How Popular is Pokemon?

Thread: How Popular is Pokemon?

Default How Popular is Pokemon?

I have always wondered how poplar Pokemon really is. It may be the 2nd best selling video franchise but, the fans are not always that conspicuous. It seems they are all hiding and only revealing themselves on Pokemon Forums and communities. So, how many fans are there really?

Default Re: How Popular is Pokemon?

I think it depends of the country. I can tell only for myself, as I live both in Slovakia and Czech republic and we had dubbed only the original series (and later some TV-station broadcasted DP with an awful dub. But almost noone was watching that, because skip one generation and it feels weird).

So most people know only first (two) generations, know only the series, which they labelled as childhood memory. They barely know that games (or other media) exist. So there are just a bunch people I know from internet they´re still into this and then some people, who know because I told them (and dragged them into series/games).

Honestly, for those reasons I also barely knew anything after gen II until last year and got into this again (and I think much more I did as a child).

So for this countries and my experience, it is popular just as a childhood memory (because everyone here knows at least Pikachu and the first starters, even when they don´t remember their names anymore). But as overall, almost nobody cares.

I wish there were a solid fanbase in the region.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The Game is super popular !
    However , The Anime's popularity hit rock bottom.
    If writer keep doing what the done in BW then one day the Anime will start to get 0.00% TV rating .

Are you sure it's really the second best-selling video game franchise? I find that hard to believe...

Pokémon is not nearly as popular as it was back in 2000. My guess is that the sales are coming from old Pokémon fans who continue to buy / play the games despite not being as in to the series as they once were, or perhaps by gamers in general who are not necessarily "Pokémon fans" but buy / play the games anyway.

Ol' Brown Eyes is back Jesse GS the II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenidal View Post
    Are you sure it's really the second best-selling video game franchise? I find that hard to believe...
    It's the second best-selling Nintendo franchise, after the Mario games. Overall, I don't know how it ranks.

Pokémon will probably never again be as popular as it was in the late '90s, but it obviously still sells well or they wouldn't keep making new games and products. I still see kids and teenagers playing the video games in public, so it's not like they keep it to themselves.
    This is my DeviantArt. Pretty neat, huh?

Jouto Redux
    One fan's re-imagining of the Jouto saga
    Read Chapter 6 now!

Pokemon is the second best selling game franchise overall.

Link

Popularity just depends on where you are and who you are around, but that applies to anything considered popular.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Pokemon fans hide away on pokemon forums ?? ok. Is there somewhere else we must go to announce ourselfs ? i am completly unaware of this.

How popular is pokemon ?

Im gonna go with "very" popular

So, how many fans are there really?[/QUOTE]

Do you exect anyone here to know that mate ? im gonna guess alot.