How has pokemon impacted you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How has pokemon impacted you?

Conker T. Squirrel ConkerConker's Avatar
    Add ConkerConker on Facebook

Default How has pokemon impacted you?

We all have our reasons for getting into Pokemon. I want to know yours. How has Pokemon affected you and what is your favorite thing about Pokemon?

I like a lot of things about Pokemon. I'll tell you why I like it and how it has impacted me then you can respond below your answers. I like Pokemon not only because it's fun and it's a great game, but because it has so much depth to it. A lot more than most things out there. It is basically a separate world we are all learning about and its great. Everything about it. From the ever expanding Pokemon species to the characters and colorful personalities we all come to know. It's just so deep. It's a really well developed concept and idea. It's a great RPG and would make for one hell of a paradise to reincarnate too am i right? Lol.

Anyways Pokemon has made a big impact on me because of it's depth and how expansive and well put together it is. It's like it's another dimension and we just paint its picture in motion. It's awesome. And I've had many good experiences playing Pokemon. I remember a lot of things about playing Pokemon and I've been playing since I was 10 and I'm 21 now lol and I still admire and play the franchise.

So now that I've rambled on, How about you guys?

When Life gets you down. Smack the closest person next to you

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How has pokemon impacted you?

Far greater than anything else in the entire world. It inspires and motivates a lot of things I do today.
    Oh?

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

It started on a birthday of mine, when my parents bought me a GBA SP with a Pokemon Sapphire as gift.
    First Pokemon: Blaziken... Now on my Black cartridge...
    I stopped Pokemon for quite a time (the entirety of Gen 4, to be exact), and made it again in Gen 5. Hopefully I got Platinum/HeartGold in time.

I basically like the anime much more! It's a nice pastime, plus, everyone in school talks about it...

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I dropped my Game Boy on my toe while it had the Pokemon Silver cartridge in it when I was a kid. That was quite an impact.

Considering the attachment I have to the franchise even after all this time, I'd say quite a lot.

Trophies

It's has gotten to the point of impacting me so much, that in my writing, I put very vague references to Pokemon that only other fans who carefully read it. The only characters I seem to only draw great are characters from Pokemon... Other characters, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ConkerConker View Post
    It's like it's another dimension and we just paint its picture in motion.
    I agree with this.

Even if this sounds a bit extreme, I feel like it's my alternative life or something. I feel so excited anytime I start a new game. It's like I really am about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. I've always felt as if I'm exploring the world when I play Pokemon.

I'm proud to call myself a fan of Pokemon and I'm not ashamed to talk about how much of a positive impact it has on my life.
    Soul Silver team (in progress)-

Please contact me for Mario Kart Wii friend code.

"Cat. I'ma kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance."

I have been playing Pokemon since it was released in North America, and I am still playing it almost 15 years later. It's just always been this world that I could escape into full of dreams and adventures with Pokemon!
    It's just always been there when I needed it.

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PikeQueenLucy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ConkerConker View Post
    It's like it's another dimension and we just paint its picture in motion.
    I agree with this.

Even if this sounds a bit extreme, I feel like it's my alternative life or something. I feel so excited anytime I start a new game. It's like I really am about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. I've always felt as if I'm exploring the world when I play Pokemon.

I'm proud to call myself a fan of Pokemon and I'm not ashamed to talk about how much of a positive impact it has on my life.
    I think you literally got into my brain and spoke the words I was thinking for me. All of what you said is true for me. Every time I start a new game I seriously feel like I'm going on an adventure with my Pokemon and saving everybody from the terrors of the teams and such. <3
    Pokemon is just amazing. It's all I think about, to be quite honest. I'm constantly thinking about my characters from the games. (Drake from Johto, Kaleb from Hoenn, Katy from Kanto, Hazel from Sinnoh, and Rose from Unova, so far. Possibly Cameron and Tanya for X and Y.) and their story that I put all together involving all of them. Nothing else enters my mind for most of the day. And whenever I feel down, mad, or just hateful at the world, I escape into Pokemon and instantly I calm down. NOTHING else has done this to me.
    Pokemon has affected my life pretty bad, lol. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. ♥
    PikeQueenLucy likes this.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

why i like pokemon? mainly because i love making friends with new pokemon every game and going on my own unique adventure, i like the level of indivisualism the games provide.

why i got into pokemon? it was on tv ALOT like everday,kinda hard to avoid.

the impact on my life ? it gives me games to play !! apart from that none

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
    I have been playing Pokemon since it was released in North America, and I am still playing it almost 15 years later. It's just always been this world that I could escape into full of dreams and adventures with Pokemon!
    It's just always been there when I needed it.
    Same here (except I didn't start getting into the games until Gen II, but then went back to getting the Gen I games, and then Gen III onwards after that). It's always been that place where I feel like I can get away from my troubles and really have fun. The anime used to feel that way to me and I grew up with it from the very beginning of the English version in 1998...in recent generations, though, not really. The games, however, still give me that genuine feeling of enjoyment I even had as a kid when I picked up my Pokemon Gold version in 2000. XD.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Pokemon in general has always been a stress reliever for me. The anime and games have been during stressful years in my life. Whenever I'm really stressed out and need to relax I would play a game or watch an episode or two.

With the games, I've always loved the variety of different ways Pokemon can be used and the adventures that can be played.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

It has given me some of the most amazing friends ever.

And the games allow so much use of your imagination, at least for me. It has impacted me in many great ways.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Pokemon has changed my life in so many ways, I don't even know how to describe it. I have seen the anime since almost the beginning (and still watch it today). 90% of my room is Pokemon related (poster, plushies, how I hang up my t-shirts, my PC is full of Pokemon, my cell phone ringtone/text tones is Pokemon).

With the games I can always get creative. Every game I play always seems to have something different. - don't know why I lost interest in the majority of all other games.

Pokemon always brings me happiness, even in the worst of bad news, I just watch the anime, play the games, or listen to the music and those negative thoughts turn back into positive thinking. Probably my "weirdest" way that Pokemon changed my life is that it takes the nightmares away, every night I sleep with a random PokePlush near my pillow and I won't get any, as soon as the plush falls on the floor - I'm usually having the worst of nightmares.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

The world of Pokémon is somewhere I could escape to when real life threatens to overwhelm me. There's never been a game series I loved half so well.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LiepardTrainer View Post
    Pokemon has changed my life in so many ways, I don't even know how to describe it. I have seen the anime since almost the beginning (and still watch it today). 90% of my room is Pokemon related (poster, plushies, how I hang up my t-shirts, my PC is full of Pokemon, my cell phone ringtone/text tones is Pokemon).

With the games I can always get creative. Every game I play always seems to have something different. - don't know why I lost interest in the majority of all other games.

Pokemon always brings me happiness, even in the worst of bad news, I just watch the anime, play the games, or listen to the music and those negative thoughts turn back into positive thinking. Probably my "weirdest" way that Pokemon changed my life is that it takes the nightmares away, every night I sleep with a random PokePlush near my pillow and I won't get any, as soon as the plush falls on the floor - I'm usually having the worst of nightmares.
    That...just says all about me. Ever since my friend introduced me to pokemon in 1st grade, it has impacted my life soooooooooo much. Best friends are made through pokemon, my room is just pokemon, pokemon everywhere, etc. Every doodle I draw in school are either turtles or pokemon, I make pokemon references, live by Prof. Birch's words ( there is a time and place for everything, but not now) which has literally saved me from every awkward situation, and heck it will influence what I will do with life! The world of pokemon deepend my appreciation for the natural world and respect for animals in general, contrary to what PETA says, lol. Everything about me now has been shaped by pokemon one way or another.
    Playful_Weasel likes this.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast