How can pokemons use field moves like Surf even when they fainted? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How can pokemons use field moves like Surf even when they fainted?

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: How can pokemons use field moves like Surf even when they fainted?

I agree with everyone that's said that a Pokemon isn't fully unconscious when it "faints." Therefore, it should still be able to move and perform basic functions like swimming and flying.

Four words:

Gameplay and Story Segregation.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like this:

In all seriousness, it's so you don't get stuck in an area if you happen to have knocked out a Pokémon with a necessary field move.

As some posters above said, I agree with the idea that "fainted" doesn't mean "knocked out". oAo
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Dang it, I wanted to make a joke about this, but people already beat me to the punch.

How about this: to use fly, you just throw the fainted Pokemon like a paper airplane, and grab on!

Or, more seriously, we could go with what everyone else has said: That they're weak, but not knocked out.
    Mantyke likes this.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lol, you guys are making me laugh! Anyways, yeah, I agree. It's another aspect of the games that doesn't make a lick of sense. I guess when Pokemon "faint", they have enough energy to do things like cut down grass, swim across water, climb rocky cliffs, etc., but not enough to fight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Edit View Post
    lol, you guys are making me laugh! Anyways, yeah, I agree. It's another aspect of the games that doesn't make a lick of sense. I guess when Pokemon "faint", they have enough energy to do things like cut down grass, swim across water, climb rocky cliffs, etc., but not enough to fight.
    *Laughs* If they had enough energy to climb a cliff, one would think they'd be able to fight, right? XD

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Real question is how can Pikachu use Surf without a Surfboard?
    His Substitute transforms into one.

Blog Entries

"Faint" doesn't seem to mean knocked out. If I recall in the Gamecube RPGs wild Pokemon get up when they faint. I figured they're too weak to fight but not too weak to do basic things.

hi

Fainting is called Near Death, in the Japanese version. Though, I think that's not exactly what it means ether. I think it means that any battling after the point of fainting could seriously injure or possibly kill the Pokemon. Doing tasks like cutting or surfing will not kill them, just so long as they're not taking any damage they'll be fine.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12