How did you get into pokemon? - Page 5

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How did you get into pokemon?

Default Re: How did you get into pokemon?

My cousin went to sleep and i saw his gameboy then i turned it on and my life was changed forever i stayed all night trying to beat misty

Blog Entries

I saw the first episode back in 1998 after I gotten back from school and liked it

Trophies

Well... My cousin was playing it and let me borrow it. From there onwards I became obsessed... Not that exciting story.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Trophies
    Blog Entries

My folks got me a Game Boy bundle pack containing a Game Boy color, Blue version and a strategy guide. Given I didn't really understand it till a little later, that's the start of how I became the Pokefan I am today.
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

Blog Entries

I first got into pokemon whe my cousin was going off to college and he wasn't aloud to take any of his video games do he passed on his GB and Pokemon Red game to me.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I watched the anime and collected the trading cards. When I could I'd play my friends Blue or Yellow. When i first got Gold I was hooked :D
    maglev is invisible

In 2007, my two brothers got Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. I wasn't really interested, but when I was bored, I watched them play it. In 2008, my older brother got Mystery Dungeon Explorers of darkness, my interest level was a bit higher, but not high. I did happen to catch the ending though, and before I knew it, I was bawling my eyes out. In 2010 my younger brother got HG/SS and played through it. I didn't have any interest in it. In 2011, my brother got black and White, there was a slightly higher level of interest on my side this time, and I watched a few battles, but not more. Fall 2011, I thought "screw this!", grabbed my brothers platinum and started the epic 127 hour long journey to the Elite 4, by the time I was there, I had a LV 86 Tangrowth, Lv 75 Garchomp, level 68 Rhyperior and more. All of them had four offensive moves (facepalm). The Elite 4, despite me being overleveled, wasn't easy. Rhyperior could crush Aaron, Tangrowth drained bertha, but Flint was the first real hard one. I wanted to destroy him with Rhyperior, but my first Stone Edge missed, Magmortar got the sun up and obliterated Rhyperior with a Solarbeam. Lucian wasn't that hard, but after that, the most nerve-wrecking battle in my entire life happened, Cynthia. I managed to pick off her Pokémon, one by one, but she picked mine off too. After Tangrowth, my highest level, went down, I sent out Garchomp, in an attempt to sweep a little. However, her lower leveled garchomp had luck. My Dragon Rush missed and she KO-ed my garchomp with the same move. I only had my lower leveled Pokémon left, that I kinda dropped. Even my Giratina got destroyed, however, not without KO-ing two more of Cynthia's Pokémon. After that, the most nerve-wrecking face-off ever happened. Lv 41 Torterra VS Lv 58 Roserade. Somehow, I managed to win, the 127 hour journey had ended, and I was into Pokémon. Now, the Sinnoh games are the most nostalgic thing in existence for me. I love D/P/Pt, not only because of the nostalgia, but I also like the jazziness, the Pokémoon style, the storyline, the region itself and the music.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

2003- 4 years old, started watching the anime, got addicted and the rest is history.

Never was allowed to play the video game but i had some tradig cards when inwas seven and I discovered the manga a week ago and I'm addicted to it

1st. wave: I was about 8 years old and started watching the show because it ran between another cartoons I was watching at weekends mornings
    2nd wave: About half year ago I remembered it and started rewatching old episodes from nostalgia. Then came newer series and now also the games and bulbapedia/-garden and everything... :)

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

I was in second grade when I heard about Pokemon, it was really popular, and of course I felt left out and everything. It took a lot of persuading (my parents are not video game people), but I got a Game Boy Advance and Pokemon Ruby for my 8th birthday and became hooked. I then got FireRed, Sapphire, Red Rescue Team, and eventually a DS and Pearl. I stopped playing Pokemon once I got out of elementary school, but I started it again this past year after Black and White came out. That's when I discovered Bulbagarden and the rest is history. :)

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

It was 1999 and I was watching the anime with my older brother in his room. We were watching Pikachu's Goodbye and despite not seeing the other episodes before, I ended up crying so much at the end. I became hooked into the anime right after that and started to watch the episodes on Kids' WB after seeing that episode. After awhile, I bought more of the toys, I became more interested in the video games once the second generation came out with all of those new Pokemon and I rented Pokemon Silver who knows how many times from Blockbuster until I got my own copy for a Christmas gift.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

I was in kindergarden when pokémon started showing in the TV's. I became a fan since then.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Started watching the show when I was 9. Then, my cousin introduced me to the TCG.

The two events go hand-in-hand; I would've have become really interested in the show were it not for the TCG, but I wouldn't have looked twice at the TCG if I hadn't already been watching a bit of the show. I bought, I think, 3 decks and many, many booster packs.

Then, sometime in my 11th year of existence, I suddenly stopped giving a damn about everything Pokémon and found new obsessions.

Annnnnd, here I am again! :D I'm here to stay this time, hopefully.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

When I was little the show played all the time, and almost every kid was obsessed with it. I the liked the adventure and obviously the Pokemon. I then got obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh! when I got one of the cards that was accidentally put with the Pokemon cards, Psychic Kappa. Then I broke my TV and eventually forgot about both. A while after I was allowed to have cable again I was looking through the TV guide and saw the original Yu-Gi-Oh! on, not 5Ds. I watched it and was instantly re-obsessed. That caused me to remember my love of Pokemon. So I watched a random episode, which I found boring. After that I was talking about Yu-Gi-Oh! with my best friend who likes Pokemon. I thought that my friend and I should form a duel team that specializes in Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon, a compromise of our two tastes. Then I randomly remembered Psyduck, and became fixed on watching Pokemon. I asked my friend to watch the first movie with me, since I still loved Mew and Mewtwo. Because of that I got into it again.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

When I was 8 years old when I and my sister saw Pokemon Poster in front of my mom's former office :)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast