How would you deal with a loss in a REAL Pokemon battle? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How would you deal with a loss?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suck it up and keep training

58 56.86%
  • Complain about it because its not fair

10 9.80%
  • Shake hands, hold your head up and learn from it

47 46.08%
  • Say nothing and just walk off the field

19 18.63%
  • Blame your Pokemon and give them the "Paul" treatment

3 2.94%
  • Never battle again

4 3.92%
  • Can't decide

6 5.88%
  • Demand a rematch

20 19.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How would you deal with a loss in a REAL Pokemon battle?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How would you deal with a loss in a REAL Pokemon battle?

"Oh s---, I just let my Pokémon get savaged...and I didn't even win!"

In all honesty though, it would depend on how far I got in the tournament. I know that when I lost in the Top 16 at the 2009 Video Game Championships, I didn't mind - I'd gotten further than all my friends, I was awesome. However, when I went out in Round 1 this year...boy was I bummed out (didn't help that my older brother got into the Top 25 >>). However, I shook my opponent's hand, wished him luck and went over to the King of the Hill bit and pwned everyone with my Kyogre-Kingdra lead.

If I felt I lost honourably and after a good fight, I'd be happy with the loss. If it was due to luck or something else, I'd be pissed off, but I'd still shake my opponent's hand and wish them luck in the next round.

Kip

Honest Answer...suck it up and keep training. I'd be disappointed, no matter what the battle (although the level of disappointment would vary, depending on whether its a random battle or a league). I hate losing, but I'd force myself to get over it and keep training. Then I'd probably go looking for a rematch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Guys, please get back on topic of how you would deal with a loss. This isn't about how Anime battles and those in the games differ. Relating your points to the games is fine, but posts just about them is offtopic.
    Whoops! O.O; You're right, I hadn't realized my posts had gone a offtopic. I'm so sorry about that!!! u.u won't happen again

Back to dealing with defeat...
    I would also probably blame all the loss on me. As in, I would never ever ever blame my Pokémon for my own carelessness. I don't know why, I would feel like I don't deserve my pokémon team's respect anymore :(

blog . graphics shop . fan club
    black 2 friend code: 2452-4043-7771

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Whoops! O.O; You're right, I hadn't realized my posts had gone a offtopic. I'm so sorry about that!!! u.u won't happen again

Back to dealing with defeat...
    I would also probably blame all the loss on me. As in, I would never ever ever blame my Pokémon for my own carelessness. I don't know why, I would feel like I don't deserve my pokémon team's respect anymore :(
    Commendable, very. It was like Ash sending Totodile against Macy's Electabuzz in the Silver Conference, it lost of course and Ash says he was sorry and he should have known better than to do that.

LOLed @ Blame your Pokemon and give them the "Paul" treatment

Anyways, this is really a difficult question. First of all, I have to say that I'm a perfectionist, hate losing and always seek to win at all costs. So my reaction would primarily depend on the circumstances. Generally speaking, I would of course be disappointed and even a bit frustrated, no matter if I had lost in an ordinary battle against a trainer "on the street" or in the league. But it goes without saying that I would be much sadder if it happened in the league, of course.

Nevertheless (and this is also one of the main messages the Anime wants to convey) I would learn from that battle as much as possible and train even harder. Yeah I know, I kind of sound like Ash but unlike him, I would actually do it and not just talk about it! I would train and train and train (Cynthia : "And so I trained endlessly") until I wouldn't make that mistake anymore.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I would try to go to long processes of training before I'm ready for a rematch and overpower them.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'm really competitive, but I'm sure I'd be more furious about my Pokemon being hurt. Win or lose, I'd be yelling at the other Trainer for hurting my Pokemon, even if it is just a routine battle.

And I'd never blame my Pokemon. They weren't trying to lose.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

As long as it was a fair, even match that wasn't decided by luck or deus ex machina I'd take it well and learn from it. The loss happened for a reason and the better trainer won that day it is my fault for mispredicting and getting careless.

Blaming the pokemon for the commander's incompetence is never an option imo.

Screw the rules I have a Mudkip Motorcycle!
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Blog Entries

It's been decided that this will do better in Pokémon World, as it isn't particularly anime related.

I'd accept the loss and move on, just like I do in real life when I lose a baseball game or something similar. I'd never blame the pokemon, only myself. Because if the pokemon lost it would be because I didn't trait it to be the best it can be. No reason to get pissed about the situation when its your own fault lol I always got pissed at Ash when he did that. Made him seem like a little kid that refused to accept reality for what it was.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

shsl mad scientist
    Blog Entries

Follow Melon Collie on Tumblr Visit Melon Collie's Youtube Channel

Eh, I'd treat it like how I would in real life. Say "Aww man..." then congradulate the enemy, then maybe laugh. If there was a certain weakness in the battle on my part, I'd beat my self up a bit inside. I'm that kind of person.

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Shake the opponent's hand, and walk away. I'd also probably train a bit harder.

Probably just sigh, pet my pokemon, tell them: "You did your best", return them, and then walk away. I would then train to fight another day.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

I would learn from my mistakes and move on. Of course, the loss would hit me hard, but I'd just suck it up and hone my weaker area, like I do in real life. I'd then congratulate them, and probably rematch them a week later. :P
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Deppends on the battle itself. If I was asked to battle while I was doing something, I'd just quickly go to heal my Pokemon and go back to whatever I was doing.

Otherwise, if I was in perfect condition to battle I'd ask for a rematch over and over again until I win.

Thing is, it wouldn't be losing itself what would get me angry, it would be being left with my pokemon badly injured and interrupted in say, going to the next town. If you heal them after battling then no problem.

[/overexposition]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast