How Did You Discover Pokemon? - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How Did You Discover Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How Did You Discover Pokemon?

I saw it being played by my friends when I was in second grade. Long story short, I got into it from them.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

When I was like 6 I saw episode 1 of the original Indigo League series one day after school and fell in love with it. Because of this I actually thought the games were based on the tv show and not the other way around for a while too.

Been lurking for quite some time now, but this thread is too good not to post in. /nostalgia

Well, it was around 1997 - 1998 I was 4 - 5, I saw my uncle playing with Red, and I distinctly remember he was using a Goldeen using Peck. Everytime we got a family gathering that year we(my brother and I) would always watch because it was interesting. We never got the game until '99, because it was expensive. My aunt bought my brother a GBC for his birthday and my mom both got us Red and Blue on Christmas, was both in December. We would share the Gameboy. And from that moment on we were completely hooked. We bought figurines, TCG, pillows, novelty cards, magazines, etc. We would always play with them little Pokemon figurines thinking they were real. I would stay up late and wake up early the next morning just to play the game. The only thing that we weren't obsessed with hardcore, was the anime, although my aunt would always send the movies and some series. And there came a time that I was able to memorize all the 251 Pokemon in order of the National Pokedex.

/nostalgia

Pokémon became ultra famous when I was a kid, so like everyone else, I was hooked. I don't remember how I found it but I remember being obsessed with it.

so I herd u liek Mudkipz? noworry's Avatar

My neightbor was a hardcore Pokéfan, so we used to play Pokémon and such. I also had a lot of stickers on my bedroom door, and I don't even know where or when I got 'em

Blog Entries
    Follow Erdrick On Twitter Add Erdrick on Facebook Add Erdrick on Google+ Add Erdrick on MySpace
    Add Erdrick on Linkedin Follow Erdrick on Tumblr Follow Erdrick on Flickr Visit Erdrick's Youtube Channel

Can't remember exactly, but I figure it was when I was a little kid, I saw Pokemon Pearl and thought Palkia was awesome, disregarding the fact that it was pink and thus girly. I believe I also somehow figured out that Shieldon was exclusive to Pearl and my mind was set on Pearl. It functioned as my introduction to video games in general, really.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

I don't remember exactly but I have two theories how, and both of this happened, I'm just not sure which happened first.

On my 7th grade (around 1999), I borrowed a PC game CD-ROM from my classmate. It was called 10 games in 1.
    It has Pokemons Blue, Red and Green in it. And other PC games like "Thor" where basically you control Thor.

Another is a gift from my Aunt on my 12th Birthday (around 1999). I got a Pokemon Red cartridge in GameBoy.
    I mostly spent a lot of time playing Pokemon from this than in the PC.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Back in 1997 or 98 I was at a carnival and they had some Pokemon merch at one of the booths. Posters, plushies, cards, etc. I still have most of them, though the quality is complete crap and most likely they were all bootleg. I didn't know what they were at the time, just thought they were cute- my first card was a Wigglytuff I think? I also won a Pikachu plush which I still have with me right now and I've taken to several countries.

Some time later, I believe it was 99, I saw my first episode (the Bulbasaur garden one, interestingly enough, with the Venusaur and the magic tree or whatever?) at a hotel I was staying, and my friend and I were like, "whoa Pokemon." I got the Blue version of the game not much later.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456