I just don't get it... Why IS Lavender Town so scary? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I just don't get it... Why IS Lavender Town so scary?

Default Re: I just don't get it... Why IS Lavender Town so scary?

Why did they make the song so long, like 6 minutes, when you're never in the town that long? 6 minutes is a lot for an old Game Boy song.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well, it sounds more positive and happier in gold/heartgold. Apart from that, its just the stupid urban legend about it causing suicides and all that bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Ok, I'm gonna answer this in the most efficient way.

1) Creepypastas are NOT websites. They are a form of copypasta, which if you don't know is basically like passed around stories and stuff like that. Creepypastas usually focus on disturbing stuff, they're basically supposed to mess with your mind. It may also be worth mentioning if you couldn't figure out yourself, creepypastas are 99% of the time fictional. They do not cause kids to commit suicide. They are stories made to fuck with your head.

2) Lavender Town isn't scary, there was a creepypasta written about the ORIGINAL music from Red, Blue, and Yellow for Lavender Town saying that it caused headaches and bleeding and nausea, etc. This is why Lavender Town is considered by some to be scary.

3) Did you listen to the FR/LG version or the actual R/B/Y version the creepypasta is talking about? Because if you didn't, then of course it won't be scary. They sissied it up in FR/LG. The music is also reversed by some guy who claims that it has a subliminal message. It's called Missing Frequencies. In reality, the song simply sounded like it did because of the GameBoy's crappy monochrome speakers and stuff like that. The music was like what, 8-Bit? That's why it sounded the way it did.

So please, get your facts right before posting about something. Jesus Christ

I personally am not afraid of Lavender Town, it's not even the town that is the central focus of being scared, it's the background music itself from R/B/Y.
    Last edited by Pride; 20th April 2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Shiny Shinx and Sith Droideka like this.

hi

It scares me because the music is like the beating of a person's heart as they run in terror, mixed with the sound of a door on rusty hinges opening by itself, the sound of an insect crawling across your skin as well as the sound one hears in their soul when death has touched everyone around them and is now approaching them. That is why it scares me.

That is why I turned off the music when I enter there. That is why I never entered Lavender Town when I play the game at night. Not because of some stupid rumor.

Because that place is death. The place where the cold blue colour of a corpse's skin mixes with the brutal red colour of blood. Where spirits wants you to leave. Leave now. Or else... They. Will. Take. You.

That and I am very easily scared. ^_^'
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

ღ Still Counting ღ Caprizant's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Caprizant on Tumblr

I find the music soothing. I honestly don't get what everyone sees as scary in it. But at least it's lead to several great creepypastas.
    Sith Droideka likes this.

"Cheer up baby, it wasn't always quite so bad; for every bit of venom that came out, the antidote was had."
    F&GRulesLast.fmTPPSDaveVriskaKurlozRoseRoxyPorrimUser TitleLocationQuote

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    It scares me because the music is like the beating of a person's heart as they run in terror, mixed with the sound of a door on rusty hinges opening by itself, the sound of an insect crawling across your skin as well as the sound one hears in their soul when death has touched everyone around them and is now approaching them. That is why it scares me.
    .... It's just gameboy-quality music, I honestly don't see how the track even remotely sounds like any of that, let alone all of it.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    .... It's just gameboy-quality music, I honestly don't see how the track even remotely sounds like any of that, let alone all of it.
    How am I suppose to explain why I hear that when I listen to that song? Am I suppose to explain at what parts and what beats remind me of each description? Screw that, I'm not bothering with that. It would take forever to explain. Not to mention it would be near impossible to describe it in words with it being a song and everything, unless I knew the name of every note which I don't. And even if I did it doesn't matter any ways because I was being metaphorical. I'm just using visual images to describe the feelings and sensations I get when hearing the music.

Thanks for ruining my entire description by using unfeeling interpretation, you really made my day. ;(
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.

Blog Entries

...God, will you just settle down? I was just pointing out the obvious. There is no reason to take my response THAT personally.

Follow Jenni on Tumblr

I've always found Lavender a rather relaxing town. It;s small, out of the way, the music is pretty relaxing to me, for gameboy music at least, both in the red/green original and in the red/blue updated music.
    The only really creepy thing about it to me is that the grave site of a lot of pokemon is desecrated - first by rockets, and later by it being converted into a radio tower. But once things settle down and the rockets are handled, until it's converted into a radio tower, I always liked it as a small calm place for dead pokemon to rest.
    Check out my LP channel, I do mostly roguelikes. https://www.youtube.com/rogueswonderland

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

The answer: the only people afraid of Lavender Town are tropers. Because it's really not scary whatsoever, no matter if you believe in ghosts or not.

Plus the music is about as scary as miniature pinscher.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

How am I suppose to explain why I hear that when I listen to that song? Am I suppose to explain at what parts and what beats remind me of each description? Screw that, I'm not bothering with that. It would take forever to explain. Not to mention it would be near impossible to describe it in words with it being a song and everything, unless I knew the name of every note which I don't. And even if I did it doesn't matter any ways because I was being metaphorical. I'm just using visual images to describe the feelings and sensations I get when hearing the music.

Thanks for ruining my entire description by using unfeeling interpretation, you really made my day. ;(
    Oy my God, calm down! Read my post, it'll all make sense. It sounds nothing like that, no need for silly metaphors. Honestly, it's just a creepypasta story. Listening to the music without reading the creepypasta is like listening to Lady Gaga. Both will make you wanna mute your volume, but you won't freak your shit over it. Isamu's actually right. I couldn't find the words to describe the speakers, but she did. And she's right too. That's the ONLY reason the theme sounds scary.

Jesus, calm down.

Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by BanetteWobbuffet View Post
    Creepypasta is a website that tells "creepy" stories. From what I've heard, as I've never gone on it, they are mostly about things causing little kids to commit suicide.
    Not true.I've been on there and they have some freaky shit,but some stuff like Slenderman is goddamn scary and has nothing to do with kids.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post

Oy my God, calm down! Read my post, it'll all make sense. It sounds nothing like that, no need for silly metaphors. Honestly, it's just a creepypasta story. Listening to the music without reading the creepypasta is like listening to Lady Gaga. Both will make you wanna mute your volume, but you won't freak your shit over it. Isamu's actually right. I couldn't find the words to describe the speakers, but she did. And she's right too. That's the ONLY reason the theme sounds scary.

Jesus, calm down.
    1. I don't like it when I try to make a post about my actual fears and have some one mock me for having emotions. It feels like I'm talking to a bunch of robots.

2. Did you not read my original post. I said I wasn't afraid of Lavender Town because of some stupid rumor. I was afraid of this town back when I was seven before the internet was popular and way before any rumor was floating around about Lavender Town (not any I knew of anyways). I was afraid of Lavender Town because it had a ghost that yelled at you to get out, it had people being possessed, it had a creepy girl who said a ghost's hand was on my shoulder and it had music that had high pitch notes and dreary, I'm sorry but that freaks me out. I has fears of ghost and death I'm sorry if I get a little bit terrified because of that.

Blog Entries

1. I don't like it when I try to make a post about my actual fears and have some one mock me for having emotions. It feels like I'm talking to a bunch of robots.

2. Did you not read my original post. I said I wasn't afraid of Lavender Town because of some stupid rumor. I was afraid of this town back when I was seven before the internet was popular and way before any rumor was floating around about Lavender Town (not any I knew of anyways). I was afraid of Lavender Town because it had a ghost that yelled at you to get out, it had people being possessed, it had a creepy girl who said a ghost's hand was on my shoulder and it had music that had high pitch notes and dreary, I'm sorry but that freaks me out. I has fears of ghost and death I'm sorry if I get a little bit terrified because of that.
    Excuse me, I was not mocking, I was just pointing out the obvious.

Just please, calm down, and please do not take our responses that close to heart. If anything, it's only giving you a worse impression.

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

creepypasta? I love creepypasta! Well, at least this one story they got about a haunted Zelda cartridge...
    Anyway, in FR/LG I did find the Lavender Town music kind of creepy. Maybe because I was young and naive. Maybe it was because it just penetrated the crack of my sturdiness that everything else forged. I'm not sure if it would still scare me today, but it might, It just might.
    Still, there is one feature I bless: the volume switch. If the music really does creep you out, just turn the volume off.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast