If Leaf ever appears in canon, what would her role be?

Thread: If Leaf ever appears in canon, what would her role be?

Blog Entries

Default If Leaf ever appears in canon, what would her role be?

I would say "When", but I'm just being safe. No "Does she exist or not" wars.

What do you suppose her role would be, if she appears in a future game or is referenced to?

A friend of the Kanto duo? Sibling Relative of Red? Unrelated person? Does she even live in Pallet Town?

Plus, what would she have been doing all these years and what would her role be in that game?

Default Re: If Leaf ever appears in canon, what would her role be?

This is just my guess,
    but her looks have allways reminded me of a bug cather.

My guess is that if there'd be another bug cathing contest,
    we'd see her among the contestants, but nothing more.

Or something like they did with Brennan.

Blog Entries

As they wasted a perfect chance in HGSS, I think the next best thing would be to showcase Leaf as a wandering Trainer in a way akin to Touya/Touko in Black/White, where your opposite gender counterpart ends up being your Multi Battle partner.

That's her only realistic chance, as an easter egg of sorts. They could go for the "Holy shit what an awesome twist!" and make her a focal supporting character of the storyline of a future game. But yeah, I doubt GameFreak could be capable of such a feat, seeing how they couldn't even do something as simple as a cameo for Leaf, let alone a feature as Johto's Tower Tycoon in HGSS.

Sad to say, I have no hopes for Leaf ever appearing anymore, because they screwed it all up. Oh well, I can only hope they get enlightened and surprise me in the future, as doubtful as it is.
    lol I got bored.

^agreed. I think it could've been kind of cool, but stupid at the same time if you picked a girl character and you fight Leaf instead of Red..(Ialways call her Green, I find it more fitting)

Anyways, I still think that Leaf should appear, but I really think they screwed it up cause I really don't see a good chance for her to appear anymore...

Isn't the manga canon? She kind of appearsd there because Green has the same clothes as her....
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 13th December 2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: potentially offending word editted out

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the Sevii Islands were in HGSS, she should be found in them.

No more details other than a wandering trainer of some sort with an strong team. No NPCs talking about her everywhere unlike Red. Perhaps a pair of references to her by Lostelle and Bill's friend, but otherwise just a mysterious surprise trainer.

It's probably more boring than what most people would want, but I would find cool to reach some solitary island in the middle of nowhere and enter battle without a word.

I don't see her in any other region and in any other game.

The FRLG heroine's role would be what Red's role was: A secret boss on top of Mt. Silver. But here, I'm glad she wasn't given the same treatment as Red was. Makes me free to imagine what her character is doing right now, instead of the game killing any free will and telling me what she's doing.
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 14th December 2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: fixed the wording
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Cartoonist

In the games, she should be in a Yellow Remake, with a Flying Type Theme, and a starter Charizard, and Replace Gary as the Champion, after he's beaten,
    Spoiler for Black/White...

In The Anime, she should be the Champion of Kanto, that defeats Ash when he becomes a Pokemon Master, Ash deciding that he's just going to spend time at home for a while, then travel the world, looking for new Pokemon, meeting new people, and discovering new places. This would be the Series finale, Two 1hr. episodes with flashbacks of Ash's most important Journies, and movies;

These are spoilers which may be better than the actual Pokemon Series

The Next Spoiler is the cream of the crop! (Whatever that means)

Last edited by Tattletale1; 15th December 2010 at 07:22 PM.

Master of all balls. Pocket Ace's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leaf is so underrated, it's sad. Even though she wasn't the first playable implemented girl, we've seen that she was designed back then and left out for reasons unknown. Then they brought her back for FRLG, redesigning her to be like Red; then left her out of HGSS. And I'm convinced by this
    that she HAS to appear somewhere someday. If anywhere, she should be on the Sevii Islands. She was formally introduced along with it, plus both are unseen/unreferenced in HGSS. I'm hoping that for a Pokemon sequel again soon like GSC was to RGBY and I really want her to have some type (any type, even as miniscule as Ethan/Lyra or Touya/Touko) in the story to show that she exists somewhere. She also needs to get her butt into the anime.

Credits to @Power of Aura :D

N.k

Quote Originally Posted by Tattletale1 View Post
    In the games, she should be in a Yellow Remake, with a Flying Type Theme, and a starter Charizard, and Replace Gary as the Champion, after he's beaten,
    Spoiler for Black/White...

In The Anime, she should be the Champion of Kanto, that defeats Ash when he becomes a Pokemon Master, Ash deciding that he's just going to spend time at home for a while, then travel the world, looking for new Pokemon, meeting new people, and discovering new places. This would be the Series finale, Two 1hr. episodes with flashbacks of Ash's most important Journies, and movies;

These are spoilers which may be better than the actual Pokemon Series

The Next Spoiler is the cream of the crop! (Whatever that means)

... What?

Anyway, I would love for the female character to appear again, maybe she could
    appear as someone you run into by accident like Silver, then battle.

And to be honest, it makes sense for the anime to exclude her. They always take out the awesome human characters.[/shot]
    Seriously? Seriously? Seriously? Seriously?