Ideas For New Types
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas For New Types

Default Ideas For New Types

For the past two generations, there has been a serious lack of new types in Pokemon. What it really needs is a new approach to make the Pokemon world look as if more imagination was put into it.

My suggestions for new types are as follows:

Fantasy
    Light
    Antler
    Gemstone
    Furry
    Gryphon
    Pegasus
    Astro
    Blood

If anyone has any other ideas for new types, please, do not hesitate to post your concepts.
    I have an angry Arctic Wolf Pokemon called Howlupolar as an alter ego, and I'm not afraid to use her. I also have a mischevious Weavile, a graceful Pegafrost, a daunting Articuno, a playful Glaceon and a shy Lapras as my other selves. Plus many more.

Because I'm an Ice-Poketaku.

But the types have to involve elements. I think Light is the only one on your list that seems logical enough to be an actual type. o.o

"Furry"..?

...*shudder* No. I think we have enough types as it is... Psychic is kind of the counterpart to Dark, and.. yeah. >__>;

I always wanted there to be Dark, Metal, Light and Wind. Now, there is Dark and Metal and Light will probably be the next (and Light and Dark types maybe will be immune to each others or super effective). I don't think there will be Wind though, since there is Flying already.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Learn from Missingno... Bird!
    I don't think we can have anymore types without conflicting.

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

Sound
    Light
    Cosmic/Space

Er... yeah, that's it. I'm pretty sure you could fit existing pokemon into those typings.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

if you guys want i have a whole forum for this kinda stuff its http://www.officalfakedex.forumotion.com

Nivapryasseon, your new type ideas have got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

But I'm not saying anything about you, so don't get offended.

I will now say what I think is wrong with all of your types:

Fantasy- Too general. Also, considering that Pokemon are NOT REAL, fantasy seems like an obnoxiously stupid type.

Light- Actually, this one isn't too bad, but I'm sure you didn't think it up. You probably got the idea from one of the thousands of people yelling about it online.

Antler- WTF is this? It would apply to like, one Pokemon and just prevent them from having two real types.

Gemstone- Ugh. No. We already have rock, and adding gemstone would be stupid, considering that two generations that named their games after gemstones have gone by.

Furry- I'm sorry, but I really don't want to say anything about this. It's too stupid. Maybe Tina has a psyche durable enough for it, but I don't.

Gryphon- We already have flying. Also, are you really anticipating more than one Pokemon to be gryphon-like?

Pegasus- Same reasons as gryphon, but switch the names.

Astro- No. Aside from that name being very stupid sounding, introducing (many) Pokemon from outer space would take the game in a direction that I'm sure it's developers do not want it to go in. Not yet at least.

Blood- This just takes the cake (actually Furry does, but I don't want to talk about that). This is actually painfully stupid. Nobody wants some loser emos going around talking about how their favorite Pokemon is some stupid emo-Lucario thing. I vote to keep Pokemon from becoming Pokemon.

Okay, it was a bad pun. I couldn't think of anything good.

Blog Entries

XDDDD Those types are kind of lame man.

No, I take that back, Those types are LAME. Not just lame, but LAME, see the difference?

We already have the types we need. Each type has a counterpart, and pretty much all elements and what not are represented. Wind, I can understand, but we have flying for that, its just that theres no pure flying type pokemon. Light would be the counterpart to dark, Right? We have psychic for that.. The Reason Dark was created anyway, was To balance things out, because phychic was so powerful the 1st gen.

All pokemon represent, either, an animal, an idea, an element, or more than one of those. We don't need anymore types, I wish people would stop griping about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

My first thought about a Light type was a favourable one, but after giving it a bit of reflection, it seems unnecessary. As several have already said, Psychic is the effective opposite of Dark, and I can't imagine much else that Light could do.

That aside, I would like to see at least one Pokémon with the ??? type.

Well, many normal-types looks Light-elemental. Anyway, when I made some "fakemon" there was Metal, Dark and Light (light replaced normal-type). Pokémon did not have these Types (dark/metal came later though). I'm not thinking of the balance of type advantages and such but, if there is Darkness there has to be Lighta as well. Usually it is so.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Blog Entries

I like the ideas for Light and Sound types.

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nivapryasseon View Post
    What it really needs is a new approach to make the Pokemon world look as if more imagination was put into it.
    I don't know about you guys...but that made me chuckle. More imagination? They're throwing out 100+ pokemon each generation, and there's no end in sight so far.

But yeah, I'm with the consensus here about those fake types, except I don't think Light would be acceptable because Psychic was intended to be its balance of sorts.

Yeh.. these are weird... light is a good one though, and i would add a type 'tech' for my fakemon 'sharkulator'
    Code:1976 7929 3334

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I like the ideas for Light and Sound types.
    Light is gonna be the same as psychic and sound... Whismur, Loudred and Exploud, the oppurtunity is long gone.

Space/Cosmic too late (Deoxys), wouldn't really be very different from Psychic as far as i can see.

Blood - We have Dark, that's as far as we're going for evil types

Furry - ... WHAT!?! I mean seriously what were you thinking?

Antler - Ok, this is taking the piss now... Antler? What Why? I can't express how stupid this type would be

Pegasus/Gryphon - Gimme 1 pokemon that would fit here?

Keep 'em coming!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast