if pokemon are just pets or something,why does practicaly everyone has one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if pokemon are just pets or something,why does practicaly everyone has one?

The shock of lightning!! pikachu12's Avatar

Question if pokemon are just pets or something,why does practicaly everyone has one?

i have read somewhere that pokemon are just pets that people make battle,then why does everyone have one?i mean i've never met a character that is not a trainer.

There've been plenty in the Anime.

However, some, like little kids, seem to own them as pets rather then tools of battle.

Lightbulb

makes sense,but still,there's still too many trainers that use pokemon as tools.have you ever seen a pokemon show or game that's not about a trainer?

Maybe... because the show is called Pokémon and is about Pokémon?

And since the Pokémon can't usually talk, an episode focusing on Pokémon by themselves wouldn't be too interesting if it was a full-length episode.

+Satoshi Fangirl+

Pikachu's in Charge begs to differ.

makes sense,but still,there's still too many trainers that use pokemon as tools.have you ever seen a pokemon show or game that's not about a trainer?
    Mysterious Dungeon. And I liked that, FTR.

Question

and another thing,why are all the buildings have the word pokemon,there just too much pokemon stuff.when are they just gonna focus on real life things besides pokemon?

It's a game where the world revolves around them. What did you expect?

ok

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

A pokemon game without pokemon would be called... uh... lame.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu12 View Post
    have you ever seen a pokemon show or game that's not about a trainer?
    Magical Pokémon Journey. The only "trainer" in it is Almond, and he doesn't have any pokemon.

Question

if almond is a trainer,than doesn't that mean that he's not a trainer?

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uhh, if you mean "if he doesn't have Pokemon doesn't that mean he's not a trainer?" then he probably wants to be or something, I don't know the story. However, if you mean "if almond is a trainer,than doesn't that mean that he's not a trainer?", you've just contradicted yourself there, buddy.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

the whole world seems to revolve around its wildlife, as Habunake said, presumable for the sake of gameplay convenience. It's pretty standard for a lot of games in actuality (especially RPGs), but it's just more noticeable with Pokemon because, rather than human characters that the player has to take care of, the only real playables (at least in the sense that they can take damage, fight, and all that other good stuff in a video game) are animals that you raise. All shops are dedicated to selling items related to Pokemon because Pokemon are the only things you can really use them for (that is unless they had an RPG where you could customize your clothing or something, much like Battle Revolution), all NPCs seem to talk about is Pokemon in order to give the player some gameplay tips and insight on the fictional world, and much like Custom Robo, there're villains who just kinda stand there and challenge you to a fair fight to determine whether their scheme is foiled or not because that's quite simply how the battle system works. Given, they could use cutscenes in which they do something differently (Dakim in Colosseum being one example... kinda), but for the most part, they just conveniently let you save the world using the system the game provides you with. With the way the game's programmed, you can't expect to buy your own character a sword and armor or pull out a gun to kill a human villain (at least outside of a cutscene, and Pokemon seems more dedicated to its gameplay), now can you?

Given, the whole world seems to revolve around Pokemon in other mediums as well. This could be for one of two reasons: 1) advertising. I mean, especially with the anime, you know damn well they're gonna try to sell off their plushies by having every random person encountered talk about Pokemon, rarely focusing on the characterization of humans by themselves (human characterization is there quite often, but it's more often than not accompanied by a relationship with their Pokemon). 2) It's a game adaption. They simply tried too hard to make the world seem similar to the one in the game and not altering it in ways that could possibly make society more closely resemble our own or otherwise take focus away from the Pokemon (Pocket Monsters Special would be an example of this).

However, not all the mediums are like this. As Blackjack said, Pipipi Adventure has few actual trainers and seems to focus more on an average shoujo love plot between humans, with Pokemon acting as their own characters while not completely as the center of the universe (at least from what I've seen and heard of the series). Also, in Dengeki! Pikachu, a number of signs in the background and such actually depicted companies with names you'd expect to see in real life rather than names based around Pokemon. Some of this was changed in the Viz release however, and it's particularly noticeable in the first chapter. Where as in the original version, there's an electric company named "Misao Service", a building sign that says "Parco", or even a sign that simply says "Subway", Viz changed it to "Electrode Electric Service", "Mankey's Department Store", and "Metapod Metro" respectively.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

This is a series involvong Pokemon, and their trainers. Ash travelling around from place to place is bound to meet other trainers. You would not meet some random person traveling by foot without a Pokemon. In the cities, Ash and co. are usually at a Pokemon Center, a Gym, or a Contest, or any other Pokemon related event. These are all places where people with Pokemon would show up. Now just because you don't see people without them, doesn't mean that everyone has one.

And you've seriously never met a character without Pokemon? Where have you been for the Advance generation? Max does not own a Pokemon, and is not a trainer, he merely travels with them.

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    In the cities, Ash and co. are usually at a Pokemon Center, a Gym, or a Contest, or any other Pokemon related event.
    not precisely. Quite often, a filler will involve the characters coming upon a worksite, which should just act like any regular worksite would in real life, except that they throw a Pokemon's involvement in there just for the hell of it (even when usage of a living non-human being should be unnecessary with the current technology). Hanekko acting as weather balloons, anyone?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast