Hypothesis: Origins of legendary/non-breeding Pokemon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypothesis: Origins of legendary/non-breeding Pokemon

Arrow Hypothesis: Origins of legendary/non-breeding Pokemon

Excuse me if this is in the wrong section, but I have a general pokemon theory question. Although impossible in the games, is there a chance that legendary pokemon such as Victini did originally hatch from an egg, or are they presumed to always have existed?
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Default re: Hypothesis: Origins of legendary/non-breeding Pokemon

I go on the idea, unless otherwise stated, all Pokemon originated in the standard way.

The issue I have with "Legendary" Pokemon is that all too often a Pokemon is labelled "legendary"
    for no other reason then because they're rare and/or "Powerful" and just because of "Legends" told about them.
    Then that word is then used as being synonymous with a Pokemon of 'Special' Creation or Origin.

So, what makes a Pokemon "Legendary" other then a just title we attribute to them?

In Victini's Case, we label him a "Legendary" solely because of his History and the Myths surrounding him
    and partly because he's such a Powerhouse in a cute package.
    And because his Origin is a mystery, it only contributes to his "Legendary" status
    but that's no reason to believe he does not have one.

Though, on that note, there's nothing to say that Victini isn't one of the First Pokemon created by Mew when the World was young.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, the legendary pixies were said to come from an egg. And if you have Ranger, you can hatch a Manaphy egg in Gen IV. So yes, I guess.

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

In the Regigigas Dex entry, it made the three golems out of clay, ice, magma and stuff.

I think various in-game myths point to that the creation Trio from Gen 3 are formed from their respective environments they live in.

Lugia baby is shown in the anime, and I personally consider the existence of small Lugias to be 'canon,' whatever that 'canon' is relative to lol, and they reproduce normally.

I always imagine there were a bunch of Mews running about in the ancient Pokemon World, in that case some sort of reproduction was likely until something came about and greatly reduced their numbers.

And yeah the Lake Trio came from the same egg as the above comment says. Also Ditto + Manaphy yields Phione eggs.

Some Pokemon like Ho-oh or Kyurem, I wouldn't be surprised if they were born from within the Fire or Ice, or Celebi born from the essence of 'Forest lives,' or if they explain the origin of Zekrom and Reshiram to be manifestation of Ideals and Truths lol.

After all, they've got to come from somewhere, even Arceus hatched from an egg "in a place where there was nothing."

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

The thread title has been changed to reflect the discussion topic.

Default Re: Hypothesis: Origins of legendary/non-breeding Pokemon

Binary Fission I guess

?

Blog Entries

In the Special Sinjoh Ruins event, you see a cut-scene of an egg hatching before you receive your Giratina, Plakia or Dialga, so presumably Arceus zapped an egg into existence and it then hatched from the egg.

So, probably yes, because Arceus. He's poke-God, after all. Are you doubting what he can do?

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    In the Special Sinjoh Ruins event, you see a cut-scene of an egg hatching before you receive your Giratina, Plakia or Dialga, so presumably Arceus zapped an egg into existence and it then hatched from the egg.

So, probably yes, because Arceus. He's poke-God, after all. Are you doubting what he can do?
    Not imparticularly, but I was just curious as to the origins of the other Pokemon like Victini that I mentioned that do not have a soul purpose. I mean The creation trio control space, time and matter, but Victini and Darkrai, although powerful, do not serve a physical bond to anything. Darkrai gives nightmares, which is not beneficial. I was just wondering whether they are all expected to be from an egg? Is it like the cause theory: Everything has one cause, and that is God (Arceus)?

Blog Entries

I was totally kidding about he whole 'are you question Arceus/god?' thing.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    Not imparticularly, but I was just curious as to the origins of the other Pokemon like Victini that I mentioned that do not have a soul purpose. I mean The creation trio control space, time and matter, but Victini and Darkrai, although powerful, do not serve a physical bond to anything. Darkrai gives nightmares, which is not beneficial. I was just wondering whether they are all expected to be from an egg? Is it like the cause theory: Everything has one cause, and that is God (Arceus)?
    Life does not necessarily need a purpose or reason to exist.

The Creation Trio are Manifestations of Space, Time and Matter
    Likewise, Victini is the Manifestation of Victory
    while Darkrai is the Manifestation of Nightmare.
    How they were created is debatable but in the World of Pokemon,
    Life can arise from any number of different sources or aspects and in many different ways
    and nothing says that there needs to be a Reason or Purpose for it to happen.

It would be a mistake to attempt to attribute Metaphysical and Philosophical Motivations to Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by bulbapedia
    In a vortex of complete chaos and nothingness, a single*Egg*comes into being, which then hatches into*Arceus, the first Pokémon in existence. Arceus then creates*Dialga,*Palkia, and*Giratina, giving them power over*time,space, and*antimatterrespectively.
    Arceus itself was born from an egg

So can we just presume that the origins are debateable? It sometimes makes the back story hard to follow when there are giant prolapses of physiological data.

Trophies

I've just thought about this and it's a weird thing:

They have got to come from somewhere... Arceus came from nothing; Azlef, Uxie, and Mesprit came from Arceus; Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina did too; Groudon, Kyorge, and Rayquaza probably came from the land, sea and sky, or were simply created by Arceus. All other Legendaries probably evolved from Mew.

And there simply can be no reason to explain how they were there in the first place, perhaps it was to be left alone.

Unless Pokemon become real.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserLugia View Post
    I've just thought about this and it's a weird thing:

They have got to come from somewhere... Arceus came from nothing; Azlef, Uxie, and Mesprit came from Arceus; Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina did too; Groudon, Kyorge, and Rayquaza probably came from the land, sea and sky, or were simply created by Arceus. All other Legendaries probably evolved from Mew.

And there simply can be no reason to explain how they were there in the first place, perhaps it was to be left alone.

Unless Pokemon become real.
    But...here is something to think about...Arceus has 16 plates (in the Anime and Games)...but if XY are going to release a fairy type, then surely there must be 17 plates...plus the unknown ??? plate that was never actually officially released. Does that then mean that Arceus could be seen as not fully omnipotent if he only has 16 of the 17 plates, as therefore he must have a weakness, which a truely omnipotent god should not actually have!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast