How did you get into pokemon? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How did you get into pokemon?

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Default Re: How did you get into pokemon?

When I was about 8 or 9 back in 1998 or 1999. My uncle was in a local bowling league and we went to watch him bowl. My dad saw a kid a few years older than me looking through a giant stack of cards. We started talking and I thought they were cool. He told us what Pokemon was. My dad bought some of his cards from him and thats how it started. I still have the little card book that he gave us with the cards. Its blue with Charmander on it and I keep my rare cards in it :)
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

I think I was about 8 or 9 years old, and my cousins sent us some Pokemon cards in the mail. They weren't anything special - mostly stuff like Weedle, Pidgey and the likes. But after talking with my friends about them, I gradually gained an interest in the TCG, anime, and even more so the games. It's all just history from then.

Blog Entries

When I was about 6ish, my best friend at the time got Red Version, and she sometimes let me borrow it, and I absolutely loved it! When I got my DS, I didn't have any Pokemon games so we sometimes swapped, because I preferred her game to mine. Then someone bought me Diamond as a present, and from then on I haven't been able to stop myself playing!

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

Here we go:

I only started playing Pokémon in January this year. I knew people who loved it before that, and they kept asking me to buy a game so I could trade with them. For some reason, I never really got around to it. Last year I befriended these two girls who had heaps of legit shines and legendaries, and it was their constant nagging persuading that led to me finally getting HeartGold. From the moment I got my starter, I was completely hooked. I spent the next 11 months trying to get games from every generation and completing them (which I still haven't actually done.) Well, I have the games... but I haven't started a few of them.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

I actually got interested in Pokemon because of the merchandise. I saw a Flareon/Eevee two pack at my local Toys R Us and my curiosity was piqued. I didn't actually play any of the games until a year or so later and once I started playing I was hooked.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries
    Follow AlexTheRose On Twitter
    Visit AlexTheRose's Youtube Channel

Arrow How I, King Julian (that's my name) got into Pokémon

I had a real intuition for Pokémon back when I was 4 and 5 (as my mother told me), but none of my peers were into it at the time, so I moved on to some other unimportant series, until I stumbled back upon it in (I think) 2005, when a daycaregiver stole my Sonic Advance 2 (because she's just that ghetto). My mom took me to Wal-Mart to find and buy any game on the shelf, and I think I just picked Pokémon Emerald because of its shiny box art. I picked it over Ruby and Sapphire because it had what I thought to be a cooler Pokémon on the cover. From then on, my collection and experience constantly expanded, and hasn't stopped since. X3
    —AlexTheRose

The PokéSphere Forums!

Registered User LightingStrike193's Avatar

Summer 2007. My friend looooooooooooved pokemon, so I decided to be like him and love it too. My first item for pokemon was a Pikachu plush, while my first game was fire red. I got fire red from a birthday party in the fall of the same year.

Blog Entries

It started when I was playing my brother's Pokemon Yellow game, I was at Lavender Tower and I got SOOO addicted to the series that I started a new game. But now he gave me his Yellow and Red versions and yeah. That is my story.
    I'm not claiming divinity. I've never claimed purity of soul. I've never claimed to have the answers to life. I only put out songs and answer questions as honestly as I can... But I still believe in peace, love and understanding.
    John Lennon

One thing I have to say for certain: Never hunt for Shiny Pokemon in the Safari Zone or the Great Marsh, because then, That shiny pokemon WILL run away. Like my Shiny Starly Epic Failiure

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

My cousin first introduced me to the Red version, and I LOVED the game!! I was probably around ten or nine.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I've watched the anime sinds I was 4 or so, but I actually started playing the games since 2003, when Sapphire came out. I was hooked from the moment I watched the anime, but I didn't get a game boy until I was 8. I asked Pokemon Sapphire with it for my birthday, and what did I get? Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Pinball! Fun game nonetheless. Eventually i got Sapphire, and here I am. Have played at least one game of a pair, of all games.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

i got into the cards when i was 6 and played silver for the first time when i was... 10? idk it was a while ago. but pretty much all i remember from my childhood is loving pokemon and getting made fun of for it -_-;

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

i got into the cards when i was 6 and played silver for the first time when i was... 10? idk it was a while ago. but pretty much all i remember from my childhood is loving pokemon and getting made fun of for it -_-;

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

When i was five i started to watch pokemon dubbed in our national language. I watched till Johto Journeys then only saw it once or twice. Then in 2009, a relative got my a Pokemon Platinum game. I really liked it and all, then i started watching DP, then whatnot. Somehow, i got introduced into Bulbapedia. Maybe google.

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Registered Pretty Boy Wiley Willy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah yes... The year was 1997 and I was 6 years old. My mother had a friend from work who had a son who was into the pokemon craze. The kid had just finished playing Red version and he was bored with it after beating it, so he gave me his copy of Red version for free. This was the first time I had ever been interested in the pokemon craze and I was hooked.

WileyWilly: Normal Gym Leader; Bleak Badge "Vitality through Normality."
    Gorebyss claimed April 8th, 2012
    "Porcelina of the oceans blue(...)"

I watched the original series on KidsWB (before it was renamed the CW), and I fucking loved it! To this day, I am still a PokeGeek!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast