I just don't get it... Why IS Lavender Town so scary? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I just don't get it... Why IS Lavender Town so scary?

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

Default Re: I just don't get it... Why IS Lavender Town so scary?

We, humans, hate songs which sound like ghosts or related to ghosts, you're not human?. The bgm of Lavender Town is very creepy everyone finds it really very scary, me too.
    Also there's the Pokémon Tower where dead Pokémon are buried and ghost Pokémon roam around, more creepy without the Silph Scope. That tower changes the atmosphere of the town to an old and creepy place, Celedon Town ain't scary isn't it? There's the Mall and the Game Corner, its a place for fun! Did you ever visit a cemetery on a cold and foggy night? If you haven't, go there and you'll definitely be scared as hell.

And put on the Lavender Town's music, as a cherry on top.

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.

Double Trouble. Shayminlover123's Avatar

Lavedner town isn't scary its just what people have to say about it

The thing about lavender town is mostly the level of shock and contrast as opposed to the rest of the normally chipper game. When a child is playing a video game he essentially is bought into the world of the game as opposed to just being a player of it. You can remember as a little kid can't you? You weren't just playing a pokemon trainer trying to become a pokemon master, you were that trainer. And here you are, out of nowhere, being subjected to the fact that this world isn't exactly perfect and all as awesome as it was cracked up to be. Shooting a Pkmn that saved its mother is obviously not the worst that can ever happen, and hell,many pokemon villains afterwards have even done worse. As older teenagers, we can easily say that with conviction. However, when the majority of us played rby, or frlg, we were just children. someone getting shot to protect their loved children was actually pretty intense. And when you are being the pokemon trainer, it really sinks in. The music, what its dissonant and melancholy 8bitty eeriness, only help add to the atmosphere of the area, along with the townspeople who are as equally disturbed as you are meant to be. It's mostly psychological. No one committed suicide though. The original green version defeinitely had it's own more eerie backing, but all it did was cause kids to throw up.

Nyx

I think it's a combination of Lavender's music, the ghosts, the seemingly posessed Chennelers, the dead Marowak and all the creepypasta that make Lavender Town seem so scary. I wasn't too scared when I first played it though, and I find Lavender's theme awesome.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345