How about pre-historic Pokemon that arent animals?

Thread: How about pre-historic Pokemon that arent animals?

Talking How about pre-historic Pokemon that arent animals?

What would you think of inorganic Pokemon in the same vein as Chandelure, Chimecho, and Magneton that are prehistoric and have experienced extinction? I know there's already Pokemon that are based on relics, like Claydol, Sigilyph, and Unown. I'm talking ones that leave behind a fossil and need to be re-animated, just like Aerodactyl, Archeops, Armaldo etc.
    Some examples would be Pokemon that are based on weapons or items that were used billions of years ago, or even outdated items that have been mostly made "extinct" by new inventions(ex: a record player being replaced by a CD player)(Just an example).

Should there be pre-historic non-animal species as well?
    Last edited by AntJR; 26th November 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Default Re: How about pre-historic Pokemon that arent animals?

Given how many Pokemon there are that are revived from fossils, I'm surprised we don't have a Pokemon inspired by physical fossils yet. Would be a great premise for a Rock/Ghost type in my opinion.

We'll Have So Much Fun Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Oh ho, we could get into all sorts of things like dinosaur skeletons or a Pokemon based on a meteorite (like the one theorized to kill of the dinosaurs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Given how many Pokemon there are that are revived from fossils, I'm surprised we don't have a Pokemon inspired by physical fossils yet. Would be a great premise for a Rock/Ghost type in my opinion.
    Same here. A ghost fossil Pokemon would be really cool to see. Or if its not a separate Pokemon itself, one that the fossil of an extinct Pokemon that wasnt re-animated correctly, so it dies. That typing would be nice; solid(Rock) meets non-solid(Ghost) :)

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    Oh ho, we could get into all sorts of things like dinosaur skeletons or a Pokemon based on a meteorite (like the one theorized to kill of the dinosaurs.)
    Oh, A dinosaur skeleton? Like the Kabutops and Aerodactyl skeleton forms of Missingno, but an actual Pokemon :)
    And a Pokemon based on the meteor that killed the dinosaurs, that'd be interesting, and maybe it could make re-animated Pokemon experience extinction again(revert them back to their fossils).

Quote Originally Posted by Pratkun View Post
    No, the Pokémon should be the same in the ancient times. Because it takes very less time for a Pokémon to evolve! If you remember the Lucario movie, there were Kanto Pokémon fighting each other. Like Kangaskhan, Nidoking etc. Even in the Arceus movie, there were the newer Pokémon also. So it proves that Pokémon were the same and are still the same. There's no point of bringing evolution here. Newer Pokémon might be there in other planets with their own favourable conditions.

Just think if students in the Pokémon World had to study Biology, they would've got their brains outta their heads! xD

Maybe that's why trainers like Ash leave their houses for an adventure at the age of 10. lol.
    I think you may have misunderstood this topic, the topic is about Pokemon that are objects that are also prehistoric.
    and yeah I agree, Pokemon biology would be pretty difficult, lol :)
    Last edited by AntJR; 30th November 2012 at 03:59 AM.

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

No, the Pokémon should be the same in the ancient times. Because it takes very less time for a Pokémon to evolve! If you remember the Lucario movie, there were Kanto Pokémon fighting each other. Like Kangaskhan, Nidoking etc. Even in the Arceus movie, there were the newer Pokémon also. So it proves that Pokémon were the same and are still the same. There's no point of bringing evolution here. Newer Pokémon might be there in other planets with their own favourable conditions.

Just think if students in the Pokémon World had to study Biology, they would've got their brains outta their heads! xD

Maybe that's why trainers like Ash leave their houses for an adventure at the age of 10. lol.

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.

We'll Have So Much Fun Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Pratkun View Post

Except that's not exactly "ancient" times, at least not prehistoric. That's like saying that animals today don't evolve because the Ancient Greek's had birds, fish, and mammals like we do today. From an evolutionary stand point, humans are a very new species. Assuming this is also true for the Pokemon world, prehistoric Pokemon like the ones we're talking about would have existed millions of years before present day, not a couple thousand like when these movies take place.

Besides that, it's apparent that Pokemon life has changed since we have fossil Pokemon such as Omastar and Rampardos that don't exist in the current Pokemon world other than by unnatural means.

I do agree that history must be a nightmare to teach because the scientists of the Pokemon world are apparently clueless about the prehistoric world except for the information a couple of fossils bring them. Seriously, you'd think they could come up with more to fill the history books with all the other technology they have.

Blog Entries

I actually thought a lot about this sort of thing for a potential short story/fanfic. I think ancient Pokemon would be more like Graveler or Gigalith, at least for ones based off inanimate objects. More rocks and crystals than spears. Although, an arrowhead-shaped Pokemon would be interesting, if it was dark and shiny like obsidian.

You've also got to take into account that the landmasses would've been different in the prehistoric Pokemon world. For example, there's be two halves of Sinnoh (which indicates the precursors to East/West Shellos) and Hoenn would be not much more than a small volcanic island. The Pokemon would have to be different to adapt to those harsher conditions.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An arrowhead Pokémon would be cool. I imagine it would have killer speed and attack stats, but with mediocre attack, defense and HP. Perhaps its final form would be a bow-and-arrow type deal. It'd probably be at least part -Rock.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I love the idea of a Pokemon that is an actual fossil and is Rock/Ghost type (I'm surprised they didn't do that with some of the ones based on relics). I also think that maybe we could have a Pokemon based on an extinct plant rather than an extinct animal.

(By the way, before anyone suggests the latter has been done with Lileep/Cradily, they're actually based on crinoids, which are a type of animal related to starfish and sea urchins.)

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Would like to see Pokémon based around fossils, cavemen or even eldritch abominations from ancient times (kinda redundant I know, but just to make it clear)