The "If Pokémon Were Real" thread - Page 50
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: The "If Pokémon Were Real" thread

Default Re: The "If Pokemon Were Real" thread

We'll in my behalf I would spent my days lazily fishing for magicarp and corsola, and along side me my Slowking. In reality pokemon wouldn't be so different or drastic as we all seem to think of it. Pokemon have been themed of of animals, objects, and legends. Yes it would b weird having a giant orange dragon blasting fire here and there, but the matter would adapt as the norm. To make a clearer view of this, maybe one hundred years ago a Panda was an animal of myth, but now we see it like an any day endangered animal. In a world full of pokemon the world would see these creatures as normal and accept it. Plus, everyone knows what would happen first, the militarized would get scared of this "new" "threat" that has appeared and try to fight it and get there assessed handed to them by lazer shooting giant blue sea serpents. Then after a while the kids and adults that the know the true nature of pokemon will shed the light on the matter(in theory) and all ends in opening gyms all over the world and discovering how to revive dinosaurs YAY!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "If Pokémon Were Real" thread

If they were real, then I'd live in the PMD world. Hopefully as a Pokemon. I don't really see how humans could exist in such a world, although the Explorers series has proof that they did...

Of course, if they existed in the world as it is, I shudder to think what kind of carnage would ensue as soon as wackadoodles like ISIS or... just about anyone, really... got their hands on a Pokemon, particularly pseudo-legends. The Pokemon world as we all know it seems to stay somewhat unaffected by Pokemon battles; I doubt that our world would be as flame-resistant, freeze-resistant, physically tough-as-nails, or bloodless. There would be a ton of blood for sure. Also, stuff like Mewtwo would be pretty common, I'd bet. Gene splicing, genetic engineering, and superweapon-breeding would probably become a staple to holding a position as a world power. Pretty disturbing, right? Especially if you consider how Mewtwo turned out in pretty much every story it's ever been featured in.

Basically, I think what our world (and our world's bad guys) would do with Pokemon would make just about every bad guy team from the games look like playground bullies. There wouldn't just be Pokemon theft; Pokemon would become humanity's new living weapons. Think Shadow Pokemon and Cipher times a billion on a global scale. I know they should be treated as friends and not tools, but I can't see any other way everyone would view them... if they don't try to annihilate them all first. Either way, the world would become a very dangerous place. Pokemon would not mix with the way our world works at all.

The only way Pokemon could be real- but not destabilize everything- would be for them to exist in... the world we see them in. A reality that lets Fire-types battle indoors without burning everything down, and the economy runs on a single pastime without a government or sovereign needed to keep it under control. Where the biggest problems are crazy teams that can be ROFLstomped by a ten-year-old, and those who believe Pokemon battling should be banned are considered nutjobs. I'd much rather wake up and realize I've somehow arrived in the Pokemon world rather than waking up and finding out the Pokemon had come to us.
    Last edited by BlackOsprey; 9th August 2014 at 11:52 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Skill Link, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.
    Can you ever have too many claims? ...Nah, of course not.

Registered User TheMightyHeracross's Avatar

If Pokemon were real, either humans or the Pokemon would become extinct real fast. Humans would try to kill them all either for resources or out of fear of their powers. But given how powerful many of the Pokemon are, as well as the fact that they would be intelligent enough to know what was going on, they would fight back with extreme force.
    Soulsilver Team:

Lv. 39Lv. 39Lv. 39Lv. 43Lv. 56Lv. 76

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

I'd still be playing Pokemon in 3DS as I think that would be safer for me than trying to tame and train Salamence or Gengar.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    I'd still be playing Pokemon in 3DS as I think that would be safer for me than trying to tame and train Salamence or Gengar.
    Yeah this would be me, and I'd probably just chill around with a Slowking or some other lazy Pokemon.

Lol I would just play 3DS wouldnt bother with Pokemon if they were real they would be way to powerful to co-exist with humans unless humans are completely accepting. Which history doesn't really agree with.

EDIT: If I needed a Pokemon to defend me I'd probably get a Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise to cover me.

Blog Entries

I'd go from region to region joining the villainous teams, reap the benefits then skedaddle when everything goes wrong.
    then beat the crap out of the kid who created our downfall, take the legends off of him and use them for myself if I didn't have them already. Hue hue hue hue
    Then if I feel like it defeat the champion of each region then just leave.
    A title's a title.

FC: 4725-8143-3936 Y: Serenade AS: Lys
    Claims: Mega Gyarados, Noble Roar, Stance Change, King's Rock, Reshiram Doll, Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Pokemon were real, I'd be cuddling with my Golurk right now, as I need it.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Sig's still FE:A though Alexg23's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Alexg23 on Google+
    Visit Alexg23's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    If Pokemon were real, I'd be cuddling with my Golurk right now, as I need it.
    Ah yes, an obligatory @Silverwynde; post where she talks about the millions of billions of Golett and Golurk she'll have. Not that that's a bad thing of course.

I'd be content just going around and trying to get as many fire types as I can.

FE:A clears: 3

Claims - Mel
    oetta (Aria) - Relic Song - Refrigerate - Safety Goggles - Ability Capsule
    Namer of CameraFlashShipping (Calem & Alexa (XY))

I think the government would recruit them for weapons of mass destructions if Pokémon were real.

Bulbanews Writer aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter
    Follow aliveatnight on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOsprey View Post
    If they were real, then I'd live in the PMD world. Hopefully as a Pokemon. I don't really see how humans could exist in such a world, although the Explorers series has proof that they did...

Of course, if they existed in the world as it is, I shudder to think what kind of carnage would ensue as soon as wackadoodles like ISIS or... just about anyone, really... got their hands on a Pokemon, particularly pseudo-legends. The Pokemon world as we all know it seems to stay somewhat unaffected by Pokemon battles; I doubt that our world would be as flame-resistant, freeze-resistant, physically tough-as-nails, or bloodless. There would be a ton of blood for sure. Also, stuff like Mewtwo would be pretty common, I'd bet. Gene splicing, genetic engineering, and superweapon-breeding would probably become a staple to holding a position as a world power. Pretty disturbing, right? Especially if you consider how Mewtwo turned out in pretty much every story it's ever been featured in.

Basically, I think what our world (and our world's bad guys) would do with Pokemon would make just about every bad guy team from the games look like playground bullies. There wouldn't just be Pokemon theft; Pokemon would become humanity's new living weapons. Think Shadow Pokemon and Cipher times a billion on a global scale. I know they should be treated as friends and not tools, but I can't see any other way everyone would view them... if they don't try to annihilate them all first. Either way, the world would become a very dangerous place. Pokemon would not mix with the way our world works at all.

The only way Pokemon could be real- but not destabilize everything- would be for them to exist in... the world we see them in. A reality that lets Fire-types battle indoors without burning everything down, and the economy runs on a single pastime without a government or sovereign needed to keep it under control. Where the biggest problems are crazy teams that can be ROFLstomped by a ten-year-old, and those who believe Pokemon battling should be banned are considered nutjobs. I'd much rather wake up and realize I've somehow arrived in the Pokemon world rather than waking up and finding out the Pokemon had come to us.
    Sadly, this is exactly what I see happening. The way humans are would never be able to coexist with them.

However, in a positive mindset I would be having fun running around with my little Houndour!

My Pokémon Blog
    Claims: Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Arena), Sif (Dark Souls), Evoker (Persoma 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable), Greatsheild of Artorias (Dark Souls), Nightingale Bow (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

I would also think that if Pokémon were real then it would probably be a reality tv show.

All of our energy problems would be solved, though. Sort of. There are pretty clearly 2 different subtypes of electric pokemon - ones that passively produce electricity and are thus electric type (Mareep and friends), and ones that eat electricity to survive and are thus electric type (Magnemite and friends). Basically, Mareep farms are way better than coal plants at producing electricity, and they would be farmed on a mass scale, while Magnemite and other "energy parasites" would be hunted down vigorously.

So the future looks pretty bleak for the two electric types, but the Mareep species' freedom may be the sacrificial lamb that lets us avoid climate change.

As a possible side effect of this, Torkoal are going to be really happy and flourish as a species when they discover that humans no longer need coal but have vast mines of it opened up.

All of our energy problems would be solved, though. Sort of. There are pretty clearly 2 different subtypes of electric pokemon - ones that passively produce electricity and are thus electric type (Mareep and friends), and ones that eat electricity to survive and are thus electric type (Magnemite and friends). Basically, Mareep farms are way better than coal plants at producing electricity, and they would be farmed on a mass scale, while Magnemite and other "energy parasites" would be hunted down vigorously.

So the future looks pretty bleak for the two electric types, but the Mareep species' freedom may be the sacrificial lamb that lets us avoid climate change.

As a possible side effect of this, Torkoal are going to be really happy and flourish as a species when they discover that humans no longer need coal but have vast mines of it opened up.

Follow LordSeliph On Twitter Add LordSeliph on Facebook Add LordSeliph on Google+ Add LordSeliph on MySpace
    Add LordSeliph on Linkedin Follow LordSeliph on Tumblr Follow LordSeliph on Flickr Visit LordSeliph's Youtube Channel

One of two scenarios:

1. We live like we do now
    2. Jumanji 2
    Last edited by LordSeliph; 31st August 2014 at 09:48 PM.

3DS FC:4468-1383-6014
    IGN:Countess90
    Somewhere, there's a psychiatrist named "Lunatic"

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast