How much are you into Pokemon?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How much are you into Pokemon?

hi

Default How much are you into Pokemon?

I'm curious as to how into this franchise some of the people are.

How would you rate yourself of on a scale of 1 to 10?

One being you only have a passing interest (I'm not sure anybody here will say one but still), ten being you're obsessed.

I would put myself as a ten, cause it's become a very core element to my life.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How much are you into Pokemon?

I was going to say 1, but at that point I'm not sure why I'd still be here xD

I'll say 2, tops. After not enjoying XY all that much, I've just had no will to play it. No matter which game I try to play though, I just lose interest and play something else in like 5 minutes. Could go back up in the future, but I don't know.

I'd say 8
    Cuz I fucking love Pokémon, but I wouldn't call myself obsessed. I play lots of other games too :)
    Proud claimer of Level Ball, [COLOR="#FF0000"]Houndoominite[/COLOR], Shy Guy, Jude Sharp,
    Forretress and Drill Run!
    FC: 3909-8738-0113 / IGN: Thijs / FS: ICE; Snover, Bergmite, Dewgong

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

On a scale of 1 to 10... I'd say... 7.

I really enjoy the games, and I love the whole universe and canon of it all. I stopped watching the anime a long time ago, and I don't read Manga, so pretty much it's just the games and the story that intrigues me.

The only reason it's not higher is because Pokemon is just one of the numerous other things that I like and spend time with. xD
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

Haha, just kidding! Well, maybe not entirely. I adore this franchise and I have to say it is my all-time favorite. I own all the games, collect the manga, collect the merchandise of my favorite Pokemon, travel hours just to go to Pokemon tournaments and conventions, and I still watch the anime and movies. Not to brag, but I have to say I am pretty dedicated to this franchise. I would have to rate myself a 9.5/10. The only reason why I am not a perfect 10 is because I do have my other favorite franchises that I love and there are people who are a lot more dedicated than me, but overall and speaking for myself, Pokemon is my favorite franchise that I will love for years to come. :D

What I would give to go to Japan and visit the Pokemon Centers! </ bigtimedream>
    Last edited by snowlioness87; 8th March 2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: rewording
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

maybe 7.5/10
    I do play it alot these days... but I had quit for about two years before this. Overall I've only been into it for about 5 years which feels long, but compared to alot of other people is pretty short.
    BUGS!!
    We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.
    Currently wildly, violently obsessed with danganronpa..

超高校級の自然主義者

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Somehow I've memorized the Pokédex, have played through most every game in the series including the side games, know all of the characters, their teams, and what mons to use at whatever point in any game. The only piece of Pokémon media I haven't partaken in is the manga, but other than that I am solidly obsessed. I've got all these Pokédolls and trading cards and guidebooks, just everything. It's my favorite game series, what can I say.

Send help I fear for my sanity.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

X & Y shot down my interest in Pokémon a lot, and at the same time I've been enjoying some other franchises that have kept my interest. So right now I would say that I'm around 3-ish. Considering this is the least interested I've ever been into Pokémon since I started playing, I highly doubt it would go any lower than that, which I suppose is a plus for Nintendo since they'll always get my money, haha.

At my peak I would probably say I was at an 8, maybe? I never really got into the TCG game (only for collecting purposes, but that quickly faded out), but at one point during the third gen I was involved with the manga and anime, and uber-involved the games. Like, I-bought-a-Gamecube-just-to-play-Pokémon-Colosseum uber-involved. (And to this day the only Gamecube games I've ever played were Colosseum and Luigi's Mansion, which I'm pretty sure I only got 'cause it was bundled with my Gamecube.) Those were good times.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I think I'm an 8. Though, I do talk about Pokemon a lot IRL.
    I love the fandom which is why I'm still active on the forums.

Blog Entries

3 at the moment, primarily because I was disappointed somewhat with X and Y. The last interesting thing to happen was the Pokemon Bank's release, where I expected the game to be more interesting with my old 'mons, but the biggest thing causing a three is my obsession with Fire Emblem Awakening. At my peak, which was Gen 5, I was definitely a 10. (I finished and replayed Black2 three times within a month and a half.)
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

Friend Code is on the Trainer Card; feel free to try to challenge me to trade unless I'm busying with school or Fire Emblem Awakening.

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14

Blog Entries

During gen 3 I was a 10 by far. I replayed emerald more times then I can count. Then gen 5 was kinda disspointing to me so I dropped to a 2 or 3 up until about a month ago and now Id say im about a 7.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I'd say 9.

I have every main game except for Leaf Green, Black 2, and X. I've spent over a thousand hours playing the story and have done thousands of Wi-Fi trades over the years. I'm familiar with every Pokemon in the Pokedex. Sometimes, I'm a walking encyclopedia myself. I know the main game and its mechanics in-depth. I own several of the spin-off games. I only completed the first few TCG sets, but I have a few Johto cards. I've drawn fanart and made graphics, but I haven't considered reading any fanfiction/manga. I don't follow the anime series much, not since Hoenn anyway, but I am familiar with the characters. I have bought merchandise, but this was in the 90's.

I wouldn't, for example, get a tattoo of a Pokemon or have a Pokemon birthday cake (which is what I consider a 10/10 fan would do haha). However, Pokemon is an important part of my life and has been with me since Red and Blue.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Probably an 8 or 9. Most likely a 9. I don't think I'm so obsessed with it that I'd rank a 10, but the games are one of my main interests/hobbies, so it has to be a high ranking. My interest can wane from time to time like with anything, though.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

I think seven, I've been a fan since the beginning, played all the games aside from a few spin-offs and love the manga but I'm not that much into pokémon 'cause I usually come up and down in the amount of time I dedicate it (like spending days without touching my games), and don't like the anime at all. I really like Pokémon and I know I'll still loving it but I wouldn't consider myself obssessed with the franchise.

White FC: 2624-4583-0497
    Pokémon Y FC: 2723-9410-4398 [Dragon Type: Gabite, noibat and Sligoo]

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

My interest comes and goes, I'd say it ranges from about 5 at the lowest to a 10 at highest. At the moment, I'd say it's about a 6.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast