How Did You Discover Pokemon? - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How Did You Discover Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How Did You Discover Pokemon?

How long has it been by now... I think it was about 14 Years ago. I was video game interested and especially a fan of Nintendo. At this time I was kinda flashed by RPG's like Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana and as I heard that Pokémon is also an RPG it didn't take much that this young boy at the age of 12 wanted it (a bit over the intended audience but I was video game addicted, luckily). So I think I got it either on my birthday or on Christmas (which is just a rough month after) as a present on the release year. I went through cards and even bought the Pinball game but only the Anime and the main series stayed with me to this point though BW kinda scared me away, as once did mid Johto, although not as long since BW wasn't as long (which I am glad for). However, years later when I got back with AG there was a point where I went through the missed rest of Johto and I must say the end was better. At this point I stick to the main games and the Japanese subbed Anime though I still keep some distance from BW though there will be a point where I go through all the missing stuff of BW.

See ya
    Ditto91 likes this.
    Pokémon lasts forever...

Fanfiction.net:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1962116/bladeofjudgement
    DeviantART: http://bladeofjudgement.deviantart.com/

My mom's friend sat me in front of their TV and put Pokemon tapes into the VCR. I can't remember the first episode I watched but when I was little I would play the tape where Ash battled Blaine over and over. I had some figures and a lot of trading cards (I still don't really know how to play the TCG.) I didn't actually play a Pokemon game until Gen III but I remember being at someone's house with three or four kids watching another kid play Blue Version.

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Cousin was watching it one time I think.

Back when I was in year 3 or 2. So I would have been 8 and it was in the year 2003 or 2002. I found out about Pokemon from my 2 sisters. They used to watch Pokemon on TV every morning before school and I one day sat down and watched it with them and all I remember is just Ash Misty and Brock and Pikachu walking along a path. The episode of the fighting tournament comes to my mind, the one with primeape and hitmonlee etc. As well as the tv show when me and my sisters use to go over my mum and dads friends house their son and my sisters played and traded with the Pokemon trading cards and I was surrounded by all of this Pokemon stuff I got incredibly into it as well.

We started going to the movies to see the movies and I remember getting that holigraphic mew card or something. Then eventually I got into the Pokemon games (Pokemon Gold) in year 3 or 4 and ever since then I've liked Pokemon. My sisters aren't as into it as they were but one of them still likes it, although I guess you'd call her one of those gen1 people hah.

But Pokemon has been a big part of my childhood and I'm glad I can still enjoy the games and show. It's also good that so many of my friends still play it/like it.

I saw Pokemon Stadium on display at Wal-Mart in the Spring-Summer of 2000 and then I got Blue/Yellow.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The show came on after school, so I guess I just watched it and I liked it.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

A flight of the Singapore airlines in 2006 had Yellow and Silver on those little screens on the back of the seat in front of you.
    I had seen the anime before and saw Pikachu so I tried Yellow. I fell in love with the series. For an hour I ran around Pallet Town, because I was told to not go in the grass, so I didn't until I did anyway. I liked what I played so I got SS a lot later.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

Well, it's a difficult question, because i really don't remember when i discovered Pokemon. I bought my first game (Diamond) when I was eight, but i knew them and watched them on tv also before i did it. I think that a day i watched the first series on tv and i liked it, but i must be very young.
    Last edited by Pikachu 21; 31st August 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Follow Ditto91 On Twitter Add Ditto91 on Facebook
    Follow Ditto91 on Tumblr

It's a hard question to ask I think as far as I remember I was 7 or 8 when I first discovered pokemon when my brother showed me the show. My very first pokemon game I had was sapphire version
    Last edited by Ditto91; 30th August 2013 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I realize I putted two words at the same time

My friend showed me Pokemon Blue, and I was hooked.

Fat
    Blog Entries

Visit Fat's Youtube Channel

When I was like 7, I saw my cousin playing Pokemon, AND IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! So for my birthday, I asked for a Pokemon game. And like 4-5 years later, I'm still stuck at the Spear Pillar. :P

I had saved up my birthday money and bought a game boy pocket for my 9th birthday (1998?). The problem was I didn't have money to buy a single game! Well long story short; Christmas came and my mom had no idea what games to get me so she ended up picking up a game called Pokemon: Red. I really had no clue what it was, but I put it in and played it. Needless to say I became a life long pokemon fan soon after. Oh the nostalgia. ~
    Last edited by GuitarHero; 6th September 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh, good Lord, it was years ago ... not long before the release of Yellow, as I recall. My (only)friend Dan at primary school was into it, so I think I watched Episode 1 as it aired on ITV soon after. (Could well be mistaken on that count). It wasn't long till I'd bought the Prima guide and waited till my birthday till I could get one of the Gen I games. I had intended to buy Blue, I think, but I ended up with Yellow

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Through the anime. x_x Though to be honest, it's such a blur, that I can't really remember well exactly how I got into it...but I know the anime played a very large part into me getting into Pokemon as a whole.

Blog Entries

Visit Teapot Salty's Youtube Channel

when i was a wee lad i got fire red and leaf green for christmas

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast