Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How Long Do Pokemon Live?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: How Long Do Pokemon Live?

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    Ghost Pokemon cannot reproduce. They move from one object or state to the other. When a Pokemon dies, their spirit reincarnates into a ghost type. The ghost type can move in between objects and ghost states. After a while, it reincarnates back into a Pokemon egg. Spirits must consist of energy and cannot be created or destroyed, just transferred. I am not religious, but that is my real-life opinion too.
    Odd theory but it works for me!
    That doesn't make any sense: ghost types are not reincarnations of old Pokémon (going by your own example with Giratina: what Pokémon did it reincarnate from, if it's been there since the very beginning?) nor there is any hint to assume move between objects; only a handful of Pokémon are said to (not even proven) be possessed objects. Also, you ignored my points regarding Litwick.
    Froslass and Yamask are said to be reincarnations of people, though. As for Giratina - he was created by Arceus. No biggie - the god pokemon can do anything.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Froslass and Yamask are said to be reincarnations of people, though.
    Hence my post: A HANDFUL of Pokémon. I ackowledged that it could be possible, just not for every Ghost-type Pokémon. Also, those are only legends stated by the Pokédex, but ingame Frosslass and Yamask disprove the Pokédex entries.

As for Giratina - he was created by Arceus. No biggie - the god pokemon can do anything.
    The fact is that he still contradicted his own "theory". Also, it proves that, like I said on the first paragraph, even if there are indeed Ghost Pokémon who come from being reincarnations or possessed objects, that doesn't have to be the general rule.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

I think that I should go over what I think of non-organic, man-made, and purely genetic pokemon.

Genetic/man-made:mewtwo has to be brought up here. He probably has functional immortality as he could die if he got beat up enough or a weird virus. Ditto: I'm going on the theory that ditto is a failed clone of mew here. Ditto and other jelly and trash like pokemon including garbodor and trubish probably detireate through activeness. The more they move and do things the quicker they die. How? They start losing they're body from movement, beacause when they move they burn calories right. These pokemon probably burn many more calories than you and I because of they're composition and metabolism.

Electronic/man-made:these are the machines of the pokemon world. I see it as they either upgrade or die off through natural weathering. The best example of this is porygon. If porygon dosen't evolve it will deteriorate and die off. If it "evolves" through an update. It will live longer, much longer. The only problem is that it will slowly deteriorate in it's wiring and circuit boards to the points where it goes insane through viruses, malware, and deterioration. Finally it makes it do something to kill itself by accident or everything is destroyed in it. Porygon 10 to 15 years. If updated 50 to 80 years. Porygon Z 5-10 years. That's if it's in the wild. if captured the pokemon's life span more than likely will increase. The porygon line was a generalization is to say the way it works is to adapt or slowly die.

Mineral/rock: these pokemon are going to live a LONG time. As they are rocks and sediments they take a long time to weather down and may live thousands of years. And if they evolve like stealix they may live for millions of years. ,but they may not be conscious most of it's life. So it's conscious life may be 50-60 years, while it's actual life span may be millions of years.

Mineral/biological: these are the pokemon like relicanthe. They probably live 100 to 10'000 years, but Unlike mineral/rock pokemon they are probably conscious most of their life. Over all they just are more short lived than mineral/rock pokemon.

Come-to-life/ghost:these are pokemon that have died and haunted an object. How long it lives is really just depending on what they have possessed. It could range from a year to 500, all up to what it possesses.

Come-to-life/psychic and mystical powers:these are pokemon that have been brought to life through psychic and mystical powers. Claydol and gollet come to mind with this one. They probably die when all their energy is used up or exploded out. It all depends on the power of the mystical element or psychic powers keeping it alive. If it dosen't evolve it dies at maybe 6'000to 9'000 years of age, but if it evolves it will live probably to 10'000 to 30'000 years.

Come-to-life/unknown:shedninja should be brought up here. It just has no answers, none at all. It probably is immortal unless killed by things that would automatically kill something.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
    Ghost Pokemon cannot reproduce. They move from one object or state to the other. When a Pokemon dies, their spirit reincarnates into a ghost type. The ghost type can move in between objects and ghost states. After a while, it reincarnates back into a Pokemon egg. Spirits must consist of energy and cannot be created or destroyed, just transferred. I am not religious, but that is my real-life opinion too.
    Odd theory but it works for me!
    That doesn't make any sense: ghost types are not reincarnations of old Pokémon (going by your own example with Giratina: what Pokémon did it reincarnate from, if it's been there since the very beginning?) nor there is any hint to assume move between objects; only a handful of Pokémon are said to (not even proven) be possessed objects. Also, you ignored my points regarding Litwick.

EDIT: Also, ghost Pokémon CAN reproduce, they mate and lay eggs like any other Pokémon, as the Daycare proves.
    Read my post again and you will see I discussed giratina, and I discussed how eggs are formed. I never said ghosts cannot lay eggs, I put they can reproduce, which there is a typo, my mistake. I said they transfer into the eggs bit by bit, which is what will 'kill them' eventually as they are literally 'used up'.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg56108 View Post
    I think that I should go over what I think of non-organic, man-made, and purely genetic pokemon.

Genetic/man-made:mewtwo has to be brought up here. He probably has functional immortality as he could die if he got beat up enough or a weird virus. Ditto: I'm going on the theory that ditto is a failed clone of mew here. Ditto and other jelly and trash like pokemon including garbodor and trubish probably detireate through activeness. The more they move and do things the quicker they die. How? They start losing they're body from movement, beacause when they move they burn calories right. These pokemon probably burn many more calories than you and I because of they're composition and metabolism.

Electronic/man-made:these are the machines of the pokemon world. I see it as they either upgrade or die off through natural weathering. The best example of this is porygon. If porygon dosen't evolve it will deteriorate and die off. If it "evolves" through an update. It will live longer, much longer. The only problem is that it will slowly deteriorate in it's wiring and circuit boards to the points where it goes insane through viruses, malware, and deterioration. Finally it makes it do something to kill itself by accident or everything is destroyed in it. Porygon 10 to 15 years. If updated 50 to 80 years. Porygon Z 5-10 years. That's if it's in the wild. if captured the pokemon's life span more than likely will increase. The porygon line was a generalization is to say the way it works is to adapt or slowly die.

Mineral/rock: these pokemon are going to live a LONG time. As they are rocks and sediments they take a long time to weather down and may live thousands of years. And if they evolve like stealix they may live for millions of years. ,but they may not be conscious most of it's life. So it's conscious life may be 50-60 years, while it's actual life span may be millions of years.

Mineral/biological: these are the pokemon like relicanthe. They probably live 100 to 10'000 years, but Unlike mineral/rock pokemon they are probably conscious most of their life. Over all they just are more short lived than mineral/rock pokemon.

Come-to-life/ghost:these are pokemon that have died and haunted an object. How long it lives is really just depending on what they have possessed. It could range from a year to 500, all up to what it possesses.

Come-to-life/psychic and mystical powers:these are pokemon that have been brought to life through psychic and mystical powers. Claydol and gollet come to mind with this one. They probably die when all their energy is used up or exploded out. It all depends on the power of the mystical element or psychic powers keeping it alive. If it dosen't evolve it dies at maybe 6'000to 9'000 years of age, but if it evolves it will live probably to 10'000 to 30'000 years.

Come-to-life/unknown:shedninja should be brought up here. It just has no answers, none at all. It probably is immortal unless killed by things that would automatically kill something.
    I believe this too...but I believe once they die, they are ghost pokemon, and once their 'energy' is fully used, they incarnate into a normal pokemon egg again. Mechanical pokemon just reach an end-of-life state as would a computer.

Shedninja, which I had never heard of up until now, must be controlled by PK or some anomaly like that.

On a different note, is that pokemon any good in a team?

Hence my post: A HANDFUL of Pokémon. I ackowledged that it could be possible, just not for every Ghost-type Pokémon. Also, those are only legends stated by the Pokédex, but ingame Frosslass and Yamask disprove the Pokédex entries.

As for Giratina - he was created by Arceus. No biggie - the god pokemon can do anything.
    The fact is that he still contradicted his own "theory". Also, it proves that, like I said on the first paragraph, even if there are indeed Ghost Pokémon who come from being reincarnations or possessed objects, that doesn't have to be the general rule.
    What would you define as a ghost? I did not contradict my own theory. If you spent the time to read it, I mentioned Giratina. Don't start a flame war!

Ghosts are dead forms of things that once lived (generally).

re·in·car·na·tion
    /ˌrē-inkärˈnāSHən/
    Noun
    The rebirth of a soul in a new body.
    A person or animal in whom a particular soul is believed to have been reborn.

Therefore a birth of a ghost from an old body must be considered as reincarnation of some sort as it is the soul being reborn as a ghost. Pokemon such as Giratina are only seen as Ghost pokemon as they do not consist of general matter. Giratina is antimatter, which we cannot safely come in contact with (check out the quark theory and the electron and positron theory). This is probably why it is a ghost pokemon, as it cannot be classified as anything else.

It is my own theory too. Most religious theorys contradict somewhere, or do not add up. Otherwise that religion would have all the answers. Even the bible contradicts itself. Before you go any further, as I said, I am not religious in any way, but I do believe this. It is a game with holes in the theory for a reason, the reason being so you can make your own judgement about how it works. If it was in black and white, it would be hell of a lot less interesting, and the games are meant to be a parallel to our own universe but where things occour differently. People capture pokemon and battle them gaining closer bonds with them. The fact that there are holes just proves this, as ever our sciences have massive holes in it, like the big bang. Even I can come up with thought experiments that would render some of our science as null if it could be scientifically proved.

This is going off topic way to far though now.
    Last edited by Galactic; 10th July 2013 at 02:36 AM.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567