way of heavy goods. And the strong ones are to slow. The solution: Cars, Lorrys, etc... Pokemon are useful for trainers and a few others as a mode of transport but for the most parts Cars would still be an essential part of everyday life.

Thanks to my Best Friend Kieko4eva for the banner.

Disastrous Motions... Unplanned_Disaster's Avatar

Yes, there is a big possibility that there will be cars. You get moved by a truck in RSE.

And people don't necessarily use Pokemon as a mode of transportation for work. You have Bicycles, the Ships/Boats, and even rockets. :p

QFT.

In other forums I'm known as...

Serebii Forums - Dramatic Melody
    PI Forums - Cherished Song

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's not forget obscenely huge airships (the Hikoukyuu and the Battle Pyramid). So there's probably a fair amount of smaller ones dotting the skies. In Ono's series, we see an airship dock in the Orange Islands, I believe.

You make a good point, Yamato-san; but just because many people use cars for transportation does not mean that those people have to OWN cars (think taxis in New York). I would add more to my argument on several subjects, but it seems that Wolvorn has allready said much of what I was going to!

I will give a rebuttal to your using the games as evidence that anyone can become a Pokemon trainer. I don't like to use the games as a base for a functional, real (though theoretical) Pokeomon world. The world presented in the games is a simplified one, with cities that contain at most about 40 people, are in walking distance from one another, have one type of retail store and maybe a market or old lady selling herbs here and there...I could go on... The point is the world of the games is very bare-bones, great for an RPG, but far from likely to function in real life.

My idea of Pokemon training as a profession in a real-world scenario is that being a pro-trainer is the same as being a pro athelete. For example, though many people may dream of being in the NBA, actually pursuing a career as a pro basketball player is very risky. I'd imagine that for all of the people who begin a Pokemon journey, only a very small fraction of the most talented trainers ever make it to a point where they can support themselves souly by battling Pokemon; just as only a very small fraction of those who play basketball make it to the NBA. So people like those twins and old men you've mentioned may be there to battle you one day, but given up on their trainer dream and working in an office the next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast