The "If Pokémon Were Real" thread - Page 39

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: The "If Pokémon Were Real" thread

Default Re: The "If Pokémon Were Real" thread

I'd have my Chespin (Gen VI Grass Starter) with me, all the time.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic65883_1.gifIf you can have any Pokemon ability in real life what would it be? Mines Levitate, Tough Claws or Arena Trap!

Blog Entries

Phone's battery is low? Magnezone, use Discharge!
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The "If Pokemon Were Real" thread

If Pokemon were real...

I would enroll in Pokemon Tech (you know, the 4-year school that allows you to go to the League without journeying for badges)
    It may be difficult, but I will be able to reach the League

My Pokemon team should have been (if my region had to choose Kanto starters):

Charizard(my starter)
    Linoone (first caught Pokemon)
    Krookodile (I once caught a Sandile at the beach)
    Floatzel (caught as a Buizel at the nearby river)
    Porygon-Z (cause I am a computer maniac)
    Electivire (caught as an Elekid from the neraby power plant)

Charizard to fly my everywhere and keep me warm, major partner.
    Linoone to search for hidden treasures
    Krookodile to lift heavy objects and underground getaways
    Floatzel for sea transportation
    PorygonZ for Internet surfing
    Electivire for much needed electricity
    Last edited by Zexy; 3rd February 2013 at 03:46 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't think I could leave home for too long at a time.

I would probably be a local trainer/crime fighter. All I'd need is a few unexpected (locally rare) Pokémon to train.

Blog Entries

Good god, it would be all out bloody, f'ing war. Have any of you read the terrifying pokedex entries for some of the mons? In the immortal words of Seth Green, "Holy fucking ass crackers!". The ghost pokemon alone are enough to make me think the pokemon world is nothing but a constant waking nightmare for all involved. Translate that to the real world? I think I'd arm myself to the tooth in a bunker with one of the less scary psychic pokemon and never come out.
    White: 3826-0624-3213

Blog Entries

I'd always sleep with a dark-type. too many ghost-types...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fengor View Post
    The ghost pokemon alone are enough to make me think the pokemon world is nothing but a constant waking nightmare for all involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Yes, a Gengar would probably kill you and laugh. I'll be the first to admit that. They are terrifying. But, not every Ghost type hungers for your immortal soul. There are those who wouldn't hurt you--granted, they are few and far between but not every Ghost type is going to be a hideous monster hellbent on killing you.

And before you ask--yeah, I'd hang around the nonthreatening Ghosts. I mean, does this look like it would want to hurt you at all? Remeber: Golett is part Ghost but it and Golurk aren't the vicious sort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patrician View Post
    This topic is one with many things to consider. I will not go into too much detail about it but I have written pages and pages about this stuff and I considered using it as a media project.

If Pokemon existed and came into being somehow there would, as this thread proves, an awful amount of people willing to take in pokemon and befriend them. However, something you have to take into consideration is the media's influence on this, and by media I mean the anime and games. The majority of pokemon fans would act in such a way towards pokemon simply because they've seen Ash, Red or some other figurehead act the same way and they understand that it is socially acceptable.

The sad fact is though that the majority of people on the planet and most probably all of the influential people don't watch Pokemon and therefore don't know what it is about or what is/n't socially acceptable in their Universe. If Pokemon did spontaneously appear in the world, extermination or containment of the pokemon would be unavoidable and that means most pokemon fans would conform or become fugitives and I know it's only hypothetical but let's be honest, when faced with a decision of your life, would you be willing to sacrifice yourself for a single pokemon? Would you? I know I said no.
    I'm willing to take a bullet for my cat. I'm not kidding. If somebody were to try and hurt my Sammy, I would hurt them. And I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Now, I've said time and time again that I would take in any abandoned Golett or Golurk out there; if someone went after one of my "kids" I know for a fact that I'd go after them. If I'm willing to act as a living shield for my cat, you better damn well believe I'd do the exact same thing for a Golett. If it's in my care, then I'll do whatever it takes to protect it. No ifs, and or buts. With that said, there is something else that bothers me, something I hadn't considered until very recently.

Scientific experimentation.

We're dealing with creatures that can shoot fire, ice and electricity. There are plenty of "inquisitive" minds who would love to know how that may function. So what would they do? Pokemon vivisections. It would be nothing for a top scientist to slice open a Pikachu in order to study the internal workings or rip a Golurk to pieces in order to extract the energy from it. In that case, the phrase "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" may come into play and we may have to team up with an organization similar to PeTA in order to stop the slaughter. Not a pretty thought, believe me.
    Helioptile likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Try sleeping with Darkrai... XDD

If pokemon were real, I'd mostly rely on Psychic pokemons to do all the thinking for me

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

If pokemon were real I'd ask an Alakazam how the universe was made.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Nyx

If Pokemon were real I'd raise a Sylveon and then take it to have the ribbon on its ear surgically removed...jk.

I'd probably raise a Persian and have it use Pay Day for hours so I will never have to work myself. :D
    Kutomba likes this.

If Pokemon were real I'd imagine councils would catch Psyduck and Golduck and stick them everywhere so that weather-inducing moves and abilities don't go out of whack...

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

I could probably never be a trainer. Even watching Pokemon battles in the anime upsets me sometimes. I understand it's the bond between trainer and Pokemon, all that stuff, but I hate seeing Pokemon get hurt. I couldn't let my Pokemon go through so much just to get a little piece of metal. I'd do contests or run a day care or something.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Follow Bironicus On Twitter
    Visit Bironicus's Youtube Channel

I'd be at least 3 stone lighter than I am in real life, considering how much cycling my character does in order to breed Pokemon. And think about it, the discovery of Missingno would probably lead to global desturction, with people evaporating into thin air with Pokemon and Animals curling in on themselves. Ughh...

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I'll having some small cute Pokémon as my pets... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    With that said, there is something else that bothers me, something I hadn't considered until very recently.

Scientific experimentation.

We're dealing with creatures that can shoot fire, ice and electricity. There are plenty of "inquisitive" minds who would love to know how that may function. So what would they do? Pokemon vivisections. It would be nothing for a top scientist to slice open a Pikachu in order to study the internal workings or rip a Golurk to pieces in order to extract the energy from it. In that case, the phrase "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" may come into play and we may have to team up with an organization similar to PeTA in order to stop the slaughter. Not a pretty thought, believe me.
    Dear god...that makes sense. I seriously never thought about that. If Pokemon DO suddenly appear, and that does happen, I'm really afraid of what I might do. I really do want to be the law abiding protagonist, but I know that if that were to happen I would probably make my own Team and start ripping pokemon away from irresponsible trainers. Than get my ass whooped by a ten year old kid....
    james.mathis.144 likes this.
    "Drown in Despair. This is the power of Madara Uchiha! Divine Power!"
    "Love is not necessary. Power is the only TRUE necessity!"
    "Oh, so they stopped the first meteor?...Let's see them stop the second one."

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast